FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any Project Management experience? My company is in hiring-mode for more PMs and I could put in a good word. I just got a promotion, actually and might even be your boss. :lol

We're also desperate for IAs (Information Architects).

It's at an Interactive Marketing & Online Video Production Agency in Atlanta if that helps.

Oh man, what happened to Frodo :monkey2 I hope the QTVR is doing the paint major injustice, but right now doesn't look much at all like Elijah anymore.

i like em both as well. especially sam who looks perfect. frodo has always seemed a little off to me. he'll probably look great in hand though. at least the paint apps look good. thank god.

Oh man, what happened to Frodo :monkey2 I hope the QTVR is doing the paint major injustice, but right now doesn't look much at all like Elijah anymore.

Damn you're right. The likeness is gone compared to what it was,this was one of my fears. DAMNIT!!

It still looks decent though but damn!(i will most likely cancel the exclusive now and get it cheaper)

Thankfully, both look great in tailoring and paint apps are very clean and nice, Sam looks as great as the proto, but, and I hope it's just lighting, something about the paint of Frodo has taken the likeness out of it.

frodo.jpg

I am really glad the clothes survived production. So far the costuming has been the strongest thing about the 1:6 LOTR line and so far thats not changing. :rock

I am really glad the clothes survived production. So far the costuming has been the strongest thing about the 1:6 LOTR line and so far thats not changing. :rock

Not only survived, I'd say bettered, Frodo's open coat flaps look loosely stitched in the proto where the production looks to have a different material and a nice clean seam. I'm sure that clothing and new body were the major hold ups on these two. I was just thinking, imagine how freaking small the One Ring and necklace are going to be :google Going to have to be extra careful to not lose that one.

I'm really down that proto head was really good looking. I should have expected this more with SS's track record with proto to finals but i guess i got my hopes too high. Sam looks good but frodo lost a lot,but he still looks decent enough to buy for sure. I guess we'll have to wait for better pics. At least we know they're finally coming soon.

It would seem Elijah/Frodo is a tough one to paint, even the PF has been commented to need a repaint on the face. That's the trouble with a figure and why when one turns out great, not all of the praise on the head can go to the sculptor because it takes the right paint job to complete that sculpt. I know Tim's sculpting work very well, have several of his SSC pieces and he really nails likenesses, and the proto images clearly show Elijah is there. Worst case, maybe I'll have Les save him.

They look a little hunchbacked.

Gotta compare pics now....

OK, compared the QVC's...

Samwise looks to be improved overall.

FRODO looks worse overall. I don't think the material used for the coat is as good -- the original had a tweed texture that looked nice. The new coat looks smooth. Paint obviously had hidden the sculpt.

However, looks like the pants on both hang lower, which helps the skinny leg issue.

I can only hope Frodo is better in hand.

Last edited:
Sam looks very good overall. Don't have issues with him. Frodo his outfit looks very nice but his paint not so much. Need more pics to decide but right now not good.

After seeing the updated pics and the turn around, I finally canceled these two. I was on the fence initially since I never cared for the Hobbit portion of the LOTR. I will hold out for Gimli to go with my Aragorn and Legolas.

You never cared for the "hobbit portion" of LOTR? :lol

Thats lke saying you never cared for the Jedi part of Star Wars or the Batman part of Batman.

Back