FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think a figure like Faramir cost more to develop and produce than the Sam figure. Especially after seeing all of the detail and accessories on Sam at SDCC. Seriously, the moment I saw his backpack with all of the pots and pans and such I instantly thought ("this will be at least $60")... and that was before I even factored in how much more advanced the new body is. I'm pretty sure the new 9" SSC/HT body costs more to produce than the standard 12" Buck does.

Hmmm. That raises a good point. Are you saying that they have not put as much time and effort on the larger figures? Because if they have surely they would have cost more. Right? I am sure the body is no more advanced than what they have now. All they would have done is shrunk the molds right?

Laptops are smaller than desktops... they should cost half as much.

I'm never going to get tired of those Faramir in drag pictures. :rotfl
poor Captain Faramir having to see his beloved icon defiled.

Hmmm. That raises a good point. Are you saying that they have not put as much time and effort on the larger figures? Because if they have surely they would have cost more. Right? I am sure the body is no more advanced than what they have now. All they would have done is shrunk the molds right?

I am pretty sure the Hobbits are on an all new body not just a smaller buck.

This is the first time i even knew he did something in drag. I just cant help myself to have a little laugh. :lol

Get over yourself. We are talking about plastic not technology.

Really? What am I missing. Are they articulated differently?

It's a brand new body. SS worked with HT to design a complete new body for the the Hobbits. It also allows them do some stuff with other figures from like SW or Indy.

Well if they are co-engineered no wonder they cost more. I still can't wait for them. They will rule! :chew

Get over yourself. We are talking about plastic not technology.

Just poking a little fun and making the point that smaller isn't always cheaper, often it's the other way around. Besides the sideshow vip isewdollyclothes discussed the technical difficulties in tailoring clothes for smaller figures in one of these threads. Perhaps that was part of the compromise in making the Hobbits slightly larger - any smaller and it would be too difficult/not cost effective to produce clothes that looked believable.

I instantly thought ("this will be at least $60")...

Well, now we at least know who to blame! Your thought of willingness to pay over $60 was picked-up by the SSC price-gouge-o-meter and set this ridiclulous and completely unfounded price that SSC is asking!

Thanks a lot Irish :lol

I was shocked like alot of you on the price. I was thinking these would be $70-$80 for the two. Anyways, then you think of what your choices are: You could save the $140 and not buy the figures, invest the money, spend it on a dinner and movie ... whatever. But consider how you will long for a Ringbearer and his Gardener and how empty your life and collection would be without them. You certainly cannot make it yourself for less.

Complaining will not change Sideshow's price. However, I can see the non-exclusive version taking a long time before they are sold out.

Well, now we at least know who to blame! Your thought of willingness to pay over $60 was picked-up by the SSC price-gouge-o-meter and set this ridiclulous and completely unfounded price that SSC is asking!

Thanks a lot Irish :lol

Is the Sideshow price-gouge-o-meter made by the same fine folks who make the dekdave childhood rape-o-meter?

Back