Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #4, what is the worst incident you've had in which a collectible got broken? To me, these will be true horror stories.

Deadline is 7:30pm Central Time tonight.

One entry per person. Winner will be chosen by the wheel. If you've already won a mystery box you cannot win another but feel free to share your story.

Oh man, some of these stories! So painful! :lol

I can't think of any major breaks outside of one off the top of my head. My wife has my Deadpool and Darth Vader Mythos statues in her office because I don't have the room at the moment to get them set up. But she just has them on a crafts table, so they're kind of surrounded by things, and the more I write this the more I realize I should just box them up again until I get the room! :lol

Either way, one day I was in there, and we were near the table and she was looking for something and I told her to be careful and BAM, Vader's head pops off! I'm WAY too **** about small marks, so as it was falling I was like...

darth-vader-no.jpg

It hit the table, and SEEMED okay, and then I saw these small black pieces and realized the side of his mask (this was the unmasked sculpt) had cracked. SMALL break, but still...I tried to find the three or so pieces that broke off. VERY small, and succeeded. I got some crazy glue or crafting glue or whatever, and fixed it right away. Honestly, I STILL haven't checked to see how it looks! :lol I put it on the back of a shelf to dry, and that was a few months ago...I should probably check!

That said, I think it'll survive, and it's not like I planned to sell him ever anyway. Still...my heart sank when it fell! I really do need to put those away. :lol

Okay, updating my contest as well! I didn't even realize the contest ENDED yesterday! :lol I was going to extend it anyway, but I'm hoping at least a few people enter! :lol I may just have to push it until Halloween night and people will just have to watch and read the book and movie after Halloween...which is still great!

anmI8Lf.gif

Once again posting my contest for those who may have missed it about 25 pages back! :lol

Pumpkin Creative Arts Contest!

I say creative arts because it's whatever you'd like to do with a pumpkin (well, let's try not to American Pie one or anything! :lol) You can carve it, you can paint it, you can staple things to it...whatever speaks to you creatively you can do! It's all in fun, and my wife will be the judge. Again, her tastes or likings can vary day to day, so you never know what will speak to her! So have fun and let your creative juices flow!

The Prizes:

View attachment 216786

The prize is a Trick'r Treat prize pack, with a Blu-ray copy of the film, as well as a copy of the JUST release prequel graphic novel, Trick'r Treat: Days of the Dead! If the winner already has the Blu-ray, then I'll come up with another worthy horror Blu-ray to take its place and ship it your way!

Contest Closes Saturday, October 31st at 11:59pm!

GOOD LUCK!!!

gif.gif

Okay, updating my contest as well! I didn't even realize the contest ENDED yesterday! :lol I was going to extend it anyway, but I'm hoping at least a few people enter! :lol I may just have to push it until Halloween night and people will just have to watch and read the book and movie after Halloween...which is still great!

anmI8Lf.gif

Once again posting my contest for those who may have missed it about 25 pages back! :lol

Pumpkin Creative Arts Contest!

I say creative arts because it's whatever you'd like to do with a pumpkin (well, let's try not to American Pie one or anything! :lol) You can carve it, you can paint it, you can staple things to it...whatever speaks to you creatively you can do! It's all in fun, and my wife will be the judge. Again, her tastes or likings can vary day to day, so you never know what will speak to her! So have fun and let your creative juices flow!

The Prizes:

View attachment 216786

The prize is a Trick'r Treat prize pack, with a Blu-ray copy of the film, as well as a copy of the JUST release prequel graphic novel, Trick'r Treat: Days of the Dead! If the winner already has the Blu-ray, then I'll come up with another worthy horror Blu-ray to take its place and ship it your way!

Contest Closes Saturday, October 31st at 11:59pm!

GOOD LUCK!!!

gif.gif

My wife asked me to pick up a few things after work today so we could work on our pumpkin tomorrow. Hopefully we get it done by Saturday.

