FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. I have already cut several other lines, but LOTR is constant and there is no way I am giving up on it.

I don't doubt NL isn't easy to deal with but this line may not go far.

I'd be shocked if NL was as or even close to as medlesome (don't know how to spell it) as LFL is, and we all know proven fact the type of BS LFL gives.

I'd be curious to know to what extent NL gets involved in things, we really only ever hear about LFL.

I might cut LOTR as well not sure if i can bring myself to do it. Think i might just use SS for my SW needs. Again not sure, but i dunno if i can bring myself to drop the hobbits. Medi and HT have priority when it comes to my 1/6 collecting and they both have stuff coming that i want before LOTR.

I'm at a crossroads.

Anyone who bails on this line will strongly regret it, I am sure.

The 1:6 line is quite possible the only line where we will see the Fellowship in full.

I cancelled Frodo and Sam, but I don't think I'm bailing on the whole line.

With the way retail prices are going up these days, I'm just changing the way I collect. Rarely am I going to pay retail anymore.

I also cancelled the Palpatine 2 pack. When Frodo and Sam come out I think will be the perfect time to buy someone's Palpy set.

When Indy comes out will be the perfect time to buy Frodo and Sam, etc, etc.

Its actually a relief to buy these on my own time schedule now.

Anyone who bails on this line will strongly regret it, I am sure.

I honestly won't if I have to. Frodo, Gandalf the Grey and Aragorn are the only 3 characters I had a strong desire to see in figural form and own. I love the ones I have, I have them all, but if I didn't I don't see myself having any regret. At this point, a Two Towers Aragorn, ROTK Aragorn, Saruman, Lurtz and Arwen are the only ones I'd really like to see. If it works to get Merry, Pippen and Gimli, providing they're made, I'll get them for sure but if circumstances put them in line for a passing, I'll do what I must.

I just ordered Frodo and Sam as 2nd chance off the SSC site.
They're for my twin brother who has Boromir & Faramir the sons of Denethor.
I hope he likes them both.
He's planning on finding Legolas and Aragorn when we vacation in NH and ME in June.
:legolas:gandalf:gandalf_w:frodo:aragorn
:chew

Last edited:
ill take anything they throw at me, but to have the complete fellowship in a collectibles line at last will be beyond awesome. this will be the line by the way. its only a matter of time.

I plan on sticking with the series... they aren't a #1 priority, however the figures are great and I really like having some LOTR items displayed.

We want Gimli ! That would be the most awesome 12" yet imo.
Even better would be a Gimli PF.

But with Gimli we would have an almost complete fellowship, those two other hobbits aren't that important as Gimli for me

See, for me Merry and Pippen are as important as Legolas and Gimli--and in Tolkien's eyes, even more so than they. However, I seriously doubt that they wouldn't add at least a few non-fellowship characters to the line--why would they only make Faramir and nobody else, besides just to please me?

:monkey3

I guess I'll never understand the whole "only the Fellowship" mentality. I mean, it kind of makes sense, but in the books there are character which are actually more important to the story. In Tolkien's mind, Theoden, Galadriel, Elrond, Faramir, Saruman, and many others are as important to the story as they are--some more so. I do admit, there is nothing as desirable as seeing them all together in one display, but my collection could not ever be complete without the addition of Elrond, Galadriel, Saruman, Arwen, Eowyn, and Theoden--at least! Let alone Eomer, Haldir, Denethor, Ringwraiths, Gollum, and the armies of Orcs, Elves, Men, etc, etc, etc . . .

How we ever got Faramir so early I'll never know. It could only have been a miracle!

I guess I'll never understand the whole "only the Fellowship" mentality. I mean, it kind of makes sense, but in the books there are character which are actually more important to the story. In Tolkien's mind, Theoden, Galadriel, Elrond, Faramir, Saruman, and many others are as important to the story as they are--some more so. I do admit, there is nothing as desirable as seeing them all together in one display, but my collection could not ever be complete without the addition of Elrond, Galadriel, Saruman, Arwen, Eowyn, and Theoden--at least! Let alone Eomer, Haldir, Denethor, Ringwraiths, Gollum, and the armies of Orcs, Elves, Men, etc, etc, etc . . .

How we ever got Faramir so early I'll never know. It could only have been a miracle!
i hear that. a LOTR collection without king theoden? it's criminal.

I'm watching the Two Towers now I think a King Theoden 2 pack would be great. 1 figure would be the older/possesed Theoden and the 2nd would be the normal version. They did it for Palpatine.
:chew

Back