Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

What was your favorite childhood Halloween costume?

Contest ends at 11:30am Central Time today. One entry per person. Winner will be chosen by the wheel. If you've already won a mystery box you cannot win another, but feel free to join in with an answer.

BONUS CONTEST:

Anyone that posts a picture of themselves in the costume gets entered into another contest. No restrictions for previous wins.

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

Contest ends at 11:30am Central Time today. One entry per person. Winner will be chosen by the wheel. If you've already won a mystery box you cannot win another, but feel free to join in with an answer.

BONUS CONTEST:

Anyone that posts a picture of themselves in the costume gets entered into another contest. No restrictions for previous wins.
Has to be my Dracula costume I wore when I was 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

BONUS CONTEST:

Have to say Dracula. My mom helped me really do it up as Dracula when I was five and I won first place in the Dayton, OH city costume contest. The prize was season passes to King's Island amusement park for my whole family! Pretty sweet.

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

BONUS CONTEST:

Planet of the Apes Gorilla. Would wear all black with a cool full over the head gorilla mask and had a weird looking little gold medallion that was like an award or something. It was kind of cool.

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

BONUS CONTEST:

Homemade blue robot costume my Mom made me. I guess it used to be really hard to find good costumes in the early eighties (that weren't super expensive) so my Mom made my brother and I a lot of the ones we wore over the years.

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

BONUS CONTEST:

My favorite was my Isis (Egyptian Goddess) costume that my mom made for me when I was in middle school. It meant a lot that she took the time to make a costume for me! I mean, I could barely walk in it but it kicked ass :lol

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

BONUS CONTEST:

I don't have any pics of my costumes when I was a younger kid as they were all lost during Katrina. However, I do have a picture from high school that a friend sent me. I feel like I was a little kid when I look at the picture as it was over 20 years ago :(

I was extremely proud of this costume. It was the first Halloween party of any significance that I was invited to, so I worked on building this costume for weeks. It was such fun, and looking at it now I still don't think it came out too badly!

luke costume.jpg

Because I made it myself, it was certainly one of my favorites!

As a tie-in to the contest where we had to tell a scary story/experience that we had in our past: Remember when I said we had a malfunctioning alarm motion sensor and my daughter asked who the old woman was at the top of the stairs. This picture was taken in that house. It was the house that my wife grew up in, and she was the one who threw that party. Now this was long before we ever dated, let alone got married, so it was kind of cool that I actually knew her for so long before we became the awesome team we are now.

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

BONUS CONTEST:

I loved being Dracula when I was in 1st grade. As a matter of fact, I think I was Dracula for 3 straight years. LOL!
I had my face painted white, had the corners of my mouth dripping with red paint, my hair was shiny and slicked straight back, the cape, black pants, medallion, and those awfully painful plastic teeth! Seriously, did they mold these from a horses mouth? :lol

anmI8Lf.gif

For Mystery Box #5

BONUS CONTEST:

Underdog, which if I remember correctly was actually a Pound Puppy mask:
underdog.JPG
No clue what my sister was supposed to be or where the picture was taken though?

Wow, I have been off my game lately, congrats to recent winners!!!

Glad to see you got Snoopy, Snoopy. :lol :rotfl

If any entered the Scarring Contest, please do PM me the entries, I have missed far too much lol.

Zod's contest: Dammit! I wish I had pictures, the one I did a lot was Dracula, simple, classy; and overall legit. But my favorite I would say was being Raphael in 3rd grade. Didn't find a costume so I bought a Franklin the turtle costume and just threw on a bandanna. :lol

Wow, I have been off my game lately, congrats to recent winners!!!

Glad to see you got Snoopy, Snoopy. :lol :rotfl

If any entered the Scarring Contest, please do PM me the entries, I have missed far too much lol.

Zod's contest: Dammit! I wish I had pictures, the one I did a lot was Dracula, simple, classy; and overall legit. But my favorite I would say was being Raphael in 3rd grade. Didn't find a costume so I bought a Franklin the turtle costume and just threw on a bandanna. :lol

I remember dressing up as Raphael as a kid. My favourite turtle! :rock

That's exactly what it is! Man, I forgot all about the Gummi Bears!

View attachment 218891

Since seeing that pic got the damned song stuck in my head, I'll share the lyrics with you all so you can suffer just like me!

"Gummi Bears,
Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
High adventure that's beyond compare,
They are the Gummi Bears."

Awesome! Who'd you dress up as? I agree, armor would be pretty rough! I'll have to try and gauge how hot I'll be in this once it arrives...well, after I order it! It'll be the dead of winter, but it could still be okay, plus it's inside...it could go either way! But yeah, probably more comfortable all around than Vader armor! :lol

I dressed up as Marty from 2015. Made the Pepsi Perfect bottle at work before the movie, so I could sneak in a drink without them noticing. :lol worked like a charm. There was a 1985 Marty and a 2015 Doc Brown there as well.

20151021_175335.jpg

I dressed up as Marty from 2015. Made the Pepsi Perfect bottle at work before the movie, so I could sneak in a drink without them noticing. :lol worked like a charm. There was a 1985 Marty and a 2015 Doc Brown there as well.

20151021_175335.jpg
Nicely done! Did you also grab the hat?

michael-j-fox.jpg

Back