Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Tarantino was ever not going for pulpy. The dude does low-brow with style and he's quite open about it, that's his appeal.
I can’t take anyone seriously when they say Tarantino is “garbage”. You either have a short attention span or just wanting to have a different opinion.

I love *most* of his movies, the character pieces he’s done are some of the best films ever made.

The Kill Bill volumes I don’t include in that.

It's crazy how young Christopher Walken looks in that scene now.

Saw an interview with Tarantino recently where he said that he thinks that scene is his best written and best acted scene out of all his work :oops:

I love it, but that opening scene in Inglorious Bastards is mind blowing. 23 minutes of sheer tension.

I have. Check out the absolute massive sandworm rig they made for Dune Pt. 2, amazing stuff - filmmaking at its peak breaking new ground. The labor and planning to do something like that practical is insane. It blows away any set-piece Furiosa even attempts.
Yeah I saw that Villaneue is a master artist. Been a huge fan of his for a long time.

BR2049 is a cinematic masterpiece.

I don't think Tarantino was ever not going for pulpy. The dude does low-brow with style and he's quite open about it, that's his appeal.
Yeah , that makes sense. It's why the only two films I really like of his are Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction (which is oddly one of his least pulpy films)

I can’t take anyone seriously when they say Tarantino is “garbage”. You either have a short attention span or just wanting to have a different opinion.

I love *most* of his movies, the character pieces he’s done are some of the best films ever made.

The Kill Bill volumes I don’t include in that.
He's a good scene writer , but has successfully destroyed just about every film he has made going for the "shock" tarentino ending.....Inglorious Bastards may be one o the best films made until the last 20 minutes....is a goddamn horror show what he does to the films he makes. And it mocks everything that came before it.

Making an over the top ending on such a serious film is like a slap in the face to me.

To each his own .....but imagine Resevuoir Dogs where some rando homeless person comes in with a flame thrower and toasts the entire cast before the Mexican showdown....

Had he made that film 25 years later that probably what we would have seen.

He bought into his own hype, and his films are chararatures of what He thinks people expect from him.

Same and M Night ..

It may shock you to learn people have various opinions that may differ from your own.

Back