General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fine, I'm not trying to convince you to like him, but trying to get a FA or trying to make a trade doesn't mean anything to a player if it doesn't get done. Lebron could've cried like Kobe to get help, it prolly wouldn't have mattered. Nobody wants to play in Cle. Irving will leave when he gets the chance too. If Lebron was still in Cle, I'm confident he prolly wouldn't have any rings. Title teams need to have more than one all star. Even the last pistons team to win it all had basically their whole starting unit as all stars. That's what it takes, I can understand the hate for the initial heat stuff at first, but it's obvious he knew it takes stars to win it, but it also takes good role players too.

You are picking and choosing what to respond to. It's been stated multiple times that James gets less credit because 3 superstars conspired together to win championships. That's not what happened in San Antonio, they didn't bring in Parker and Genobli from other teams after they were already established superstar. Parker and Genobli became all-stars after they are drafted, so it is different. Don't try to paint it a different color than it actually is.

This is EXACTLY what i was trying to say as well...take nowitzki for example, played a lot of attrition seasons, paired with nash for a while, lost him, still hung tough, and earned a ring the old fashioned way. Sure they got the right pieces around him but he certainly didn't collude with other superstars and then leave his team to JUST get rings...I respect that. Lebron should stay in Miami and roll with the punches. He should not just leave cuz another team will have better superstars that he can win more rings with easier...that is just the wrong way to play the game, have some faith, have some loyalty, and have some ****ing pride for god sakes...

Right, you can go up and down the list of stars who paid their dues and stuck with their teams through thick and thin when things seemed hopeless until finally they were able to break through and ring a title. Jordan, Dirk, Kobe (post-Shaq), Hakeem, and Pierce are just some of the players I can think off the top of my head. No one ever knows what's around the corner and perhaps if LeBron would've stuck it a little longer perhaps threatened management, took a pay cut, did what ever he could to force the Cavs into improving the team even greater, he may have ended up winning anyways.

I read an article today that pointed out that Parker was drafted 28th in 2001 and Ginobli 57th in 1999. It made me reflect on how Diaw was cut when the Spurs picked him up...same for Patty Mills. To top it all off many thought they were crazy for trading for Leonard.

all im saying is right...other superstars are needed but I think credit is due that the Spurs have a gift for developing talent. They are not trying to buy Starpower, they developed it. That's a big difference.

That dunk was crazy. The bench comparison is just crazy, the heat got no help. 6 minutes left and Lebron is starting to walk down court. I think he has given up at the end like he did in Cleveland.

That dunk was crazy. The bench comparison is just crazy, the heat got no help. 6 minutes left and Lebron is starting to walk down court. I think he has given up at the end like he did in Cleveland.

He had 31 points on 55% shooting. He didn't give up. He was the only player who showed up. I really hope he doesn't get flack for this series. He was amazing.

I just want to say congrats to all the Spurs fans and thanks to everyone for the support over the season as we all band together to take down the Evil Empire. I know for some it's been tough, esp. Laker fans lol, but I'm glad the Spurs were able to finally able to take care of business this year :duff

Back