Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

Our pumpkins this year. Nothing too fancy, but we don't use any stencils or measurements as a rule, just freehand carving. I like how they came out!
ed4956fd2e535651badc84ab3b77a0ae.jpg

Nice job! Fancy isn't needed, as long as you had fun! Thanks for submitting! :hi5:

We do our work pumpkins next week... maybe if its good enough I'll post mine.... but I'm not holding my breath.

Submit anyway! You never know what could happen. It's all in fun! :)

Damn! I didn't think I would be so busy today. But I told myself that I've got Freaktacular to look forward to and cheer me up.

So here I am. I open up the thread and I'm reading all these horror stories about collectibles breaking, being sold off in garage sales, etc. I'm so sad now! WTH you guys?! :lol

Anyway, I can share that some of my GI Joes and MOTU when I was young are broken. Most of them worthless, especially the GI Joes because the rubber bands that hold the extremities to the torso all brittle and have snapped. :monkey2

Pretty pumped! I'm going to be ordering this costume for the Force Awakens premiere opening night! I was hoping to get it for Halloween, but I don't think it'd ship in time if I order it by tomorrow...plus, Halloween is on a Saturday, so miss out there! Either way, I'll be able to use it for comic cons, and just Jedi stuff in general! :lol

e9ae115b67f531d324f6c707dd90f38d.jpg

Awesome! A complete set! Looks like a 5 or 6 piece set. Take pics of the people in line at opening night.

I have the exclusive Sideshow Predator maquette. I originally bought it from another collector and it arrived with a broken tusk on the unmasked head. I sent it to a pro painter and sculpter who totally repaired the tusk and it arrived looking absolutely perfect and beautiful. I was ecstatic and couldn't wait to switch out from the masked head to the unmasked one. When I went to do that, however, it was a tight fit and as I pushed the piece in place, one of the dreadlocks was somehow out of place on the head and it broke right off. I still haven't gotten it fixed yet.
Ugggh! One of my favorite franchises. A predator's dreads is one of their more recognizable features other than their mandibles. Sorry to hear. :(

Let's close the broken collectibles contest now. No more sad stories. :lol

View attachment 218773

Congrats! PM me your info and choose your Horror POP! - Freddy/Jason/Michael or Pinhead
Oh snap! What?!

Wow! The spinning wheel Gods have forgiven me. :rotfl

I had to guess on the first two, but felt pretty confident in my guesses. Six of us got the riddles correct! Nice!

Thank you Josh a Tron! This was very generous of you. PM sent.

I WON?!?

:yess:

Oh, wow, I don't know what to say.

Just hold on a minute, I made a few notes incase this day ever came.

(rustling paper)

Thank you to my Freaks, I couldn't have gotten this far without you.

And thanks to my wife, I, I love you babe.

And (sniffs, holds hand to head), and (sniffles again), and thanks to (breaks down)

Most of all, thanks to Zod. Just know, bud, that I've always got your back! (bows, holds up peace sign, falls off stage as trying to exit)

Just kidding around. Seriously, thanks a bunch Zod. You are one generous freak!

LOL!

Congrats on the win bud! :clap

So that's how you have 25,000 posts Cent. :lol

Awesome! A complete set! Looks like a 5 or 6 piece set. Take pics of the people in line at opening night.

The robe and tunic come together, but the belt and boots are separate. I'll need to pick up a lightsaber hilt too. I've got a couple, but I'm not sure they'll work right with this. We'll see! Either way, I'll probably order it this weekend!

So that's how you have 25,000 posts Cent. :lol
I know right! Also a great way to increase the number of posts in this thread. Could we play that guessing game again? :lol
I was so behind in this thread after being busy all day. I wanted to catch up, one post at a time.... and I did it! :yess:

The robe and tunic come together, but the belt and boots are separate. I'll need to pick up a lightsaber hilt too. I've got a couple, but I'm not sure they'll work right with this. We'll see! Either way, I'll probably order it this weekend!
The fabrics look like good quality. Are you ordering these online?

Let me guess, you have only Sith hilts. :)

The fabrics look like good quality. Are you ordering these online?

Let me guess, you have only Sith hilts. :)

Yeah, online. I'm hoping the quality is great, as they're pricey! >.< But I'm looking more long term for conventions and future Star Wars releases. No Sith hilts! I'm Jedi all the way! :lol I have an older Force FX Lightsaber from when they first came out...what, 10 years ago? A LONG time ago! But that was before the hilts came undone, so I can't really use it for a costume! :lol I COULD, but it'd be more of a hassle! So yeah, I'll likely need a cheaper plastic one unless they re-release some other Force FX ones!

I saw Kylo Ren's lightsaber at Toys R Us a month ago...the $199.99 Force FX one. I was tempted for a moment on that, because it's unique! But I have nowhere to really put it at the moment, so the money is better spent elsewhere.

Yeah, online. I'm hoping the quality is great, as they're pricey! >.< But I'm looking more long term for conventions and future Star Wars releases. No Sith hilts! I'm Jedi all the way! :lol I have an older Force FX Lightsaber from when they first came out...what, 10 years ago? A LONG time ago! But that was before the hilts came undone, so I can't really use it for a costume! :lol I COULD, but it'd be more of a hassle! So yeah, I'll likely need a cheaper plastic one unless they re-release some other Force FX ones!

I saw Kylo Ren's lightsaber at Toys R Us a month ago...the $199.99 Force FX one. I was tempted for a moment on that, because it's unique! But I have nowhere to really put it at the moment, so the money is better spent elsewhere.
Definitely consider buying for the long term. Your robe will last a very long time. I think the idea of a 'Jedi' will be here long after you and I look like this:

force-ghosts-real-anakin.jpg

Back