General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very funny. Somebody is mad. Lakers emerging as leaders for melo. Unless someone made it up. Lol

I'll be worried when one of the big three actually actively take a meeting with someone else. Until then in Riley I trust.

Lebrons agent has met with multiple teams. (Unless someone made that up)

Hey wake, looks like LBJ is leaning on leaving. But I know nothing about the nba or the league right?

Broussard has Cleveland surprisingly as the lead. Only surprising because Dan Gilbert is a big time goober. But they can field a much more exciting team than that Miami debacle.

That would be a truly ugly defense.

Kobe just doesn't care about defense or even actual team play for that matter. Chasing Jabbar's record, I can't see him firing off less than 30-35 shotjacks a game. Melo is a lousy individual defender and only a passable team defender with a legit rim protector ( which the Lakers don't have), he also seems to not care. His conditioning isn't great and he is essentially a power forward as this point ( which causes a problem with Randle, who can only play PF) Randle was a poor defender in college. Nash is ancient, hurt and forms with Kobe, the oldest backcourt in the NBA. Kobe and Melo both aren't great passers and really aren't that skilled at moving off the ball ( they never wanted or had to do it most of their careers). How can Randle develop if the Lakers sign a player that basically plays his same position and the two shotjackers soak up most of the FGAs? Hard to get the rookie going when he is going to touch the ball 6-7 times a game. Signing Melo at the 4/97 clip would also destroy the rest of their cap. Unless they trade or stretch Nash, they only have enough space left to sign basically minimum guys. ( Hello Josh Harrellson, how are you doing buddy?) I can't see any team other than the Raptors being interested in Nash, and then only for marketing purposes

The only conceivable way I can see a Bryant/Melo offense working ( while it would still neutralize Randle), would be to stretch Nash and spend every last single cent and try to get Channing Frye, a stretch 5. While he'd only get bail out shots when the clock is close to expiring, at least they'd have some floor spacing that way. They'd still be a defensive sieve, and in the loaded West, would have to try to outscore teams every single night. The last thing the Lakers need is another ball dominant poor defender who becomes a black hole every time he touches the ball and neutralizes their lottery pick from developing. It would be interesting in terms of trying to get viewers to their Lakers network, however it would be a piss poor fit.

As for league rumors and the media, I doubt they are fake, most of them. The players agents are the ones probably releasing this information, to try to gain leverage for their clients. Competition for your services makes you appear desirable and less likely to have a team try to lowball you ( well lowball in your agent's eyes) or make you a low priority. I think the difference between this part of the season and the rest is the agents have less incentive to tell so much other times of the year. If Melo wants to talk Lakers to force Phil Jackson to offer a max instead of pushing for a team discount, that's not a bad move for his agent ( who gets a percentage and wants the largest deal possible signed) On the flip side, GM's have to do their due diligence. What does a phone call cost you? Nothing. It shows you are out there trying to make moves and improve your team, even if you don't actually sign anyone. It gives you something to say to your owner when he calls everyday and asks whats going on and what is the team doing to improve.

Sort of tough to see James perspective here. No other impact FA is going to commit to the Heat until they know what James is going to do and for how long ( what if he signs a one year deal? You want to sign up for 5 years on the Heat so James can walk in one?) Until he commits, the dominos around the league don't fall. He's gotta commit somewhere and for a set amount first before help can come for him. Hate to say it, but that's the double edged part of being the top free agent.

Even if he resigns with the Heat, if he takes the max, they are screwed. Even if Bosh and Wade take a paycut, James with the max would screw that team. There are just way too many holes on the roster and no center and the market price is shifting because a lot of teams have cap space.

You're right if melo and Kobe are teaming up they need to load up on 3 and d players.

Houston making a big push for bosh. Can offer him 4/96..I hear hes listening. Quite honestly he's a great fit over there imo. My bet Miami's biggest signing this summer is is wade..the one that no one else really wants..

Finally LeBron is schedualing face to face meetings with teams this week. need that domino to fall to see how the rest of the landscape will look.

he looked bad against SA, that's what I was referring to. I bet Bosh does end up going to Houston. Everyone is saying Carmelo would end up going to Miami, but I don't think that fixes any of the issues they had last year. If they could get Deng and Gasol over Melo, I think that's a better fix.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 15s
ESPN learned that Josh McRoberts has verbally committed to sign with the Miami Heat

LOL

I know but I thought Wake might like to know :)

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m
ESPN has learned that McRoberts will receive Heat's full midlevel for the next four years ($23 million) with a player option after Year 3

You all got me like...

Br9sKCXCEAA14OE.jpg:large

Seriously tho…

"Report of Heat verbal full MLE agreement w/ McRoberts. Confirms Miami operating "capped"" That's odd for a team with 55 million in cap space, don't ya think?

Back