General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If for some reason Miami does something again. I hope it crashes the NBA ship bad. Cause fans to get a little pissed off and maybe start getting rid of this super team ********.

If for some reason Miami does something again. I hope it crashes the NBA ship bad. Cause fans to get a little pissed off and maybe start getting rid of this super team ********.

Why on earth would a team be penalized for being a great franchise? Lol.

“@SherwoodStrauss: Such BS if Heat stars take pay cuts to keep the team together. Why can't they be like the Spurs and take pay cuts to keep the team together?”

"In recent days, teams that have hoped to schedule pitch meetings with James once the free-agency period begins next week have been unable to do so, sources told ESPN.com."

:lol @ beating your chest about guys opting out after your bought team just got **** on in the Finals.

Lol. Trying to diminish my happiness?! Believe me bro I'm ecstatic that the best player in basketball is staying in Miami. And that the heat have an NBArecord $55mil in cap space.

Par for the course. :lol

:lol

Lol. Trying to diminish my happiness?! Believe me bro I'm ecstatic that the best player in basketball is staying in Miami. And that the heat have an NBArecord $55mil in cap space.

Nobody on the planet cares about that NBA record & Lebron was never going anywhere. :lol

Last edited:
I had no idea that the Spurs big 3 actually make less than Kobe Bryant, so I guess LA fans can blame Kobe just as much as management for putting a laughable team on the court, which will prolly be even worse next season. Of course the big 3 in Miami will try and copy the Spurs with salary cap to put better role players around them. I think it's now official that melo wont go to Miami because they are not one of the destinations for meeting before july 4th. I think he actually ends up joining the Rockets now in hopes of creating his own big 3. Too much in the air about which Rose will show up next season.

a post I would actually agree with..........in my dreams though

Report: LeBron wants a max deal; Wade opts out, Bosh debates

NBA free agency is truly heating up.

LeBron James opted out of his contract with the Heat earlier in the week and now the other members of Miami's "Big 3" appear to be following his lead. Dwyane Wade also opted out of his deal on Saturday. Initial media reports conflicted regarding Chris Bosh's immediate situation, but the big man will reportedly join James and Wade in free agency, according to Yahoo! Sports Adrian Wojnarowski. .

This doesn't mean the trio plans to leave the Heat. If anything, it's quite the opposite, or maybe not.

Forward Udonis Haslem also opted out of his contract with the Heat.

James, Wade and Bosh, who joined forces during in the summer of 2010, were each due to make at least $41 million over the next seasons. Great for the bank account, but lousy for roster building.

Miami reached its fourth straight NBA Finals this year, but lost 4-1 to the San Antonio Spurs earlier this month. The final three games were decisive blowout losses for the then two-time defending champions. Suspect performances, notably from Wade, played a factor. So did the reality that San Antonio had a much deeper and younger roster due in part to their stars making far less than Miami's

However, Yahoo! Sports is reporting that James wants a full maximum contract extension. He is eligible to sign a five-year, $130 million contract. This goes against the idea of leaving enough cap space for additional help, notably a center, point guard and wing depth. Miami added Connecticut point guard Shabazz Napier in the first round of Thursdays NBA Draft.

While we'll see what happens with James' reported contract demands, but assuming he stays and Bosh also opts out, this is the scenario Pat RIley wanted. Now the Heat have the financial flexibility to add additional pieces. New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony is an option, though a long shot regardless because of his expected salary demands, along with Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry.

Another free agent to watch is one Wizards fans don't want to hear: Marcin Gortat. Gortat hammered the Heat this past season due to Miami's lack of a rim protector. Trevor Ariza, Washington's other prominent free agent, could be a target If the Heat decide to pursue another wing threat to help take pressure off James and Wade.

This all assumes that the Big 3 - or at least James - want to stay in Miami. Other teams, including the Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, are making moves to give them a shot at landing a big fish. Happy swimming.

https://www.csnwashington.com/baske...de-opts-out-bosh-debates?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

If no biggies want to come play in Chicago we will just do it the Spurs way.

The Bulls are a solid team but I think big time free agents are worried about how effective Rose is going to be. It's really starting to feel like a grant hill situation. Even if Rose comes back healthy, it's very possible he's not going to be the guy he was before. Deron Williams totally fits that mold to me now...

Good points. What an interesting off-season. Plus how good would this bulls team be if they had to battle through the west and not feast on the uber soft east. Rose would have me concerned, a lot of time has passed since he has done a thing.

Good points. What an interesting off-season. Plus how good would this bulls team be if they had to battle through the west and not feast on the uber soft east. Rose would have me concerned, a lot of time has passed since he has done a thing.

yea i feel like when i guy gets hurt this often with so many surgeries, its just not possible to be the same guy you were before. I watch Deron Williams play and he's a shell of his former self...he literally went from the best PG in the league into a borderline non star/solid starting PG. Grant Hill had success but was never a superstar after his string of injuries. I would hate to see Rose fall into that but its hard to imagine him getting back to being the explosive guy he was before...and he was never as good a shooter as Williams so I hope he at least develops that part of his game to stay effective.

Odds are he will have to reinvent his game a bit, whether that is possible is yet to be seen.

For instance with kobes injuries u can bet he is going to be more of a post player than a wing guy. He can do it, rose? Like you said, better work on that jumper, I dunno. If he gets another knee injury this year that would be very sad and telling.

Looking like Miami is up to something eh? Sadly for them wade is part of the mix. Heh. Players union won't be happy, yet owners I'm sure are, yeah?..

Wow, just read that LeBron has never been the highest paid player on his team. Even though he makes his money off the court, it's still wow. I'm assuming that will change. Bosh wants a five year deal, my goodness what will wade get. If it has any length to it I'll assume LeBron wants a short one. Heh.

whichever way they slice up their 3 contracts, at the very least, Lebron should be making quite a bit more. I doubt he will take a max deal, but he deserves it. I agree that the Rose situation will scare off free agents. And Josh, I don't think Chi could do it like SA cause they are missing proven scorers. SA still has a big 3, they just aren't effective if they have to play big minutes. All 3 can score too, as well as most of the guys off the bench. Noah is the second best player on Chi, but he's not much of a scoring threat, which still leaves Rose pulling the whole offensive load when he comes back.

The Bulls are a solid team but I think big time free agents are worried about how effective Rose is going to be. It's really starting to feel like a grant hill situation. Even if Rose comes back healthy, it's very possible he's not going to be the guy he was before. Deron Williams totally fits that mold to me now...

I'm sure some are but I think Rose will be fine.

And Josh, I don't think Chi could do it like SA cause they are missing proven scorers. SA still has a big 3, they just aren't effective if they have to play big minutes. All 3 can score too, as well as most of the guys off the bench. Noah is the second best player on Chi, but he's not much of a scoring threat, which still leaves Rose pulling the whole offensive load when he comes back.

I think Rose comes back and still gets ya 20 a game or so. I also think the kid they got in the draft is going to be a stud. Noah scores pretty well and is getting better all the time, he was one of the league leaders in triple doubles last season. As far as Gibson I think that guy can get you 15-17 a game and around 10 rebounds.

Back