General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha did anyone see Gatorade's tweets last night? At first I thought it was a fake tweet but apparently Gatorade apologized today for their rep's tweeting so it appears to be legit. Never saw a corporation take jabs at a pro athlete before. Looks like I'll be buying more Gatorade for now on :lol

Ryan Koo @ryanbkoo

Hey @Gatorade where's all your sports science magic for preventing cramps in your no. 1 client @KingJames?

Gatorade ✔ @Gatorade
Follow

@ryanbkoo The person cramping wasn't our client. Our athletes can take the heat.

Carmichael Dave @CarmichaelDave

“@Gatorade: With a game this hot, we're right at home. #WinFromWithin #NBAFinals” With your spokesman cramped out?? #PHAIIIIILLLL

Gatorade ✔ @Gatorade
Follow

@CarmichaelDave This is awkward....We don't sponsor him. #fail
11:01 PM - 5 Jun 2014

Update at 1pm: Gatorade has apologized for last night’s tweets. “We got caught up in the heat of the battle,” the company says in a statement, “As a longtime partner of the Miami Heat, we support the entire team.”

https://www.businessweek.com/articl...-lebron-james-succumbs-to-cramp-in-nba-finals

Last edited:
Yeah they're apparently real :lol At first I thought it was fake when I saw it last night because you see all the time fake celebrity tweets but if Gatorade is apologizing then it must be legit...hope they weren't too hard on their reps

What? I am not a Lebron fan but all this hate cuz he cramped up is ridiculous. The one thing he's thinking is probably,"I can't cramp up anymore so that I can get back in this game," soooo if that means ur teamates carry u off, then so be it. Wow, I'm pretty amazed...the guy couldn't move half of the left side of his body and people give him **** for not playing through it? damn, some fans are so ignorant, it makes the rest of us look really bad....sigh...

jordan_pippen_050518.jpg

Yeah they're apparently real :lol At first I thought it was fake when I saw it last night because you see all the time fake celebrity tweets but if Gatorade is apologizing then it must be legit...hope they weren't too hard on their reps

From ESPN:

James endorses Gatorade's rival, Powerade, but drinks Gatorade during games because it is the official NBA sponsor.

:exactly:

I have no problem admitting LBJ is the best player in today's NBA. He is. End of story.

However, when the fan boys start saying he is 'the next Jordan', 'better than Jordan', 'the best player in NBA history', 'the best NBA athlete ever' etc reality has to be checked because this guy will never reach Jordan's level, never mind breach it.

Jordan wouldn't let cramps stop him from finishing the last 7 minutes of a Finals game, he played with food poisoning and a broken foot for an entire series. Fans love him because he was the embodiment of all heart, never quitting and winning at all costs. Then again, he was clearly better conditioned than LBJ ever was since this is a recurring problem for James. San Antonio is marching dinosaurs like Duncan out there who battles way harder in the paint all game than James does on the perimeter yet he and everyone else were just fine.

I'm not even going to compare Jordan's era of NBA to today's era because it's a complete joke, and the fact that Jordan always wanted to take the game deciding shot even when the opposition knew he would, and the fact Jordan stayed in Chi to build a dynasty instead of going elsewhere when he lost.

From ESPN:

James endorses Gatorade's rival, Powerade, but drinks Gatorade during games because it is the official NBA sponsor.

Yep, I think the Gatorade rep was salty because the tweets were calling LBJ their client when, in fact, he wasn't. I think Gatorade is still bitter because LeBron chose Powerade over Gatorade, and clearly, it showed.

:exactly:

I have no problem admitting LBJ is the best player in today's NBA. He is. End of story.

However, when the fan boys start saying he is 'the next Jordan', 'better than Jordan', 'the best player in NBA history', 'the best NBA athlete ever' etc reality has to be checked because this guy will never reach Jordan's level, never mind breach it.

