Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching the entire comparison video, there is absolutely nothing about to complain. This car is absolutely fantastic!
I had the HT V1 during 10 years and I loved it. It’s a cool piece with a lot of presence. But the Jazzinc destroyes it in a second on every aspect. It looks like it’s worth 5 times the price of the HT.
Even the old 2K $ Toynami is pulverized.
People don’t realize that if HT, Inart, Queen Studio or whatever would have produced that level of quality, they would have charged 3 or 4 K…
Yeah the Jazzinc Batmobile is expensive but it’s a steal for what’ll get IMO.

Yeah, it's gotten to the point of beating a dead horse about the indentations now. Not everyone will be satisfied even with a small amount of lines, and that's understandable. It also seems like JazzInc did as much as they could to alleviate the molding indentations during production. To quote what Joost posted before:

Thank you so much, I really urge everyone to just look at Mr. mom‘s video. You will see what it looks like in person, he filmed it in bright sunny, daylight, indoors, and dark lighting conditions, and I think it looks absolutely fine. We have done everything to minimize this, but even after you fill it, the filler will shrink slightly after sanding which, combined with a semi gloss black paint will never Look 100% flat. Not even after a dozen layers. We have been working on producing, sanding and painting these parts for over six months now. So much time has gone into it in the last production stages, that we are currently having trouble breaking even on this project so there’s not much more we can invest or do. Again, just look at the video of Mr. mom to see what you will be getting and I still stand behind this product 100%

I mean - you've all made your voices heard about this, and Joost read your replies and responded. If the discussions continue to get redundant, I'll have to start removing posts because no one wants to read the same complaints over and over again.

We speak about 0,1 mm molding denting but no one cares about that on the HT…
IMG_5783.jpeg

I'm not really here to change anyone's opinion about whether the final product is acceptable or not (personally, I'd still trade my HT for it), but I do think there are a lot of questionable comments floating around about how "easy" it would be to fix. Crazily, people expect to be paid for their time and materials. This means making alterations costs money--especially seeing as these pieces are already in late production. Equally crazy is that running a business costs money. When a project runs over budget, it threatens the health of other projects in the pipeline and the business itself.

Like I said, I'm not here to change anyone's mind. It's an expensive piece and people want what they want for that price. But I think implying that fixing the issue is some trivial task, something not done due to laziness or something, is probably misguided.

I would never buy the HT ‘89 Batmobile, so its flaws are of no concern to me. The flaws present here, the product I have invested money into, are.

I get that all of the comments from everyone totals up quickly to becoming redundant, but how do you not mention it repetitively when you’ve basically been told nothing’s to be done. While I understand the predicament, it’s supremely unfortunate. I still love this piece, still think it’s stellar work, but man oh man what could have been. I mentioned how I’m worried his resources would run dry and he’d have to release it as is, unfortunately it seems to be the case. I don’t see myself canceling this, I will either own it for years or sell it later. A forum with threads about any product gets redundant no matter the topic at hand. How many people are talking about the HT Vader helmets right now.

I mean - you've all made your voices heard about this, and Joost read your replies and responded. If the discussions continue to get redundant, I'll have to start removing posts because no one wants to read the same complaints over and over again.

Very slippery slope, we can go into a Batman thread and read the same complaints about a cowl or a cape over and over, and over. Deleting the post where someone respectfully states their displeasure while keeping the ones with passive aggressive undertones insinuating everyone should just be happy might rub some the wrong way.

I do understand this is a nuanced situation though.

JazzInc’s Batmobile is clearly the winner of the two - it’s just taking a risk with nearly $2,000 on a huge centerpiece item, from a company I’ve never bought anything from before, is nerve-wracking. Any and all issues are alarming and scary.

I understand Joost being on edge about the complaints coming in, especially with the margins apparently being razor-thin, but it’s not like we didn’t pay small fortunes for these. The indentations weren’t on the prototype; saying they’re to be expected because the other cars suffered the same issue feels weird. I’ve never made a car though.

I just hope the indentations really aren’t that noticeable in-person, the wheel wells will be packaged to prevent warping, and there won’t be any paint issues. All it needs to do is look great sitting on a shelf.

I’m definitely keeping my order. It looks great. It’s just that any blemishes at all on something so expensive is a bummer. This was a massive decision to make as far as funds go, and overall it’s still worth it. It’s absolutely going to be the showstopper.

Last edited:
Yeah, no brand should be safe from criticism or vice versa with praise, they all receive it depending on the issue or what they've done well.

I don't see the point in making this a HT vs Jazzinc fanboy war when it's not even about that. People like me and Nick bought the Jazzinc Batmobile, not the Hot Toys, and that's for a reason. We talk about this particular issue because for some of us, these dents are a big eyesore in what is otherwise a masterpiece from Joost. I don't care if a particular paint is off or the bat emblems have weak magnets. I doubt many would be satisfied spending money on Inart's Aragorn with a dent in their face sculpt.

