FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think Mr. Tim Miller deserves a huge bonus and a four-week paid vacation for these little dudes. Just amazing!

I really, REALLY wanna know what they each come with. At first I thought Sam would come with one or two token pans or something, but he's even got tiny 1:6 scale sausages! What the flip?!?!? What else does he have? Apples? Cookies? Exclusive Lembas bread and an Elven cloak? Knives? Forks? Pipes? An alarm clock? A BMW? I mean seriously, who knows how much junk he's got in there. I want it all
!

Well I think Mr. Tim Miller deserves a huge bonus and a four-week paid vacation for these little dudes. Just amazing!

I really, REALLY wanna know what they each come with. At first I thought Sam would come with one or two token pans or something, but he's even got tiny 1:6 scale sausages! What the flip?!?!? What else does he have? Apples? Cookies? Exclusive Lembas bread and an Elven cloak? Knives? Forks? Pipes? An alarm clock? A BMW? I mean seriously, who knows how much junk he's got in there. I want it all
!

Some special Shire Salt?

Long bottom leaf and lembas bread!
You know I don't usually take to foreign food but this elvish stuff isn't bad.

Thanks! That's real nice of you to say. I just love the series, not only the excitement of the adventure, but the profundity of Tolkien's imagination and the beauty of his storytelling. I wish I was there to see the SSW days, as they really are the foundation of a LOTR collection it seems. Of course, I would never have had the money for that venture--even now, I have yet to even see a real SSW statue, besides the DVD trinkets. At least the 1:6 figures come at a pace I can handle (though if they speed up now I won't mind :cool:). Maybe someday I'll win one of these contests and will finally get a taste of the SSW days!

Captain, you disappoint. Never seen a SSW sculpt live? What?!

There are several SSW items which you can get dirt cheap on eBay, but to me there's no excuse for not getting Shelob! You can prob get it for less than $100 shipped! With a suggested retail of $175! Other low-priced ones: Grima statue and bust (actually so many busts can be had for $30, down from $60 retail), Haradhrim statue, Galadriel, Legolas statue (face uggh) and many more.

For shame....

Beren

Captain, you disappoint. Never seen a SSW sculpt live? What?!

There are several SSW items which you can get dirt cheap on eBay, but to me there's no excuse for not getting Shelob! You can prob get it for less than $100 shipped! With a suggested retail of $175! Other low-priced ones: Grima statue and bust (actually so many busts can be had for $30, down from $60 retail), Haradhrim statue, Galadriel, Legolas statue (face uggh) and many more.

For shame....

Beren

Sorry! But remember, even paying 20-30 bucks is a lot for me, so you'll have to forgive me if I refrain during this time of my life. Maybe once I've started my career and all in a few years, but during college it's slim pickings--besides, my heart is in the 1:6 line for now. As for statues, I'd want to start with something I really want and that looks great, and Shelob and that Legolas aren't high on the list. All the cool ones are too expensive. Still, I hope to see them in person one day. Oh well!

Someday maybe I'll win one and I'll start getting into the line. Until then I'll just scrimp and save to get my beloved 1:6 figures. They're so beautiful!

Wow, these look even better than I had hoped.

And not sure if anyone mentioned it yet... but those new feet have dandy ball joints at the ankle. that will add a lot of articulation options that the current Buck lacks.

$70 is a little unfortunate, I can understand the price but I was still hoping for between $50 and $60. But these are still a no-brainer purchase regardless.

And not sure if anyone mentioned it yet... but those new feet have dandy ball joints at the ankle. that will add a lot of articulation options that the current Buck lacks.

Especially that they don't have any clunky rubber boots to restrict movement. Bring on Merry, Pippin and Bilbo.

I looking forward to Gimli the most... yes, over Gandalf.

I can imagine how Gandalf will look, there's been so many versions of him, but GIMLI will be interesting to see how they pull him off. Plus, he'll look awesome on the shelf.

I'm curious, has Sideshow made junior sized display stands for these figures or are they on the normal sized ones they currently use?

Frodo and Sam looks awesome. Hope this time around SS can ensure a better QC over their paint job :D

When will Gandalf come? Gandalf the white will look better in 1/6 format to me :)

Back