FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, D76! You'll love the Halflings.

Would have been a nice thing to have but its not something anyone is going to see with the figure so I don't mind it not being there.

I agree. It may have been cool to have as a separate piece but it would have really bulked up the figure even more.

Maybe it will be the exclusive piece for the Mouth of Sauron figure??... ;)

I was just reading one of the customer reviews on the SSC website and someone mentioned that Frodo needs Bilbo's mithril shirt.

While this is a very good observation I'm not sure if it was 100% required - we only really see him 'wearing' it after Aragorn examines him in Moria after the cave troll almost skewers him (like a wild boar!) with its spear. Surely it would just bulk the outfit too much - or they could've given a 'hint' of it being there... a lining just below the collar instead of a full on article of clothing/armour.

Other than that, we see it fully when Bilbo passes it onto him, the orcs handle it a bit in Cirith Ungol and with the Mouth of Sauron in the extended editions. So maybe it could've been an exclusive? Made in a similar way to Boromir's chain sleeves?

I'm not nit-picking or anything (I dont even own these guys yet... so i cant say nuttin!) I just wanted to get others opinions on the matter. I'm gonna luv these little hobbitses when they finally come to me in Tolkiens homeland!

I sort of expected the mithril shirt to be the exclusive, it would've been a good choice, anyway. The extra sword really doesn't add that much to the figure, unless you want him in post-Bree, pre-Rivendell mode. Sting is so nicely done that he really didn't need it, and the mithril shirt would've been nicer to have, since they were both gifts from Bilbo.

After a week of ownership i gotta bump it down a tad to 8.5(my score) cause of the loose joints. Great figures, but real loose joints. None of my other HT figs are like this so i dunno whats up.

I also got a DiD "one ring" for Frodo (the last one Toy Anxiety had, unfortunately). Some people had mentioned the DiD version earlier in the thread and I'd like to confirm that it is better than the Sideshow one, although neither one has the right color chain. The DiD ring is apparently metal and hangs much better than the Sideshow one, and it even appears to have something that looks like runes on it. The chain is also considerably finer, so the ring stands out more.

I think the Evenstar and the brooches are metal too. They also look better.

I was able to score an extra Frodo and Sam with shirts and pants to make some Mt. Doom versions. Should be a lot of fun to repaint and dirty 'em up.

Just got mine today. These figures are amazing! They're little Hot toys figures with SSC style. I have my fingers crossed that we're seeing the next evolution in Sideshow's figure collection.

Last edited:
I ordered a set of each of the exclusive AND regular versions. It appears that SSC came up with extra exclusives and changed my regular order to exclusives. I called them up and informed them that I already had exclusives ordered, but would be happy to get a second set as I will have to get a second set from eBay anyway, and they said that they would leave the second set as exclusives. I had to put the account on hold while I was away and when they released the account, they changed the second set back to regulars. Did anybody get 2 sets of exclusives by virtue of having a second set, that was regular, upgraded?

They're little Hot toys figures with SSC style. I have my fingers crossed that we're seeing the next evolution in Sideshow's figure collection.

Agreed, if Prometheus, Armor body and future Hobbit body figures have the few small issues worked out, SSC's going to be offering some amazing stuff. just need to fix:

1) Loose wrist-forearm connections
2) Open body seams
3) Strange markings on portraits resulting in odd white "smears" under certain lighting conditions

ICanCarryYou.JPG

Back