General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meh, it doesn't matter if they do, they will get blown out in game 7 anyways. Just delaying the inevitable if they pull it out.

OKC still relies on athleticism too much on both ends, which is why Brooks will get the axe if they can't win it all this year

The only interest I have in this is hoping the Spurs make the Finals to beat the Heat since OKC has no chance against them.

I was listening to Steven a smith this morning talk about "no team can win a championship when its best players are perimeter oriented and don't have a big man down low" in reference to thunder. Lol. What does he think the heat have been doing on the way to four straight finals?!

I was listening to Steven a smith this morning talk about "no team can win a championship when its best players are perimeter oriented and don't have a big man down low" in reference to thunder. Lol. What does he think the heat have been doing on the way to four straight finals?!

Well, he is sorta half right. Obviously the big man down low isn't very accurate but if you look at what guys like Anderson do for the Heat, it is very significant. As for perimeter player, I think he means outside shooting superstars. Lebron and Wade are perimeter position players but both take it to the hole with Lebron having a solid post up game as well now. But yes, his comment was dumb since he is mostly wrong. I do think for OKC specifically, this team ain't gonna work. I think Westbrook needs to be on a team where he is the alpha option with guys around him...kinda like Carmelo. Durant just needs a distributing PG like Chris Paul...can you imagine Durant with Paul? That would be a championship caliber duo.

There were rumors year or two ago for that Westbrook and Paul trade, they should've done it. Now that I think about it, there really aren't too many point guards anymore that do what Paul does and what Nash used to do. Westbrook has to move to the two position and they have to bring in someone that is more capable of getting them into set plays. Durant is also gonna have to put some time in the gym. He can never have a lebron build, but he is 7ft tall, there is no reason why he shouldn't be posting up little guys. It took lebron many years of failure to finally grasp that

It took lebron many years of failure to finally grasp that

The catalyst being losing their first finals to Dallas. Total Catch-22...on one hand, they were so close to winning that series and could conceivably be going for four titles in a row.

But losing that first attempt really sharpened their focus for the next two titles. There's no guarantee that they things would have played out the same without the pain of losing first.

Back