FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was away all day today and was surprised these two didn't sell out yet. 1500 isn't that huge, but I guess the price tag is putting some people off. But heck, the new body ain't cheap, plus they come with a butt-load of stuff, including one of the coolest accessories yet - sasuage links :lol Bacon would have been better though.

Glad to see they are coming with BOTH cloaks as standard. That is how the rest should have been. Hopefully we get an accessory pack with Aragorn's Loth cloak and Boromir's regular cloak. It would be nice to have the Fellowship as they were crossing the hill from the first trailer.

All right I've had a busy day and could only briefly log on to preorder the two hobbits during a quick break at work. I'll go through this thread in a minute but I must say that Frodo and Sam are two of the *best* 1/6 scale collectibles I've ever seen. And Frodo comes with Lothlorien cloak and Galadriel's vial, fantastic! I can pose him as ROTK Frodo, awesome! Same with Sam! I'm very, *very* happy with these two figures. So many little details. I'm very much looking forward to building a LOTR 1:6 collection now.

:frodo :gandalf :gimli :legolas :galadriel :gandalf_w :gollum: :nazgul :ring :rock

So after reading on Sideshows own website it looks like the conversation is the same with the price. The only difference is the scale. No one here unless I missed it complained about the scale. Some are saying they are to big. What do you guys think?

So after reading on Sideshows own website it looks like the conversation is the same with the price. The only difference is the scale. No one here unless I missed it complained about the scale. Some are saying they are to big. What do you guys think?

The scale has been discussed in other threads.

My take: They are alittle too big, but it don't bother me that much. Really my biggest concern is how it will all look (scalewise) when we get to Gimli.

The scale has been discussed in other threads.

My take: They are alittle too big, but it don't bother me that much. Really my biggest concern is how it will all look (scalewise) when we get to Gimli.

Cool I must have missed that. After all the complaining I still can't wait to get these little guys.

By the way, if it bothers you I'll try to post a little less. I wouldn't want to make any trouble here. Sorry!

Merciful willikers!!

wenham14.jpg

These are a little too tall for the hobbits. However, at the SDCC panel Heath mentioned that one aspect of the new bodies is that they are modular, so the heights can be adjusted. Now, I'm not sure whether or not Sam and Frodo are on the standard (or smallest) 9" body and can be made shorter or not... but it was nice to hear that different heights/scales are possible with the new short body.

BTW, my earlier remark regarding the Medi Wicket and Yoda was not a swipe at those figures. In fact, I own the Yoda (which is great) and broke down and ordered Wicket at SDCC. I just find it funny that people don't bat an eyelash to order those at $60-70 each when the Sam and Frodo figures are much more articulated and come with tons more accessories at around the same price. Sure, I'd rather pay $40-50 a piece for them, but relatively speaking these new figures are priced just right in the market. Besides, if you can live without the Exclusives you'll surely be able to snag them from retailers for under $60.

These are a little too tall for the hobbits. However, at the SDCC panel Heath mentioned that one aspect of the new bodies is that they are modular, so the heights can be adjusted. Now, I'm not sure whether or not Sam and Frodo are on the standard (or smallest) 9" body and can be made shorter or not... but it was nice to hear that different heights/scales are possible with the new short body.

BTW, my earlier remark regarding the Medi Wicket and Yoda was not a swipe at those figures. In fact, I own the Yoda (which is great) and broke down and ordered Wicket at SDCC. I just find it funny that people don't bat an eyelash to order those at $60-70 each when the Sam and Frodo figures are much more articulated and comes with tons more accessories at around the same price. Sure, I'd rather pay $40-50 a piece for them, but relatively speaking these new figures are priced just right.

It is probably because they are used to paying those prices for Medicom. Plus everyone knows Medicom figures are far superior to anything out there. God himself could not create a better 12", I mean 11" figure.

It is probably because they are used to paying those prices for Medicom. Plus everyone knows Medicom figures are far superior to anything out there. God himself could not create a better 12", I mean 11" figure.

merciful willikers! This means war!!
wenham09fu3.jpg

BTW, my earlier remark regarding the Medi Wicket and Yoda was not a swipe at those figures. In fact, I own the Yoda (which is great) and broke down and ordered Wicket at SDCC. I just find it funny that people don't bat an eyelash to order those at $60-70 each when the Sam and Frodo figures are much more articulated and come with tons more accessories at around the same price. Sure, I'd rather pay $40-50 a piece for them, but relatively speaking these new figures are priced just right in the market. Besides, if you can live without the Exclusives you'll surely be able to snag them from retailers for under $60.

Irish I understand what you are saying when comparing Medi's. But why are the 12' figs like Aragorn and Farimir not $100 surely it costs much more to make them than hobbits. I see the argument both ways I guess and don't think either side is right. I am buying them....I don't like paying what they want for them but I will. Will I voice my concern? Yes. I guess this argument among many others will be put to bed. Until Frodo takes a big gulp of Sam's.........exclusive bread. :rolleyes:

I don't think a figure like Faramir cost more to develop and produce than the Sam figure. Especially after seeing all of the detail and accessories on Sam at SDCC. Seriously, the moment I saw his backpack with all of the pots and pans and such I instantly thought ("this will be at least $60")... and that was before I even factored in how much more advanced the new body is. I'm pretty sure the new 9" SSC/HT body costs more to produce than the standard 12" Buck does.

Back