FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to see how the elven cloaks came out. I hope they are the same as the erest color and material-wise.

I'm sure they will be, I don't see why not, the other cloaks are pretty thin in scale for the larger figures so I think it'll be fine for the Hobbits.

At least we can hope to see Merry, Pippin and Gimli next year if they annouce them this year! :) SS is certainly moving at Ent speed for the LOTR 1:6 line.

My faith in this line is starting to give a bit. Really considering selling off the lot and just waiting for PFs, they come faster than new 1/6 it seems....

My faith in this line is starting to give a bit. Really considering selling off the lot and just waiting for PFs, they come faster than new 1/6 it seems....

No, don't do it! The characters we have so far are great, and the quality is excellent! Give it until SDCC at least; that will give them a chance to prove where this line is going and whether you want to stick with it or no.

No, don't do it! The characters we have so far are great, and the quality is excellent! Give it until SDCC at least; that will give them a chance to prove where this line is going and whether you want to stick with it or no.

I think Mike's concern is not where but when. SDCC doesn't hold much promise because it'll take until next SDCC practically to get whatever they premier most likely.

SS's pace with the LOTR 1:6 figure line has been very disappointing. But there are probably a lot of factors that result in the long delay. I suspect the main problem is the new small-scale body for the Hobbits. With Fordo and Sam due to ship next month, I guess whatever design and production issues for the body are resolved.

With these problems out of the way, we may get to see Gimli, Merry and Pippin as early as the fourth quarter this year or around the first quarter next year. Of course, SS may spring a surprise with a 1:6 scale Troll or Orc!

I hate saying it, but with the pace of other properties I like and the increase of properties I like having products made, I may bail out on LOTR after GTG myself. Unfortunately, I'm really thinking with a budgetary mind these days, particularly with anything ouside of my primary collecting property which is Star Wars. Odds of selling the LOTR figures for even retail price down the road aren't promising, so I have to think of it like, if I order _____ figure and I'm not super keen on having it, do I then lead myself to have to pass on something I really want down the road. In terms of sticking with some lines, I'd love if less properties I cared about were being produced, but right now I've got Aliens, Predator, Star Wars, LOTR, Terminator, Rambo, Rocky, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jurassic Park, most of which are going pretty strong and I'm trying to find a balance and after GTG, I'll feel like my LOTR collection is complete enough. I'll still order LOTR figures and see what happens for now, but I have a feeling I'll be pulling the trigger on cancelling or passing more down the road. If the figures came faster, I'd probably think this through a lot less and just buy buy buy, but with them taking so long and so much else coming up in between releases, my mind has room to think. Of course if I land a new job that pays better it's a whole new ball game haha.

There are several lines I would cut before LOTR. Its my all time fave but the pace is really slow. I know the costumes are very hard and I don't doubt NL isn't easy to deal with but this line may not go far.

Back