My wife asked me to pick up a few things after work today so we could work on our pumpkin tomorrow. Hopefully we get it done by Saturday.

Good stuff! :) I guess I wasn't aware at how few people did pumpkins around here! To be honest, I haven't done a pumpkin in a loooong time as well; but that's not for a lack of wanting to! I know my wife always wants to do one...it's just a bit harder living in an apartment with nowhere to put it after.

To be honest, I haven't done a pumpkin in a loooong time as well; but that's not for a lack of wanting to! I know my wife always wants to do one...it's just a bit harder living in an apartment with nowhere to put it after.

You could carve a couple of smaller ones and keep them handy to throw at the bike riders on your street ala Disney's Headless Horseman.

You could carve a couple of smaller ones and keep them handy to throw at the bike riders on your street ala Disney's Headless Horseman.

:lol :lol Don't tempt me! That's hilarious though. :lol

Maybe we'll do one and drop it off at my parent's house or something. Lots don't even carve them now! There are so many ways to design or decorate pumpkins now, via painting or crafts, that some just go that route for decorating the house. That's why I made it an arts/carving contest, so either or can be done. :)

Pretty pumped! I'm going to be ordering this costume for the Force Awakens premiere opening night! I was hoping to get it for Halloween, but I don't think it'd ship in time if I order it by tomorrow...plus, Halloween is on a Saturday, so miss out there! Either way, I'll be able to use it for comic cons, and just Jedi stuff in general! :lol

e9ae115b67f531d324f6c707dd90f38d.jpg

Pretty pumped! I'm going to be ordering this costume for the Force Awakens premiere opening night! I was hoping to get it for Halloween, but I don't think it'd ship in time if I order it by tomorrow...plus, Halloween is on a Saturday, so miss out there! Either way, I'll be able to use it for comic cons, and just Jedi stuff in general! :lol

That's very cool! THere should be a bunch of people in costume for opening night, so it should be a blast.

I dressed up for the Back To The Future movies last night, but won't for Star Wars... don't think I'd be comfortable in a Darth Vader or Trooper outfit for 3 hours. :lol I get hot too easy.

56022056.jpg
:monkey3 :wink1:

That's very cool! THere should be a bunch of people in costume for opening night, so it should be a blast.

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be loads of Jedi and such there! I was going to go Han, but I'm not sure about the outfit from their site...it's probably solid, but I figured this would be best this time around! Maybe I'll go that route next year!

I dressed up for the Back To The Future movies last night, but won't for Star Wars... don't think I'd be comfortable in a Darth Vader or Trooper outfit for 3 hours. :lol I get hot too easy.

Awesome! Who'd you dress up as? I agree, armor would be pretty rough! I'll have to try and gauge how hot I'll be in this once it arrives...well, after I order it! It'll be the dead of winter, but it could still be okay, plus it's inside...it could go either way! But yeah, probably more comfortable all around than Vader armor! :lol

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #4, what is the worst incident you've had in which a collectible got broken? To me, these will be true horror stories.

Deadline is 7:30pm Central Time tonight.

One entry per person. Winner will be chosen by the wheel. If you've already won a mystery box you cannot win another but feel free to share your story.

I have the exclusive Sideshow Predator maquette. I originally bought it from another collector and it arrived with a broken tusk on the unmasked head. I sent it to a pro painter and sculpter who totally repaired the tusk and it arrived looking absolutely perfect and beautiful. I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to switch out from the masked head to the unmasked one. When I went to do that, however, it was a tight fit and as I pushed the piece in place, one of the dreadlocks was somehow out of place on the head and it broke right off. I still haven't gotten it fixed yet.

I am off of work for spook and my macbook crapped out. Damnit! It's a pita on my phone.

Got all the prizes out today that I hadn't shipped. Everyone should probably have them on Saturday.

15 minutes left to get in a horror story about a broken collectible!

Back