G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many people feel entitled to more and more and more and that just not how Haslabs are designed. They lay it out and that’s it. The only time recall them ever adding anything after the initially planned tiers was with the Sentinel, which was the first campaign that introduced the tiers. When they hit them all within just days of the campaign opening they went back and added the tri-sentinel head and extra tentacle. That’s really the only way to get them to add extra stuff beyond the initial plan. I’d we don’t unlock everything within the first week they won’t add anything else, no matter how high it ends up going. It’s always best to back day one, even if you’re on the fence. The earlier everything funds and unlocks the better things can go for us.

Like with any properly handled crowdfund campaign, all those extras in tier goals have already been factored into the production costs. If it funds but doesn't unlock any tier, win for the manufacturer as they can save money in production by not including anything else. If it surpasses the last tier, great, the business can make more money of their investment. That's the bottom line for these companies, nothing matters more than profit.

I figure if the goal was to reach 9,000 then production costs for the plane and pilot were covered as well as a big profit then. The extra stretches were to cover the figures plus extra jet costs as well as a huge profit. Going over 10,000 additional orders just means they made 1/3 of their money without factoring in any bonus figure production costs. It was basically a smaller fraction put towards production than the tiers. They could more than afford to throw something extra in, if anything to celebrate their most successful Haslab, the HISS tank forum did the math once and it came out to $2.87 per figure to produce. I would believe it since 5Below has 6 inch Black Series figures for $5 every now and then, marked down enough to still make a profit.

When figures hit 5 below they’re just trying to cut their losses at that point. They over produced and stored them in warehouses for too long. They’re likely losing money at that point, breaking even at best. And sometimes its retailers like Walmart and Target sending some of their overstock to some of these discount stores.

But you’re right that going above and beyond so much is just additional profit for Hasbro. They can’t bank on a last minute surge like that happening every time. The Vintage Collection Cantina limped along out of the gate and only managed to fund and unlock 2 of the 3 tiers in the final days of the campaign.

When the surge happens at the last minute it does give Hasbro time to even come up with additional items if they want to. The key is to back early and fully. If you’re thinking you want more than one, place that order for extras right out of the gate. You can always cancel later if needed but those extra few orders from everyone quickly add up. The only way they’ll add anything anymore is if we burn through all the tiers quickly and still have weeks of campaign ahead. Too many people wait till the last minute to back to see the final package is worth it to them but if they backed day 1 we’d not only get all the planned extras but potentially some additional ones as well.

Unfortunately the last minute surge is just how these things function. I can’t tell you how many influencers try to tell people to back early and not wait till the end. So many people still seem to think that if they wait they won’t have to pay until the end of the campaign. It doesn’t matter if you’re the first back or last backer. We all get charged the some time at the end and you’re free to cancel at any time.

Well that was nice of Hasbro Pulse, my Steel Corps Commander vs. Twilight Guard two pack charged and shipped without any early notice. Comes out to a painful $33 per figure, taxed and shipped. :sick:
Seeing that it's still available from Pulse, you might want to hold out for a discount.

Yeah, Emily on the GiJoe brand team gets a lot of unwarranted hate but she wouldn’t have missed the render reveals today. Nothing against ‘B-Mac’ but there’s no way she would have let that go by. Still the brand team is 1000% better than it was for Classified’s first year.

Hunt for the MASS Device pipeline is interesting, only if it means we’re finally getting more of the OG13.

This is the first PulseCon where I am not pre-ordering anything in Classified. Zandar, Leatherneck and Dial-Tone all look amazing but I’ll wait until they’re in stock. SAW Viper is cool but I won’t be troop building him, I might pick up 1 or 2.

Decent panel, I was just expecting a lot more including Claw and Nemesis Immortal. I wonder if they’re saving those for Hasbro 1027. 🤔

Heavy Duty and Law & Order look pretty awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.jpeg
    IMG_2677.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2678.jpeg
    IMG_2678.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I managed to order a Starduster. I never had one as a kid, I think my mom was purposely making sure we didn't go down the cereal isle so I wouldn't know about it. Now's my chance, I love the retro-future look of the Joe jet pack troupers.

View attachment 725626This was painful to see at Target last night after paying full price for this guy...
I hear ya. After the debacle of Classified in 2020, I don't play around with the odds though. If I want a figure bad enough, I'm preordering. I don't buy every figure, some I'm willing to sit back and wait, StarDuster for example on this round.

Back