Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2015

Congrats Natalie and Vander for the win!

Big thanks again to GeneralZodLives for the awesome contests. :hi5:

Seriously, I would have sat there crying if I had damaged my vintage Star Wars figures that way. Fortunately, my mom sold them all at a garage for $0.25 each so I wouldn't need to worry about it :mad:
That sucks, too. My first 3 figures, bought from Woolworth's when I was 6, are long gone. I took a bath with R2-D2, and ruined his sticker. The neighborhood kid, Mark Valuch, stole my Luke, and pretended that he found one 3 blocks away so it wasn't mine. All I had left was C3PO, so I sold him at rummage for a quarter... Then when ESB came out, I went nuts buying figures at Target for 86 cents each, and never stopped until I reached high school, when I stupidly stopped. I saw POTF figures at KB on sale 2 for $1, looked at them, but passed... :gah:

I lost so many Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, and MOTU figures to garage sales my parents had when I left for college. It's seriously depressing to think about.
:monkey2

View attachment 218773

Congrats! PM me your info and choose your Horror POP! - Freddy/Jason/Michael or Pinhead
Congrats Centurion!!!

Congratulations, mrdbios! PM me your address!

Congrats mrdbios!!!

And since it's getting closer...this one I did a couple years ago but it's still good.

spook2_by_jsimonart-d6gi2ky.gif
That's awesome! I forgot about that one...

Not yet. It's like $30... pass. :lol
Cheap bastard! :lol

OK, for the embarrassment of posting pics of yourself in costume--here is the prize for the secondary contest. A Mondo Night of the Living Deadpool print.

View attachment 218902

Congratulations, Vander! PM me your address!

Awesome prize! Congrats Vander! Wish I hadn't missed that contest...

I gotta pay more attention to this thread!
This! :lecture

I will have my first contest TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! It will be for a horror blu-ray of the winner's choice. There will be several options, most are brand new/sealed. There may be a few DVD options as well, for anyone without a BD player... I still need to compile the pile... The contest will run at least until Noon CST tomorrow, so you don't need to be on tonight when I post it...

That sucks, too. My first 3 figures, bought from Woolworth's when I was 6, are long gone. I took a bath with R2-D2, and ruined his sticker. The neighborhood kid, Mark Valuch, stole my Luke, and pretended that he found one 3 blocks away so it wasn't mine. All I had left was C3PO, so I sold him at rummage for a quarter... Then when ESB came out, I went nuts buying figures at Target for 86 cents each, and never stopped until I reached high school, when I stupidly stopped. I saw POTF figures at KB on sale 2 for $1, looked at them, but passed... :gah:
Hey Bud!

Listen, I really did find that Luke 3 blocks away, but it doesn't matter anyway. My sister and her friends played with it, put lipstick and nail polish on him, and gave him a complete wardrobe make-over so it's a complete loss either way you look at it.

Best Regards,

Mark Valuch

Hey Bud!

Listen, I really did find that Luke 3 blocks away, but it doesn't matter anyway. My sister and her friends played with it, put lipstick and nail polish on him, and gave him a complete wardrobe make-over so it's a complete loss either way you look at it.

Best Regards,

Mark Valuch

a1bd915056b8822facc7ec376de75f37.jpg

:lol

Just short of 48 hours until my contest ends. Does anyone need more time?

Don't forget to share your idea in here too. :)

So I gave a longer intro to my idea for a villain. I figure I'll spare you all the long version of my entire tale (who knew there was a 5000 character limit to PMs?) that greygoose got and summarize the rest of Vicarious.

We left off with a horrific crime scene in the home of a seemingly normal family. The same scene plays out with several other families, all similar in that they seem like great families and the father went crazy and did some horrible things. But, in some cases the dad started clawing out his eyes before he died/killed himself.

This clue led the investigators to look closely at the eyes, and they found two types of nano-probes; one that sent transmitted information and one the received information. This prompts the investigators to look for a common link between all of the fathers via medical or scientific research areas. Bingo! All men had medical procedures at the same clinic, by the same doctor. Of course the doctor is my villain!

The investigators eventually are led to an abandoned post office, where they find an interior room aglow with multiple computer monitors (with keyboards and control panels attached). Each screen is showing some family scene (games, dinner, watching TV), and all seem like they are from a person's POV. The investigators realize that someone had been using the computer array to watch through the eyes of the patients and control them into committing the crimes. Just then, someone attacks wildly from the shadows. A wild fight ensues with the investigators ultimately prevailing. The good guys have won and beat the doctor. Crimes solved and roll credits.

