General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bulls are a solid team but I think big time free agents are worried about how effective Rose is going to be. It's really starting to feel like a grant hill situation. Even if Rose comes back healthy, it's very possible he's not going to be the guy he was before. Deron Williams totally fits that mold to me now...

They should worry, the dude is done. The Deron Williams comparison is spot on.

Why is Derrick Rose sabotaging Chicago's chances at Melo? People get on the big three for taking pay cuts to join up and play together and in so doing sacrificing touches…. and somehow no body is ripping Rose for being such a selfish guy and being unwilling to sacrifice.

I just don't know what the NBA can do if players decide to start taking less in order to have a better shot at winning championships...plus, isn't that what fans have been so critical about in recent years? If players take max money with lesser teams they get hammered for taking the money and not caring about winning...but now that players are sacrificing money for wins they are still being crucified.

Why is Derrick Rose sabotaging Chicago's chances at Melo? People get on the big three for taking pay cuts to join up and play together and in so doing sacrificing touches…. and somehow no body is ripping Rose for being such a selfish guy and being unwilling to sacrifice.

Where are you getting this nonsense?

Nets already traded their coach :lol. I have no idea why Garnett came back either, the guy has nothing left. I wonder if Pierce will ride the ship as it sinks in Brook again. All that hype last year.......

Where are you getting this nonsense?

He's unwilling to recruit melo. Im sorry. But that sends a blatantly negative message. If you 'star' player can't be bothered to pick up the phone and call a potential free agent (one of Melo's caliber no less) then that reflects very poorly on him.

So with LBJ wanting a max contract, I guess the Heat can go back to being a so so franchise again.

So with LBJ wanting a max contract, I guess the Heat can go back to being a so so franchise again.

This is a weird rumor/report. It kind of flies in the face of everything Lebron says he wants. He can't reasonably expect to improve the roster if he soaks up half of the available cap room by himself. I'll believe this when i see it actually happen.

Yeah last I heard Rose wants Love over Melo. It has nothing to do with touches.

That's my preference as well. I'll take Melo of course I just think we get better as a whole by adding Love.

He's unwilling to recruit melo. Im sorry. But that sends a blatantly negative message. If you 'star' player can't be bothered to pick up the phone and call a potential free agent (one of Melo's caliber no less) then that reflects very poorly on him.

I disagree. Rose is a class act and a class kid. I think Rose figures if Melo wants to come to Chicago he will do that. Besides Noah has been talking to him so its not the end of the world. I like how Rose handles himself.

I think the big three will stay in Miami but I think it's gonna be tough to add true quality players to that team. I think guys wanna play with Lebron but no legit big men and a severely declining wade? It'll be interesting...

I like LAs big man from last year. Not a household name, but he has some quality attributes and he's still fairly young. Prolly won't be anywhere near as pricey as gortat. If he goes somewhere else, then yea, Miami is screwed at that position lol. I don't think point is the biggest concern for them, a center and a swing player. I thought Toronto was gonna offer Lowry crazy money? Surprised we haven't heard anything. I don't think Miami can even go after anyone until they figure out how the big 3 will do their contracts. Not sure what's taking so long.

So much for Wake's commentary about how amazingly unselfish the Heat are :lol

It appears that its perfectly acceptable for Bosh and Wade to take a pay cut but not for the hypocrite LeBron...

Lastest update:

David Aldridge ✔ @daldridgetnt
Follow Agent Henry Thomas, on report clients Bosh & Wade will take $12M/per & $11M/per, respectively: "all the BS you are reading is just that."

John Canzano @johncanzanobft
Follow LeBron James wants short term (1-2 year deal) at max money contract w Heat, source close to negotiation tells me.
Chris Bosh’s 5-year deal with Miami expected to start at $11 million in year 1. Dwyane Wade will sign four years, $12 million in year 1
Everybody is likely spinning a little here. You can be sure that Miami’s “big three” gave Pat Riley some kind of salary framework for him to have an idea what he could spend in free agency. The numbers below may or may not be exactly accurate, but if they are not close Riley is not going to have his hands free to upgrade the roster in the way LeBron (and Heat fans) want.

It also is possible that this is the lowest the Heat players go and if Riley doesn’t use all that money Bosh and Wade will soak it up.

3:40 pm: LeBron James does not want to take the pressure off Pat Riley and Miami Heat management — not this summer, not when it’s over. However, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade are making the sacrifices to both give LeBron his cash and give Heat president Pat Riley room to maneuver.

We knew LeBron, Bosh and Wade presented their plans to Riley, providing a financial framework of what he would have to spend.

Now we have an idea what that is that is, thanks to John Canzano of the Oregonian.

That’s some big per-year sacrifices from Wade and Bosh, both of whom could have made $10 million more a year for the next two years (but do get more guaranteed money in the long run). Zach Lowe of Grantland said he heard flopped numbers — Wade $12 million to start, Bosh $10 million to start — but it seems in the same ballpark.

[MORE: The Top 50 free agents for summer of 2014]

If this report is accurate what does that mean for Riley? What can he spend?

He has $12,918,609 in cap room below the projected cap of $63.2 million to spend, according to PBT’s own Dan Feldman who ran the numbers.

That accounts for LeBron at his max ($20.7 million, although he may take a little less), Wade at $12 million, Bosh at $11 million, Norris Cole who is on the books already, the rookie contract for Shabazz Napier and seven minimum-salary cap holds.

Riley could use all or almost all of that to go after one big player — Kyle Lowry or Luol Deng, although neither is willing to take a discout to come to South Beach — or he could divide it up into two or three players at and try and fill a few needs with quality players. After using up that cap space Miami would still have a $2,732,000 exception, which could be useful for Udonis Haslem (it can only be a two-year deal but Haslem isn’t playing longer than that anyway). After that it is all minimum contracts.

The ball is in Pat Riley’s court — he got a healthy chunk of cap space thanks to player sacrifices. Now he has to do something with it.

https://probasketballtalk.nbcsports...ing-at-12-million/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Those reports are ********. No WAY is bosh taking 11 million a year. Gortat just got 13. The agents for Wade and Bosh have called BS on that report. Bosh likely to be around 5/90mil. Having said that the reports are that Heat has 12 mil in space. Doesn't add up. So then Lebron is likely to NOT take max money.

Wow, so the Lakers give a league high 46 million towards the profit sharing deal and still pocket 100 million in profits. Your welcome small markets.

Along with that, OKC made a profit of $29 million. According to Zach Lowe of Grantland:

The Thunder are indeed paying into the revenue-sharing system, rare for such a tiny market, but they’re slated to make nearly $29 million in profit when everything is netted out. That’s the fifth-best projection in the league, trailing only the Lakers ($100.1 million), Bulls ($61 million), Rockets ($40.7 million), and Celtics ($33.1 million). Again: This memo does not capture the complete financial picture for any organization, but between this estimated profit and the general escalating value of all NBA franchises, it’s fair to take these numbers into account when debating the Thunder’s decision to trade James Harden and duck the luxury tax.

So they absolutely did NOT have to trade Harden immediately.

Back