Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

tumblr_inline_n1mzjhNKh81r28euw.gif

[emoji38]
It's funny I had to convince my daughter that it's okay to play with the legos. She's so used to not being allowed to touch my stuff lol.

My own kids are OK with my collection, and actually enjoy looking at it. It's funny, if I decide to sell something to make room for something else, it becomes a family discussion on what can go and what can stay (I have final say :lol).

Its when my kids friends come over that I have issues. One came over to stay, and he has a LOT of Legos. While I didn't mind him exploring the Legos that I had on display, it was hard for him to make the distinction between playing with the Legos and not getting to play with the Hot Toys figures. I kind of felt like a 3 year old; NO! That's MINE!

My own kids are OK with my collection, and actually enjoy looking at it. It's funny, if I decide to sell something to make room for something else, it becomes a family discussion on what can go and what can stay (I have final say :lol).

Its when my kids friends come over that I have issues. One came over to stay, and he has a LOT of Legos. While I didn't mind him exploring the Legos that I had on display, it was hard for him to make the distinction between playing with the Legos and not getting to play with the Hot Toys figures. I kind of felt like a 3 year old; NO! That's MINE!

I keep a flyswatter nearby just for those occasions haha

Rumor has it the Firehouse is going to be $350. That is another reason I'm not sure I'm going to get the falcon. I just need confirmation on what the firehouse is going to be before I decide to get it.

That's almost Death Star pricing and the same as the Helicarrier! It took me forever to get the Lego rewards I have so there's no way I'll have enough to get it for free if it's $350. :mad:

Rumor has it the Firehouse is going to be $350. That is another reason I'm not sure I'm going to get the falcon. I just need confirmation on what the firehouse is going to be before I decide to get it.

It better have 3,300+ pieces for them to be asking that price. If so, it sure sounds like a UCS type set. I hope we get confirmation soon.

How are you feeling zod?

Not terrible but definitely not back to normal, thanks for asking! I went into work for about an hour yesterday and couldn't sit down for long so left. I think I can last longer today but probably still won't be a full day. At this point I just want to recovered enough to be able to make it through the weekend at Wizard World Tulsa. :lol

I keep a flyswatter nearby just for those occasions haha

:rotfl

My nephew is 4 (5 next month) and he thinks my Hot Toys are awesome (his word of the moment :lol). He noticed I had an empty shelf in the detolf and he told me I needed to buy more things to put in there. I've let him hold some of the simpler figures (Stealth Cap, Mechanic Tony) but he knows he's not allowed to go into the cabinet unless I'm with him. He did act out the scene in IM3 where Tony is underwater and JARVIS removes the hand to save him with the figure :lol

My wife loves showing people my collection, but it makes me nervous when she does. Some people still see the 1/6 figures as "toys" and want to mess with them. Little kids seem to realize that since they're behind glass doors that means they aren't meant to be touched, but adults need to be told for some reason.

My wife loves showing people my collection, but it makes me nervous when she does. Some people still see the 1/6 figures as "toys" and want to mess with them. Little kids seem to realize that since they're behind glass doors that means they aren't meant to be touched, but adults need to be told for some reason.

My Thinkway Toy Story figues are the ones I need to keep away from kids! :lol Yep they look like fun toys from the movie but nope you can't play with them, not at those prices! :panic: :lol

My brother-in-law and his wife stayed with us a few months back, and they had to sleep in the media room with the collectibles. I lived in terror for those 3 days that they would hit something and knock it over or break it! My wife had a great laugh at me the day before they came as I was moving several pieces out looking for a new temporary home for them.

My Thinkway Toy Story figues are the ones I need to keep away from kids! :lol Yep they look like fun toys from the movie but nope you can't play with them, not at those prices! :panic: :lol

Those are awesome! My wife picked up Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye for my graduation, and I love them!

Question, how do you get Woody to stand? My only criticism of those collectibles is that stand!

Those are awesome! My wife picked up Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye for my graduation, and I love them!

Question, how do you get Woody to stand? My only criticism of those collectibles is that stand!

When I used to have them on display in the detolf I used the stand but rested him up against Buzz or Bullseye too.

Rex is my favourite, such a great toy and collectible! Finally owning one of my favourite movie characters from when I was a kid was amazing!

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #4, what is the worst incident you've had in which a collectible got broken? To me, these will be true horror stories.

Deadline is 7:30pm Central Time tonight.

One entry per person. Winner will be chosen by the wheel. If you've already won a mystery box you cannot win another but feel free to share your story.

