FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LQ Alert bar is finally up for both... I think the price point was set too high for an 8 " figure, it may be more of a psychological barrier to some, don't really know but these sold fairly slow for a "must have" 1500 ES LOTR Ex Fig.

Really? How do you know this? It's much easier to prove or justify the costs going up based on what others say. Unlike with what you're saying where you have no proof they would have just gone up.
Josh, I don't know this. I have no proof of this! Sometimes, I just do like you do all the time: I guess! :D

IMO, these are more collectibles than toys anyway.

Affordable toys are what you find at mass-market retailers like Toys R Us, Target and Wal-Mart. That's not what companies like Sideshow, Hot Toys and Medicom are all about.

For instance, next Summer people will have the option to get an okay Indiana Jones 12" at their local Wal-Mart for $20-25 from Hasbro... or they can go for the more realistic, detailed and limited collectible one from Sideshow for about $60-70. These are not the same types of products, which is why both Hasbro and Sideshow have a 12" INDY license. LOTR and SW are no different.
I don't expect compaines to keep prices low so that everyone can afford it. I expect them to keep prices "fair" for what their R&D costs them. Again, if you only collect 1/6 and $70 a figure prices you out then you probably need to rethink collecting to begin with.
But I would never want to see SSC cutting out details in order to make a cheaper product. We've seen what ToyBiz and DiD can deliver and they weren't adequate.

Great thoughtful posts fellows. :rock I concur.

If the hobbits were $5 more maybe we could've gotten the mithril shirt and elven rope. :monkey1 :eek:

So are you getting the free Pred bust too?

I elected the free toaster and golden trimmed toilet to go with mine. :lol:lol:lol

Incedently just for clarification I did not buy this 17000.00 hunk of metal. Nor do I have any intention on doing so. LOL! :D

I elected the free toaster and golden trimmed toilet to go with mine. :lol:lol:lol

Incedently just for clarification I did not buy this 17000.00 hunk of metal. Nor do I have any intention on doing so. LOL! :D

You mean you were joking.:confused::confused::confused:

Yeah, I keep finding the pot of gold but it just keeps getting snatched away from me like Charlie Brown and the football. :lol

I am still paying off my estate Josh. When I get the mansion and the Ferrari paid off I will pursue gold plating on all of my home furnishings. :lol

Well, we'll keep the seat warm 4 ya then. :lol

I am paying for my ex-wife's golden toilet. Does that count??

Sure that counts. It's just not as cool as actually getting to use it like the rest of us elitist do. :rotfl

Back