No one here on this forum is bashing Jazzinc or pointing out those injection mold sink defects out of spite or just for the sake of throwing in complaints last minute to mess with Jazzinc. In fact if there were just one or two dents, then whatever. But there's literally large vertical injection mold sinks right at the wheel well on both sides in addition to the other ones running down the body side.

None of this appeared in the prototype version shown off on the preorder page, which either didn't have the issue at all or it looks like they filled up the dents well enough before paint. We would have mentioned it sooner if they were there. But it is what it is now. For reference to any future vehicles, I'd easily skip out on features like the toy sound (do FB people actually like this?) or stuff like shin breakers and die-cast bat disk if it meant more time and money spent on the QC and ironing out the final mold.

jazzinc batmobile prototype vs final injeciton mold dent sink vlcsnap-2024-09-12-19h49m10s338.jpg

Yeah, no brand should be safe from criticism or vice versa with praise, they all receive it depending on the issue or what they've done well.

I don't see the point in making this a HT vs Jazzinc fanboy war when it's not even about that. People like me and Nick bought the Jazzinc Batmobile, not the Hot Toys, and that's for a reason. We talk about this particular issue because for some of us, these dents are a big eyesore in what is otherwise a masterpiece from Joost. I don't care if a particular paint is off or the bat emblems have weak magnets. I doubt many would be satisfied spending money on Inart's Aragorn with a dent in their face sculpt.

No one here on this forum is bashing Jazzinc or pointing out those injection mold sink defects out of spite or just for the sake of throwing in complaints last minute to mess with Jazzinc. In fact if there were just one or two dents, then whatever. But there's literally large vertical injection mold sinks right at the wheel well on both sides in addition to the other ones running down the body side.

None of this appeared in the prototype version shown off on the preorder page, which either didn't have the issue at all or it looks like they filled up the dents well enough before paint. We would have mentioned it sooner if they were there. But it is what it is now. For reference to any future vehicles, I'd easily skip out on features like the toy sound (do FB people actually like this?) or stuff like shin breakers and die-cast bat disk if it meant more time and money spent on the QC and ironing out the final mold.
100% agree Vspectra, that photo you provided shows clear as day, that’s just not an acceptable final product from any brand. The entire frame by it is defected from it. Are we being convinced we’re blind? I don’t understand the lack of an uproar. I thought product gets fixed by dissatisfied customers, not told to be quiet.

Very slippery slope, we can go into a Batman thread and read the same complaints about a cowl or a cape over and over, and over. Deleting the post where someone respectfully states their displeasure while keeping the ones with passive aggressive undertones insinuating everyone should just be happy might rub some the wrong way.

I do understand this is a nuanced situation though.

It's not about silencing one voice over another. But, Joost has already responded that they're unable to address the mold indentations any further. So, it's counterproductive to any sort of meaningful conversation - that JazzInc should fix an issue, that they're unable to fix at this point (seemingly due to budget constraints).

As for the other DC threads, you'll absolutely never see the involvement of a Hot Toys representative in any capacity. The best anyone can do, is hope that they lurk on the forum and decide on some changes when (or if) they even read them.

This comparison been posted?

I know JazzInc was aiming for accuracy, but I actually like some of the creative decisions from Hot Toys. Very little things, like the rear lights, some details of the interior console, the colors of the turbine and the hubcaps, the bulbous shape of the gas lid. I can see why some people still prefer the HT version.

What kind of shipping did you guys choose? Anyone go with the $300 option that will take about the same time as the cheapest sea shipping, just to have the book signed, or $200 or eat the $500 and have it as fast as possible? Just curious as it is not a cheap shipping and trying to decide.

What kind of shipping did you guys choose? Anyone go with the $300 option that will take about the same time as the cheapest sea shipping, just to have the book signed, or $200 or eat the $500 and have it as fast as possible? Just curious as it is not a cheap shipping and trying to decide.

I'm just gonna go with the cheaper sea shipping.

Where are you getting these shipping costs from? Right now the only number for shipment to the U.S. that I can find is an estimate of $308 on their site, and that doesn't specify the shipment method. I'm pretty sure that's an outdated number from when this first launched and it assumed air shipment like all previous Batmobiles, but I could be wrong. I'm in Batch 2 and there are no shipping options associated with my order yet.

Something I've been wondering, do orders from JazzInc have a sales tax? I didn't see anything about it in the order summary for the BTAS Batmobile (although that's still a few years away).

Something I've been wondering, do orders from JazzInc have a sales tax? I didn't see anything about it in the order summary for the BTAS Batmobile (although that's still a few years away).
Not directly on his site, anything he puts on Specfiction will though. Only VAT is charged if you’re not in the states.

For this, U.S customers are only looking at $1,499 + whatever shipping we go with. I don’t believe we’ll see a customs fee? Has anyone dealt with that on his previous vehicles?

It looks pretty damn good in that comparison video. Some of the photos are in fact alarming, but I'm not sure if it's somehow exaggerated or if that's a bad sample?

Back