Congratulations Josh-A-Tron! PM me your address.
Congrats Josh! Thanks for another contest Zod! And thank Mrs. Zod for boxing up more of your stuff! Tell her to pack some Star Wars stuff into a box for me. ;)

As a new Lego addict I started buying these series 14 minifigs. Can you believe I didn't get a single duplicate out of 8? Pretty lucky IMO!
009340d0492e5301ab27e7da5efc4cbd.jpg
You just cursed yourself! If you buy anymore, duplicate after duplicate after duplicate! I bought both of the Simpsons series, and still have no Hibbert. I have all the rest, but ended up with 3 dupes even after feeling them. One was my stupidity, but the other two were just tough. Hibbert feels just like Homer, and that's what that tricked me, so I have 2 Homers already. I'm scared to buy another, and dont want to buy on Ebay since it doubles the cost... I hope to find one locally at a toy show or something...

I'm trying to decide on my next set. I want to be like Will Farrell in the Lego Movie. :lol
I need the Kwik-E Mart. I should buy it this month, with the double points...

If you or anyone else is able to take a trip to LEGOLAND California, you'll be treated to the entire set that was seen in the movie. The basement where Will Farrell kept that LEGO city. Every single piece was transported and displayed, but they said that it's only temporary.

The-LEGO-Movie-Experience-at-LEGOLand-California-b.jpg
That's just awesome! Heck, EVERYTHING is awesome!!!

Hehe I love watching you guys fret over the riddles. I'm such a sadist.
Those were tough. I figured out the first after 15 minutes or so... The 2nd one I knew instantly only because a friend of mine asked me that riddle last year (it relates to his line of work). The 3rd one is tough. I took a stab in the dark. I hope I'm right, but I'm not so sure. It's the only answer which makes sense to me, but I could be overlooking something...

That's almost Death Star pricing and the same as the Helicarrier! It took me forever to get the Lego rewards I have so there's no way I'll have enough to get it for free if it's $350. :mad:
I really want the Death Star. I just don't want to pay that much...

Just under 10 hours left on the contest Boys and Ghouls, and the prize is your Choice of horror POP!, Jason/Freddy/Michael or Pinhead.
What, no Lineface option??? ;) Seriously those are tough. I wants em all. But I'd probably go with Pinhead. Or Freddy. Or Jason. Or Michael. One of those... ;)

Question, how do you get Woody to stand?
There are pills to help get your Woody to stand! :lecture

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #4, what is the worst incident you've had in which a collectible got broken? To me, these will be true horror stories.

One entry per person. Winner will be chosen by the wheel. If you've already won a mystery box you cannot win another but feel free to share your story.

When we moved from New Orleans to Tennessee, we hired a company to pack up and move all of our stuff. While my collection was not extremely large at the time, I did have some really cool pieces, and informed the company the importance of keeping the pieces safe. I did take some with me when we went, but simply put couldn't bring all of them myself. They had to move some.

I had the Exclusive Buffy PF figure from SSC (the original one in the black dress). Simple version of the story-they broke Buffy. Like, actually managed to chip out her eye (among other damages). I was furious! Ultimately, we ended up getting reimbursed very little vs. the value of the statue. I've vowed to never move long distance again!

I'll start it off. Many, many, many years ago in college I lived in a small apartment. I had a little collection of statues that I put on two mounted shelves that were attached to the wall like this twin-slot-wall-mounted-shelving-kits-p14311-442016_zoom.jpg

I went on a quick overnight trip and came back to find one of the shelves and all the statues on the floor and on my desk--all with varying degrees of damage from the fall. The only thing I can figure out for what happened is that my 20 pound cat figured out how to jump onto the first shelf, probably knocked a statue off, freaked out, jumped up and hit the bottom of the top shelf to knock everything off, and finished the job by cleaning off the shelf he landed on when he tried to get down. Most of the statues weren't expensive but the loss that killed me was seeing my Grendel Rose statue destroyed. View attachment 218627

Needless to say, every set up for my collection since has included glass doors.

anmI8Lf.gif

I can only pick ONE??? Man, I've had back luck with collectibles. Most were due to my own stupidity. I guess I'll go with the quickest I ever broke one. I bought a Yoda vs. Dooku diorama on Ebay. I bought a NEW one, so there was less chance of damage or breakage. I opened it up, and it looked great. I then tried to put the statue part into the base, but was having difficulties fitting it into the slot. I was doing this while holding both pieces, and decided that was dumb, cuz I could easily break something. So I set the base down, then set the statue part down. I looked at the statue carefully, making note of Yoda's lightsaber. As I set it down, I immediately heard a SNAP! I forgot that Dooku's saber went the opposite direction, out the back side. Broke the entire saber off, and the surrounding paint. Because it's so tiny and thin, it did not glue back on very well. If you touch it, it wobbles, and sometimes falls off again. Plus, the base of the hilt doesn't have paint anymore. I don't have a steady hand, so am scared to paint it, cuz one slip, and Yoda or Dooku is silver...

Back