General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were lucky to beat SA the first time around. Ray Allen has taken and made the biggest shots for the Heat sealing titles, not James.

That doesn't make any sense seeing as Allen wasn't there for the first title. Allen is the best 3pt shooter in the history of the league......hands down, but to say the heat only beat SA because of luck or that James didn't make any big shots or plays in big moments.....you must've not watched most of the heat games. It takes a little bit of luck for any team to win the whole thing in any sport at some point, but last I checked SA could've won game 6 in overtime and they had game 7 as well. It's defn not luck when Allen makes big 3s. He just happened to make the biggest or close to the biggest shot in nba history. It still takes 4 wins to take the series. SA will be favored in this series with home court for sure, but who knows what could happen.

Their first title wasn't against SA (they beat OKC) so your first comment makes no sense since I stated "they were lucky to beat SA the first time around".

Anyhoo, I agree Allen is as clutch as it gets and I'm not saying his shots are lucky. I'm saying James is lucky to be able to shrink from those moments to be able to dish to Allen for those shots. SA shouldn't be favored, Heat are the defending 2 time champions and their stars are healthy going into this series.

There's no use in arguing with unreasonable people. Lebron James clutch stats are leaps and bounds over anyone else. If it weren't for James relentless no headband onslaught in game 6 the heat aren't even in position to tie the game on Allen's 3.

If James wasn't 3 of 12 for the first 3 quarters his team wouldn't have been down 10 going into that 4th. But hey, let's not let facts get in the way.

Their first title wasn't against SA (they beat OKC) so your first comment makes no sense since I stated "they were lucky to beat SA the first time around".

Anyhoo, I agree Allen is as clutch as it gets and I'm not saying his shots are lucky. I'm saying James is lucky to be able to shrink from those moments to be able to dish to Allen for those shots. SA shouldn't be favored, Heat are the defending 2 time champions and their stars are healthy going into this series.

To be fair I dont think Lebron shrunk in that series. He shrunk as a Cav against Boston. He shrunk in the last few games of the NBA Finals against Dallas. In game 6 of the Finals vs. San Antonio he came up big in the 4th like Wake pointed out. They are not in position to win if not for his play. Granted he made a few bad plays that almost gave the game away but then remember he hit a big 3-pointer down the stretch. He missed his last 3-point attempt which lead to the Bosh rebound and the Allen 3 but he was willing to take the shot in that moment. That shrink label no longer fits.

Wade's Heat won a ring before James joined the crew so I can't buy people saying the Heat can't win w/o him. Also, he just shrunk from the moment in game 5 by horribly dishing to Bosh which cost his team the game.

Wade's Heat won a ring before James joined the crew so I can't buy people saying the Heat can't win w/o him. Also, he just shrunk from the moment in game 5 by horribly dishing to Bosh which cost his team the game.

You squarely fall into the realm of 'hater' bro. Like i said, no use in arguing with irrational people.

Lebron is one of the players where there is no middle ground. You either love him or hate him. Some call that play the correct basketball play. Other call it shrinking from the moment.

Lebron is one of the players where there is no middle ground. You either love him or hate him. Some call that play the correct basketball play. Other call it shrinking from the moment.
I'm not from Cleveland so I have no reason to hate him. :)

Do yourself a favor learn the difference between fact and opinion because its clearly lost on you.

I posted facts: James was 3 of 12 for the first 3 quarters of the game you referenced. Do yourself a favor and crawl back under the rock you crawled out from.

OPINION not FACT
It's a FACT.

When the best player in the NBA (best athlete in NBA history as LBJ fan boys like to boast) drives the lane with a playoff game on the line he's supposed to take the shot, be "the man" & seize the moment. Not Le-dish it to the corner to Chrissy Bosh or anyone else to hit the biggest shot in the biggest games under the most pressure and biggest spot lights and lose.

"LeBron makes right basketball play but wrong move in Game 5 loss"
https://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24575483/lebron-makes-the-right-basketball-play-but-pacers-win-game-5-93-90

"Why LeBron shouldn't have passed to Bosh"
https://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/90673/why-lebron-shouldnt-have-passed-to-bosh

Interesting/funny point made on ESPN: Greg Oden could conceivably get a ring before Durant. Who'd of thunk it?

Interesting/funny point made on ESPN: Greg Oden could conceivably get a ring before Durant. Who'd of thunk it?

:rotfl

Jones & Lebatard made a good point on Highly Questionable, talking about how OKC gets no flak for falling short year in and year out, especially after losing at home to SA who was minus Parker half the game.

Back