General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wake...do you think Miami is hoping Bosh takes the Houston deal so they can go after Melo? Is that what Melo could be waiting on?

Wake...do you think Miami is hoping Bosh takes the Houston deal so they can go after Melo? Is that what Melo could be waiting on?

I for one want Bosh to stay. He spreads the floor. He has length. Can finish at the rim. And is a great pick and roll defender. He's underrated as a rim protector. Having said all that … there's no denying Melo is an offensive force. But his defense is suspect. Could be Melo is waiting to see what happens.

LeBron is the first domino to fall, then everything else will cascade into whatever place. I'm assuming well hear from him by Thursday

Yup, my guess is Lebron signs with Miami, of course Bosh will too. Melo is a toss up...I think he could still choose LA. Yes, NY has Phil and can offer him the extra year of money but he will still get paid after his contract if he signs with LA. Phil is in NY but Fisher is the coach...in LA, he can have a big say in coach. Yes, kobe kind of boot straps the team a bit but it seems Gasol will come back to LA if Melo signs. LA will make Melo's brand bigger...everyone knows he is interested in that. It will be interesting to see what happens. All this being said, I so dont want Melo in LA...he is still my least favorite superstar.

Is it a given that Bosh will take less to return to Miami when Houston is offering that much more?

Maybe I'm trying to turn it into TOO much of a soap opera, lol

Is it a given that Bosh will take less to return to Miami when Houston is offering that much more?

Maybe I'm trying to turn it into TOO much of a soap opera, lol

The difference of the contracts between what miami can offer and houston has been greatly exaggerated.

The difference of the contracts between what miami can offer and houston has been greatly exaggerated.

isn't it like 20-30 mil? anyways, i think bosh just wants to play with lebron if he stays in miami. if lebron stays, he stays...if lebron goes, he goes to houston.

isn't it like 20-30 mil? anyways, i think bosh just wants to play with lebron if he stays in miami. if lebron stays, he stays...if lebron goes, he goes to houston.

No sir… the Houston offer is 4/88 mil. Bosh was stated as wanting 5/90 from miami but with the heat operating as a capped team (using exception level sized contracts to sign new players Granger and McRoberts) then the Heat can presumably offer him a bit more. Making up the difference significantly. He could get as much as 16-19 a year.

Bosh would be a great fit in Houston. Melo would more than make up that money in los Angeles (plus no Dolan). Blake Griffin and cp3 are on a commercial every time I turn on the tv. How many Knicks are on commercials. Kobe has tons in endorsements, shaq is still pumping out the icey hots. He lives here anyway, his wife wants to act, not a Broadway star. Again everyone is waiting for LeBron to blink, and I'm not sure anyone really knows what he's doing. Wouldn't surprise me for him to do something shocking, or simply return. I really do think his running mate in wade is aliability.

Yup, my guess is Lebron signs with Miami, of course Bosh will too. Melo is a toss up...I think he could still choose LA. Yes, NY has Phil and can offer him the extra year of money but he will still get paid after his contract if he signs with LA. Phil is in NY but Fisher is the coach...in LA, he can have a big say in coach. Yes, kobe kind of boot straps the team a bit but it seems Gasol will come back to LA if Melo signs. LA will make Melo's brand bigger...everyone knows he is interested in that. It will be interesting to see what happens. All this being said, I so dont want Melo in LA...he is still my least favorite superstar.

I don't know why Gasol would even want to stay in LA even if Melo went there. They tried to trade him the last few seasons I believe. I would think Gasol would be very willing to go to NY if Melo stayed.

No sir… the Houston offer is 4/88 mil. Bosh was stated as wanting 5/90 from miami but with the heat operating as a capped team (using exception level sized contracts to sign new players Granger and McRoberts) then the Heat can presumably offer him a bit more. Making up the difference significantly. He could get as much as 16-19 a year.

pfftt...Bosh has been a good player for them, but seeing how he wilted against the Spurs, he aint worth that much. I'd let him walk, maybe pay $14mill at most. A straight up swap for Gasol in free agency would make more sense as Gasol could give them scoring down low. I don't think anyone knows what Gasol is asking for though?

There are serious reports that LBJ is set to sign with Cavs (they're saying 90% chance) This is not a drill!

Link: take it for what its worth:

https://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/08/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-8-edition/

A plugged-in source tells me there is a 90 percent chance that LeBron James will return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, and it will be announced on www.lebronjames.com if it happens.

That is my latest intelligence, and it comes from the same league source who told me Monday that he felt there was a 75 percent chance James returns to his original NBA team.

Remember this, folks: This comes down to LeBron building a legacy, which leads us to three points:

_There is nothing left for him to accomplish in Miami. He went there for four years, he went to the NBA Finals all four years, and he won two titles while learning what it takes to be a champion. Nobody can ever take that away from him.
_ A chance to return home as a successful, seasoned adult with a chance to deliver the city of Cleveland its first championship in any sport since 1964 is too much of a legacy opportunity for James to pass up.
_ And another thing: The best player he has a chance to team up with is named Kyrie Irving.

So there is a piece of news for y’all on a long day of waiting on LeBron that produced … a longer wait. Same with Carmelo Anthony.

NBA free agency remained backed up and stagnant Tuesday as all eyes turned to Las Vegas, where James will open his annual summer camp Wednesday. According to Yahoo, James’ meeting with Pat Riley will take place Wednesday, not Tuesday as many believed, and from there James will move on to the next stage of his decision — what to do next.

Does he embrace Riley’s vision and sign on for five more years of life in Miami? Or does he remain non-committal as he considers a return to the Cleveland Cavaliers. The first thing he’d probably do is request a meeting with new coach David Blatt, who he has never met.

And from there …

The Decision II might be put off until late Wednesday night, or sometime Thursday, and it could come online rather than on ESPN. (I am told the folks at lebronjames.com were updating their servers to handle a traffic crush, but I could not confirm this).

This is James’ show, and he can made it last as long as he likes, because he is The King. But once he makes his intentions known (and the same goes for ‘Melo, who is keeping everyone waiting, too), the dam is going to burst.

Greg Monroe, Pau Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Luol Deng, Lance Stephenson. They are all going to lock up their deals in a very short span of time, and it is going to be madness.

But until then … dullness.

Thank goodness for folks like Marc J. Spears of Yahoo, who delivered the goods for those seeking some inside information.

Read more at https://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/...ee-agents-july-8-edition/#uyPfmXYxmZyZ0PLq.99

Incidentally if LeBron returns to the Cavs, he instantly becomes my fav non-Spurs player - just for the record :lol

not that I care where he goes, unless it's the Lakers, I just don't see it unless the Cavs do a trade for Love. If I recall, Love said he would sign an extension if Lebron were there. If all 3 signed back with Miami, they at least have great chances to make the finals again. Lebron with no Love in Cle prolly isn't good enough to beat Ind or Chi with a healthy Rose.

a rookie that has never played a nba game in his life......are you serious? Irving is good for the long term, but even last year, Irving barely had better stats than the aging Wade. One could argue Wade actually had better numbers overall.

Back