FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great icruise. Where did you get the suspenders?

My only suggestion would be to dirty up their hands a bit, dirt under the nails n such. They look fantastic. Nice work.

I definitely need to dirty up the hands -- great suggestion. The suspenders are "ITPT Viktor Lutze Suspenders" from Toy Anxiety. I got them since they were only $0.99 and I wasn't sure if they would work out, but I think they did. As I mentioned earlier, they're white so I had to make them black first.

itptviktorystrap.jpg

Awesome work on the custom Frodo and Sam IC.

I am anticipating Sideshow's addressing of the easily breakable bodies. I have heard MANY complaints about the brittle bodies of Hot Toys and Medicom. And the splits at the joints. And as soon as I heard that HT was involved in the developemnet of this body, I wondered if this was going to be an issue.

Sideshow may nip this in the bud quickly. But I really wonder if they do change material for the mannequin, if it will drive the price up more. I don't care, I expected the issue at this price point and I will be OK with shelling out a few more bucks a figure to have it corrected.

Edit - I think I will hit them up on the issue at SDCC.

Sideshow does use the strongest plastic out of the three companies. I assumed this would continue with their new bodies as well. I've cut apart a Buck body to figure out all of the engineering. The Buck is just as complex of a body as a Hot Toys Truetype, if not a little more so. The limited articulation has to do with the shape of the parts, but it does not make the body simpler in design.

Sideshow will charge more for the perceived value, but it won't cost them more to produce after the initial cost of hiring artists to make the new body and making new molds. They've enjoyed mass producing the Buck in the tens of thousands over the past decade. If it wasn't for their exclusive license deals (SW, LOTR, INDY), they would be left in the dust by the competition without the Prometheus.

Awesome work on the custom Frodo and Sam IC.

I am anticipating Sideshow's addressing of the easily breakable bodies. I have heard MANY complaints about the brittle bodies of Hot Toys and Medicom. And the splits at the joints. And as soon as I heard that HT was involved in the developemnet of this body, I wondered if this was going to be an issue.

Sideshow may nip this in the bud quickly. But I really wonder if they do change material for the mannequin, if it will drive the price up more. I don't care, I expected the issue at this price point and I will be OK with shelling out a few more bucks a figure to have it corrected.

Edit - I think I will hit them up on the issue at SDCC.

that ring is great. the smaller silver chain and the shininess of the ring help it stand out and catch the eye better. as it should since it's the central theme in the whole story.

Saw this thread and one at OSW and had to buy these guys. I loved the movies, but collect HT Aliens, Predators, and military figures. These were my first sideshow figures as they were just too good to pass up. Oh, and Gandalf is pre-ordered, too.

They look fantastic just in their vests:

DSCF4302.jpg

...but I had to gear 'em up:

DSCF4306.jpg

DSCF4308.jpg

Alright so I couldn´t resist and I just ordered them as my own b-day present (it´s next week! 2nd July!).
So thanks to you all and your awesome pics now I´m poor, you happy now??!! :banghead

But I will be a happy poor with two awesome hobbits :D

Can´t wait to get them! :chew

Back