But, post-credit scene: The investigators get results from some tests on the doctor and realize that he had the same nano-probes. Someone had been controlling him, making him control the other victims.

I'm no fiction writer, but thanks for the contest GG! It was fun to try it!

Last edited:

So I gave a longer intro to my idea for a villain. I figure I'll spare you all the long version of my entire tale (who knew there was a 5000 character limit to PMs?) that greygoose got and summarize the rest of Vicarioius.

We left off with a horrific crime scene in the home of a seemingly normal family. The same scene plays out with several other families, all similar in that they seem like great families and the father went crazy and did some horrible things. But, in some cases the dad started clawing out his eyes before he died/killed himself.

This clue led the investigators to look closely at the eyes, and they found two types of nano-probes; one that sent transmitted information and one the received information. This prompts the investigators to look for a common link between all of the fathers via medical or scientific research areas. Bingo! All men had medical procedures at the same clinic, by the same doctor. Of course the doctor is my villain!

The investigators eventually are led to an abandoned post office, where they find an interior room aglow with multiple computer monitors (with keyboards and control panels attached). Each screen is showing some family scene (games, dinner, watching TV), and all seem like they are from a person's POV. The investigators realize that someone had been using the computer array to watch through the eyes of the patients and control them into committing the crimes. Just then, someone attacks wildly from the shadows. A wild fight ensues with the investigators ultimately prevailing. The good guys have won and beat the doctor. Crimes solved and roll credits.

But, post-credit scene: The investigators get results from some tests on the doctor and realize that he had the same nano-probes. Someone had been controlling him, making him control the other victims.

Very cool! I love it! :hi5:

Nicely set up for the sequel. :clap

Hey Bud!

Best Regards,

Mark Valuch
Kenbenobi :thwak Mark Valuch

:lol :rotfl

So I gave a longer intro to my idea for a villain. I figure I'll spare you all the long version of my entire tale (who knew there was a 5000 character limit to PMs?) that greygoose got and summarize the rest of Vicarioius.

Nicely done!

Cool stuff, I appreciate the effort. :duff

So far mrdbios is the only entry received. I thought afew more of you would get your creative juices flowing and have some interesting ideas...

Nice job on yours mrdbios! And don't worry Grey, I think it just takes a bit more effort, so more entries may come in on the weekend! I'm interested and am trying to think of some things, but will have to set aside some time to make it worthwhile! :lol I only have one entry in my creative pumpkin contest as well so far, which is why I pushed the deadline to Halloween instead.

Quicker contests that you can do on the fly, or overnight get the pages flowing! I'm sure you'll get a handful of entries before all is said and done! :)

Nice job on yours mrdbios! And don't worry Grey, I think it just takes a bit more effort, so more entries may come in on the weekend! I'm interested and am trying to think of some things, but will have to set aside some time to make it worthwhile! :lol I only have one entry in my creative pumpkin contest as well so far, which is why I pushed the deadline to Halloween instead.

Quicker contests that you can do on the fly, or overnight get the pages flowing! I'm sure you'll get a handful of entries before all is said and done! :)

I think I will extend it into next week too. :)

I'll have one for you Goose. Been busy at work.

I also haven't seen any macaroni pics yet for my contest...although it doesn't end until Oct 31.

No rush, you guys, on your entries. If you're busy and can't get an entry in, that's fine. Wouldn't want anybody to get too stressed out. :nana:

anmI8Lf.gif

CONTEST UPDATE!!!

Alright, I am actually changing up my contest.

The contest is: make any artistic form that depict a movie, a scene, a character that scared and scarred you as young kid.

Since Punk and GB are doing artistic contest, feel free to even use the same thing for here.

It could be paint, sketch, or even a doodle on your cell phone! :rock

I actually have a prize, thanks to the generosity of mrdbios! The prize is TWO Fabrikations figures!

The entries are due by 11:59:59 p.m. on 10/31!

Anyone can enter! Contentinetal 48 can win the prize, international Freaks can still win a Funko fig (of your choice from me!)

Can't wait to see what people do! And let's keep rocking this Spook! :rock :rock :duff

Here's a quick 10 minute one I did on my phone using various little things to draw it. (it's layered over a screen grab of the actual scene so I could flesh it out quickly.) I may do another if I have time. But this will be my entry for now. :D

20151023_172250.png

Here's a quick 10 minute one I did on my phone using various little things to draw it. (it's layered over a screen grab of the actual scene so I could flesh it out quickly.) I may do another if I have time. But this will be my entry for now. :D

20151023_172250.png

That's awesome, punk! Great job!

Back