Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

It's like evolution favors this hobby. We have multiple redundant organs that we can sell to fund our collections.

And look at the benefits:
1. Sell one kidney, have 50% less chance of getting kidney stones.
2. Kidneys weigh something. Lose one, lose weight!

SOLD. :lecture

...I can never tell when there are a lot of people in here. I may save my contests for week of Spook when it's filled in here.

I think teasing it during the day is best, so people know it's coming. I don't think there's ever a specific time when people are around. Drop in a preview with a time during the day while people are at work, and then peeps will likely see it and know the time they should be around for it. Though waiting another week or so for Spook could also work!

You and I think exactly alike. :hi5: I saw that yesterday too. I'm wondering if it's a temporary backorder or if they'll stop making the Death Star set soon. I kinda doubt they won't have it available through the holiday season, but the double points deal does make me want to get it now.

Nothing makes me feel the absolute need to buy something like when it says out of stock and then I get another opportunity to get it. Yep, marketing works on me lol. :slap

That's pretty much me -- and most here, I'd think! :lol Debate it for a while, see that it's sold out and be sad, find out that it's back in stock and debate it heavily again! :lol

All I know is that you never want something more than when you realize you can no longer get it. THAT SAID...it doesn't always mean that you should've gotten it in the first place! :lol

The Death Star looks awesome, and double points is DEFINITELY incentive to get it if you were going to pick it up anyway! That's a nice haul! I'm not sure if I'll bite on it though, as I don't know the real size of it, I'm not sure where I'd put it, and it's the price of a PF! :lol It's definitely tempting though!

What I do think are cool are these guys! Has anyone ever made one before?

maxresdefault.jpg

I've seen them built at the Lego store and they are really cool. I just never picked them up because they are pretty pricey for what they are.

I haven't built any of those but hear they're pretty cool.

That's the type of push I like to hear! :lol

tumblr_myrs3rZGXq1s4pchto1_500.gif

I've seen them built at the Lego store and they are really cool. I just never picked them up because they are pretty pricey for what they are.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering about too. I think a lot of small LEGO sets are overpriced, but I guess that depends on how you look at it all! I'm not sure I'd build an army of them, but I may look into them a bit more.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering about too. I think a lot of small LEGO sets are overpriced, but I guess that depends on how you look at it all! I'm not sure I'd build an army of them, but I may look into them a bit more.

Especially the Star Wars sets. Not only are you paying for LEGO, but you're paying for Star Wars. They're hitting you coming and going!

Especially the Star Wars sets. Not only are you paying for LEGO, but you're paying for Star Wars. They're hitting you coming and going!

Yeah, there's definitely a license tax on these for sure! I guess it's a plus that they don't just have basic cylindrical heads! :lol

I have to go to a parent teacher conference for my son, so when I get back I will verify my results for my contest and announce the winner.

It looks like I had 16 people submit entries!

Thanks again everybody for playing. Winner coming soon!

Didn't Lego just announce a Doctor Who set for around Christmas?
Did they? I heard rumors, but nothing official. I figured they would with the Doctor Who stuff in Lego Dimensions.

yeah, they've got a Dr. Who set planned. Supposedly they're also doing a Ghostbuster Fire Station set next year.
****KKKKKKKKKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [on both counts].
I have to go to a parent teacher conference for my son, so when I get back I will verify my results for my contest and announce the winner.

It looks like I had 16 people submit entries!

Thanks again everybody for playing. Winner coming soon!

Thanks for the contest! :hi5:

-Leave it to collectors to not do guess how many jelly beans, but rather Lego pieces. :lol

Well, the results are in!

I currently have 7 Lego sets on display, with a grand total of 8944 bricks out in my "man-cave".

RavenEye guessed 8546 pieces, so was the closest without going over.

Congrats RavenEye! Please PM me your information and I'll ship your Rocket Raccoon Pop as soon as I can.

Well, the results are in!

I currently have 7 Lego sets on display, with a grand total of 8944 bricks out in my "man-cave".

RavenEye guessed 8546 pieces, so was the closest without going over.

Congrats RavenEye! Please PM me your information and I'll ship your Rocket Raccoon Pop as soon as I can.

Congrats RavenEye!! Great conversation making contest mrdbios! :hi5:

What pieces do you have on display? I estimated my count on Slave 1, the Helicarrier, and I threw in about 1,500 on top of those two. Have a certain place you display them all, or wherever there's space?

What pieces do you have on display? I estimated my count on Slave 1, the Helicarrier, and I threw in about 1,500 on top of those two. Have a certain place you display them all, or wherever there's space?

I currently have Slave 1 and Helicarrier as noted. I also have the UCS Batmobile/Tumbler, the Milano set, Rey's Speeder, Poe's X-Wing (which is an awesome set!), and Ecto-1. Plus their figures.

I wish I had it better organized, but they are kind of scattered about. I like to keep properties together, but have so many different shows/movies represented that it's impossible.

Back