FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So can we find out who sculpted these beauties? I want to thank you for putting in the time and effort to give us the most wonderful likenesses of either Frodo or Sam EVER. Thank you, whomever you are!

Ya know Cap. I wish you had been around during the SSW days. Your love for LOTR is awesome and you would have been even more awesome to have around then as we enjoyed that ride.

Will the final product look like this?I dunno but one can hope

IMG_8509.JPG

Ya know Cap. I wish you had been around during the SSW days. Your love for LOTR is awesome and you would have been even more awesome to have around then as we enjoyed that ride.

Thanks! That's real nice of you to say. I just love the series, not only the excitement of the adventure, but the profundity of Tolkien's imagination and the beauty of his storytelling. I wish I was there to see the SSW days, as they really are the foundation of a LOTR collection it seems. Of course, I would never have had the money for that venture--even now, I have yet to even see a real SSW statue, besides the DVD trinkets. At least the 1:6 figures come at a pace I can handle (though if they speed up now I won't mind :cool:). Maybe someday I'll win one of these contests and will finally get a taste of the SSW days!

I wasn't sure about the Sam sculpt earlier but after seeing those other pics I think he looks really great. And Frodo, WOW, he looks awesome. The clothes on both of them are some of the best I've seen.

Pleeeeeaaaaase let the production pieces look as good as these protos!

Just saw these little guys and they're far better than I'd expected just from the pic. Fan freakin' tastic!

Price $70. But as was said - look at all the stuff they come with! Half the size but twice the crap! (as Mat said).

I really think the reaction to these figures will not only bring fans back to the line, but will also re-invigorate SSC to keeping it going.

Just saw these little guys and they're far better than I'd expected just from the pic. Fan freakin' tastic!

Price $70. But as was said - look at all the stuff they come with! Half the size but twice the crap! (as Mat said).

I really think the reaction to these figures will not only bring fans back to the line, but will also re-invigorate SSC to keeping it going.

I couldn't possibly agree more. 70 bucks a pop is actually cheaper than I expected. I mean, look at them--Sam comes with a freakin' lunchbox! We can't even see what's all packed up in their bags--once we know I'm sure we'll be way happy. These little dudes are gonna break in the line, that's for sure. Just awesome.

If they look as good as the ones at the Con I'd be happy to pay $70 for each of them.

Have the exclusive items for them been found out yet?

Thanks! That's real nice of you to say. I just love the series, not only the excitement of the adventure, but the profundity of Tolkien's imagination and the beauty of his storytelling. I wish I was there to see the SSW days, as they really are the foundation of a LOTR collection it seems. Of course, I would never have had the money for that venture--even now, I have yet to even see a real SSW statue, besides the DVD trinkets. At least the 1:6 figures come at a pace I can handle (though if they speed up now I won't mind :cool:). Maybe someday I'll win one of these contests and will finally get a taste of the SSW days!

Your a good guy Cap!!

Dave sounds awesome!! Can't wait 2 see these and buy them.

Now that's great news.

It's both good and bad news. It will (at least temporarily) reinvigorate the line, as I am sure these two will sell out fairly quickly (sucks to be me on the 6th :monkey2), but the $70 price point will now become the baseline. Shortly, it will be $75, and that will price me out of buying most of the new figures. Even at the $70 point, I would have to think really hard about buying any character outside the Fellowship.

They look real good...it'll be great to have some variety in the 1:6 part of this collection.

The price doesn't surprise me...as Dave mentioned Tim's comment about "half the figure, twice the crap" (I love that)...

Any word on pre-order dates for these guys?

Wow those hobbits lok great. I love the detail on the feet, very important for those hobbits.

Back