Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was smart enough to invade gas town :) and he is also smart enough not to kill Furiosa directly because he knows that she knows the location of the green lands.

He is also brave and strong to dare to confront Immortan Joe face to face. He's like the cult leader and his men are quite stupid.

But he's not as smart as the Joker or immortan Joe, and I think he's less ruthless or sociopathic, after killing Praetorian Jack, and tying Furiosa up by one arm, when he sits on the hood of the monster trunck, he looks worn out, and he's starting to get tired of all that.

I think his family was really killed and he knows he has become trash himself.
He is mentally declining, but that's my opinion.It makes him a nuanced character that's more interesting than a pure villain.

View attachment 722381
Yeah', Miller himself says that D is damaged himself and maybe channeling things he was told in his young life during his speeches. Things that he knows mad him unhappy, but it's all he knows.

I really think that what we see in a lot of these scenes is the result of his cannibalism. Cannibals are extremely susceptible to disease transmission from eating human flesh. I think this is making him go physically mad as well, along with the trauma madness. There are a few scenes that suggest he maybe physically unwell from his own half life and human diet.

Helmsworth chose to wear two different contact lenses , one with a wide pupil and one that's constricted. In medical terms , having different policies is a sign of brain damage or stroke.

Dementus' cape is symbolic of his changing... from white, to blood red.. to finally infected with black.
His final form was grey....

Furiosa took the black. Which is why a character calls her the dark angel.

Also why D is so happy to see her over the edge. He wanted her to be as "demented" by her experiences as he was. It's a symbolic attempt at creating her as his own child, which she rejects vehemently.

By using his remains to bring forth fruit , she is rejecting the idea of a dying wasteland without hope, in favor of using the remnants of a burned out world to bring forth a new one.

Finally got a chance to see this, and I'm sorry I missed it at the theatre.
Obviously, it's not as insanely good as Fury Road, but I found it to be a great movie. Yeah, there was some dodgy CGI, and it did seem like Miller was trying to be more obvious and direct with what he wanted to "say" with the movie (especially in Dementus' final speech), but none of that bothered me. It was a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

Finally got a chance to see this, and I'm sorry I missed it at the theatre.
Obviously, it's not as insanely good as Fury Road, but I found it to be a great movie. Yeah, there was some dodgy CGI, and it did seem like Miller was trying to be more obvious and direct with what he wanted to "say" with the movie (especially in Dementus' final speech), but none of that bothered me. It was a thoroughly enjoyable movie.
what was he trying to say

I certainly didn't get a singular, clear message. I think Miller has a nuanced view of things in this film.

If there was a message to Dementus's final rant (which I only heard the one time, so I don't remember every detail), my takeaway is that there is a lot of trauma to go around. You can be nihilistic about it, and what you say can make sense, but what goes around comes around and it can all become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In terms of Furiosa, there is also a trauma and survival angle to her whole arc of course. But going back all the way to the first film, and certainly from Road Warrior onward, it seems that self interest without intentionally harming innocents is the best you can hope to find in this world. And people who do that are the closest thing you will have to heroes. If folks don't take care of themselves first then they are DOA. If you push it too far and justify exploitation and predatory behavior then you are the villain. But there's a gray middle ground. Max was typically only helping others because he was helping himself, but in the process there were glimmers of altruism.

Revenge is always justifiable, though.

I certainly didn't get a singular, clear message. I think Miller has a nuanced view of things in this film.

If there was a message to Dementus's final rant (which I only heard the one time, so I don't remember every detail), my takeaway is that there is a lot of trauma to go around. You can be nihilistic about it, and what you say can make sense, but what goes around comes around and it can all become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

In terms of Furiosa, there is also a trauma and survival angle to her whole arc of course. But going back all the way to the first film, and certainly from Road Warrior onward, it seems that self interest without intentionally harming innocents is the best you can hope to find in this world. And people who do that are the closest thing you will have to heroes. If folks don't take care of themselves first then they are DOA. If you push it too far and justify exploitation and predatory behavior then you are the villain. But there's a gray middle ground. Max was typically only helping others because he was helping himself, but in the process there were glimmers of altruism.

Revenge is always justifiable, though.
Yup, that was pretty much my take as well, but it wasn't what Miller wanted to say, but rather that he chose to have a character state it directly in the movie which I found a bit surprising. It didn't bother me or anything, I just found it unusual.

5t2d4yp44g3d1.jpeg

My own chronology below. I may not have left enough room between RW and BT?

ATC = after The Collapse

25ATC Max Rockatansky born
35ATC Furiosa born
45ATC Furiosa leaves the Green Place
50ATC Events of Mad Max
53ATC Nuclear war
55ATC Events of The Road Warrior
58ATC Events of Beyond Thunderdome
60ATC Furiosa returns to the Citadel, becomes Imperator
?ATC Events of The Wasteland
63ATC Events of Fury Road

Back