Jordan wouldn't let cramps stop him from finishing the last 7 minutes of a Finals game, he played with food poisoning and a broken foot for an entire series. Fans love him because he was the embodiment of all heart, never quitting and winning at all costs. Then again, he was clearly better conditioned than LBJ ever was since this is a recurring problem for James. San Antonio is marching dinosaurs like Duncan out there who battles way harder in the paint all game than James does on the perimeter yet he and everyone else were just fine.

I'm not even going to compare Jordan's era of NBA to today's era because it's a complete joke, and the fact that Jordan always wanted to take the game deciding shot even when the opposition knew he would, and the fact Jordan stayed in Chi to build a dynasty instead of going elsewhere when he lost.

No athlete, including Jordan, could play ball with leg cramps

Jordan was better conditioned, he didn't have to. Step up your conditioning 'King' James.

Regardless of conditioning, some people will experience cramps no matter what.

This isn't Lebron's first time having this problem and it won't be his last.

Why does LeBron only have these cramps during the finals? We never hear about these mysterious cramps during the regular season or even during the playoffs, only the Finals. Weird.

Regardless of conditioning, some people will experience cramps no matter what.

This isn't Lebron's first time having this problem and it won't be his last.

Some people are more susceptible to cramping, that is true. However, James is paid a ridiculous amount of money to be physically fit to play the game and has a team of trainers, therapists and doctor's at his disposal to help him achieve that goal. It's on him.

Some people are more susceptible to cramping, that is true. However, James is paid a ridiculous amount of money to be physically fit to play the game and has a team of trainers, therapists and doctor's at his disposal to help him achieve that goal. It's on him.

It's not something a trainer and doctor can fix.

My father and I have the same problem. My father is a retired fitness trainer. He could go through many sessions without cramping but some days he would just get cramps no matter what. He drunk water and gatorade all the time but it didn't matter.

Sometimes a cramp would show up much later when he wasn't doing any physical activities.

I literally painted the wall of my bathroom one night because I caught a cramp while taking a leak. it wasn't pretty. :rotfl

It's not something a trainer and doctor can fix.

Fix? Probably not. Prevent? Definitely.

Kinetic;6851067My father and I have the same problem. My father is a retired fitness trainer. He could go through many sessions without cramping but some days he would just get cramps no matter what. He drunk water and gatorade all the time but it didn't matter. Sometimes a cramp would show up much later when he wasn't doing any physical activities. [B said:
I literally painted the wall of my bathroom one night because I caught a cramp while taking a leak. it wasn't pretty.[/B] :rotfl

What the hell? :rotfl

Jordan was better conditioned, he didn't have to. Step up your conditioning 'King' James.

You are so ignorant. First of all. Game 4 if the 1997 NBA finals.... Jordan asked out due to cramps. Secondly Lebron has play about 2,000 more minutes over the last three years than anyone else in basketball. It's an equivalent of an extra season more.

Why does LeBron only have these cramps during the finals? We never hear about these mysterious cramps during the regular season or even during the playoffs, only the Finals. Weird.

Because playoff basketball is more intense. Because Lebron plays all out.

You are so ignorant. First of all. Game 4 if the 1997 NBA finals.... Jordan asked out due to cramps. Secondly Lebron has play about 8,000 more minutes over the last three years than anyone else in basketball.

Name calling again are we? Welcome back hypocrite slurper. The Bulls pretty much got poisoned, had nothing to do with conditioning. 1/10 troll effort though :wave

In Game 4 of the 1997 NBA Finals against the Utah Jazz—just three nights before MJ's famed "Flu Game"—Jordan and his teammates succumbed to debilitating stomach cramps due to an error by the Bulls staff. Here's Roland Lazenby's account of the incident from his new book, Michael Jordan: The Life (h/t Pro Basketball Talk's Dan Feldman):

It would later be learned that a Bulls team assistant had mistakenly replaced the players’ Gatorade with GatorLode, a heavy drink used for building carbs. “It was like eating baked potatoes,” explained trainer Chip Schaeffer. Down the stretch, Chicago’s players complained of stomach cramps and Jordan even asked to sit for a time, something he never did at a key moment.

Back