General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully Riley gets this team in form for next season.....we can't afford to lose King James

Dirk looked horrible last season whenever i saw him.I think Lebron is bluffing with the whole agent meeting with multiple teams. Question is if Riley will call it or actually start trying to sign someone. I haven't even read that they were even close to signing anyone either. Time will tell. Edit: just read heat are to meet with morrow and gasol. I thought OKC was the front runner for him the last I read. Westbrook doesn't even pass the ball to Durant, why would he pass it to gasol? Lol. Best fit for gasol is spurs, chi or Miami .

Miami doesn't have the money for pau, nor do spurs. That is unless he takes a big pay cut

So Kobe wasn't in LA and Rose wasn't in CHI when Melo was interviewing in both cities...hmmm. Houston may be the winner after all.

Sounds like melo is staying in New York and wants Gasol to come. That actually makes sense with Phil there. I don't think Miami can give Gasol enough. Lebron will stay this year for sure but if Riley can only get chumps and they lose again Lebron is gone next year.

So Kobe wasn't in LA and Rose wasn't in CHI when Melo was interviewing in both cities...hmmm. Houston may be the winner after all.

Rose worked out in front of Melo when he was there, don't know where you heard that. Looks like NY is the front runner after all.

Sounds like melo is staying in New York and wants Gasol to come. That actually makes sense with Phil there. I don't think Miami can give Gasol enough. Lebron will stay this year for sure but if Riley can only get chumps and they lose again Lebron is gone next year.

Depends what Gasol really wants, if the money is more important to him and his relationship with Jackson and Fisher, then no doubt he goes to NY. If he wants to win right now, he goes elsewhere. LA prolly ends up with nothing though. They don't even have a coach and I don't see any good options available.

I'm reading bosh wants max years and money

and where are you reading that? Bosh has already stated he wants to stay in Miami and is willing to take less money. Only way Bosh takes max money is if Lebron leaves Miami.

https://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11176154/derrick-rose-help-chicago-bulls-pitch-carmelo-anthony

According to this, Rose was in midst of a workout and had no idea what time Melo was coming. He said 'hello' and that was it. Noah and Gibson were present during the recruiting presentation, Rose was not.

Today Fox is reporting Melo is going to re-sign with NY :cuss

The free-agent forward is expected to accept a maximum five-year, $129 million contract with the New York Knicks, the New York Daily News reports. Anthony, who met with the Rockets, Bulls, Mavericks and Lakers earlier this week, could announce his decision within the next 48 hours, according to the report.

Yahoo! Sports/FOX Sports 1 NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski reported that Anthony left Thursday's meetings with the Knicks with an increased confidence in the franchise's direction. The Knicks can offer Anthony $30 million more than any other team.

Last edited:
Rose worked out in front of Melo when he was there, don't know where you heard that. Looks like NY is the front runner after all.

Depends what Gasol really wants, if the money is more important to him and his relationship with Jackson and Fisher, then no doubt he goes to NY. If he wants to win right now, he goes elsewhere. LA prolly ends up with nothing though. They don't even have a coach and I don't see any good options available.

and where are you reading that? Bosh has already stated
he wants to stay in Miami and is willing to take less money. Only way Bosh takes max money is if Lebron leaves Miami.

Umm try any source, it's abundantly out there... And rose wasn't part of the pitch either dude, he was just having a work out. Lakers not having a coach is actually a lure to the big fish.. Geez..

Bill Simmons is just reporting Lakers made a MAJOR impact on melo. (Caps courtesy of Bill)

Fyi, it has also been stated that wades and boshs stated pay cut willingness was a load of BS.. I'm assuming we will soon see. The silence has been deafening!!

I've also read that Bosh stated he would take a Max deal somewhere else if the situation in Miami is not to his liking. I'm guessing he's in a wait and see mode similar to Lebron. They will prob both sign with Miami to try one more year but if nothing good happens in this free agent search, both could possibly look elsewhere if they feel they can get more money and still be on a contender...wade is the only 100% sure thing to stay. A lot of free agents they are targeting are getting signed elsewhere so i'm sure Riley is feeling the "heat" :lol:lol Yup, I don't see the lakers getting squat. Their situation is pretty much a dead deal til kobe comes off the books. it's gonna be a rough couple of seasons...sigh.

Well now I hear that both melo and LeBron are considering LA, hope not but that's what they do over there.

You guys realize that every single possibility has been "reported" right?! It's a ducking joke. The media literally makes stuff up. Lebron wade and bosh are working together. Wade and bosh don't know what Lebron wants. Lebron is staying. Lebron is going. Melo is going to the bulls. No wait staying in ny. No wait the lakers. It's freaking ridiculous. And everything is "sources" and "off the record" u know why? Because no one wants to stake their name and reputation on the bullcrap flying around passing as "news"

You guys realize that every single possibility has been "reported" right?! It's a ducking joke. The media literally makes stuff up. Lebron wade and bosh are working together. Wade and bosh don't know what Lebron wants. Lebron is staying. Lebron is going. Melo is going to the bulls. No wait staying in ny. No wait the lakers. It's freaking ridiculous. And everything is "sources" and "off the record" u know why? Because no one wants to stake their name and reputation on the bullcrap flying around passing as "news"

u mad brah?

Wake, you're not the least bit worried? granted, chances are all 3 stay at least for one more year but the free agent pool is getting pretty thin no?

I'll be worried when one of the big three actually actively take a meeting with someone else. Until then in Riley I trust.

Back