General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say 0.1% chance Butler would ever even consider it. He will be payed royally to stay in Chi. And I'd say no to Mo Williams or Prince. They don't need more old guys who are a defensive liability. Williams is also way too small to play the 2. If the Cavs want to contend for many years after this one as Lebron gets older, they need to go younger.

Hindsight being 20/20, the Mosgov/Shumpert/Smith trades were more valuable than the Love trade. If they had kept Wiggins, they'd have another lengthy defender to guard Klay Thompson and maybe even Curry. But that's hindsight. The Cavs had to make the trade when they did because they know they have maybe a five year window with LeBron (maybe less...with the extended minutes he has had throughout his entire career in the playoffs). They couldn't wait three or four years for Wiggins to develop.

And they have to resign Love, simply because they gave a ton of assets to get him. They also have to see how another full year of Kyrie, Kevin, and LeBron works out.

I wanted to keep Wiggins and pass on Love....took a beatin on this boards for that thought. I still hold firm but water under the bridge at this point....

Thompson isn't close to a max player.....he is a solid role player at best. Mosgov and Thompson cannot be the starters as Lebron cannot go 82 games at the pace he is in the finals. Irving is great but brittle, he cannot be counted on an entire season. Remove Love and Irving gets injured where does the offense come from? I say dump Smith and Thompson, pick up another solid wing and some depth.

I don't think Love is going to leave so good luck with that. Butler is definitely not leaving Chi to come to Cle so forget about that too...he is too competitive and young to just jump ship and join Lebron for the sake of winning a title easier. The main issue with any players joining Cle is it's hard to attract young talent to a Lebron team because most young players want to get paid over winning a title now. The older veterans who haven't won a title and who are willing to take less money are usually the players that seek to jump ship to join Lebron. If Love stays for a max deal which I think he will, and Kyrie and Lebron on the books, who would come to the Cavs as a young player with high upside?

Trading Wiggins for Love made no sense because Love already expressed his desire to play with Lebron. So keep Wiggins and sign Love in a year when he hits free agency. Then you have both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Wiggins for Love made no sense because Love already expressed his desire to play with Lebron

That ideology didn't go well the beginning of the season......nothing we can do at this point. Smith continues to dumb ass play......:slap

That ideology didn't go well the beginning of the season......nothing we can do at this point. Smith continues to dumb ass play......:slap

Like I said dumbest player in the league, how do you commit that flagrant foul?

And how agonizing is it listening to Jeff van Gundy? I just want to scream STFU!!!

I think the surprise about Wiggins from what I saw was his lockdown ability on the defensive end. If he was playing with Lebron all season, those 2 would be a fastbreak tandem like no other.

^This. Wiggins and LeBron would have been what DWade and LeBron should have been defensively all four years in Miami before DWade's body broke down.

On a different note I thought the game started at 9:00. So I missed the entire first quarter and part of the second. Cavs are up, though, let's see if they can maintain in a hostile environment.

Last edited:
Like I said dumbest player in the league, how do you commit that flagrant foul?

And how agonizing is it listening to Jeff van Gundy? I just want to scream STFU!!!

The banter between Gundy and Jackson is annoyingly funny....

^This. Wiggins are LeBron would have been what DWade and LeBron should have been defensively all four years in Miami before DWade's body broke them.

On a different note I thought the game started at 9:00. So I missed the entire first quarter and part of the second. Cavs are up, though, let's see if they can maintain in a hostile environment.

Wiggins and Bron would of been special on both ends of the court.....glad to see my initial reaction to the trade after the season shows some wisdom :rotfl. Happy with the effort tonight but still long way to go

I'd say 0.1% chance Butler would ever even consider it. He will be payed royally to stay in Chi. And I'd say no to Mo Williams or Prince. They don't need more old guys who are a defensive liability. Williams is also way too small to play the 2. If the Cavs want to contend for many years after this one as Lebron gets older, they need to go younger.

Tayshaun Prince is not a defensive liability. Although old, he can be valuable.

Money would not be a factor for Butler. Give him Love's max money, but Butler would probably not go to Cleveland, but who knows. Maybe he wants to stay with Chicago or look for another winner to play for. With three max contracts, and young players wanting more money, who could they sign?

Hindsight being 20/20, the Mosgov/Shumpert/Smith trades were more valuable than the Love trade. If they had kept Wiggins, they'd have another lengthy defender to guard Klay Thompson and maybe even Curry. But that's hindsight. The Cavs had to make the trade when they did because they know they have maybe a five year window with LeBron (maybe less...with the extended minutes he has had throughout his entire career in the playoffs). They couldn't wait three or four years for Wiggins to develop.

And they have to resign Love, simply because they gave a ton of assets to get him. They also have to see how another full year of Kyrie, Kevin, and LeBron works out.

Should just sign love to a max one year deal with team option for the next. No need to commit long term.

I wanted to keep Wiggins and pass on Love....took a beatin on this boards for that thought. I still hold firm but water under the bridge at this point....

Thompson isn't close to a max player.....he is a solid role player at best. Mosgov and Thompson cannot be the starters as Lebron cannot go 82 games at the pace he is in the finals. Irving is great but brittle, he cannot be counted on an entire season. Remove Love and Irving gets injured where does the offense come from? I say dump Smith and Thompson, pick up another solid wing and some depth.

Thats why I said bring in Jimmy Butler. Good defense, 20ppg. JR Smith NEEDS to go. Outside of Butler, Wes Matthews, but he is coming off of an injury.

I don't think Love is going to leave so good luck with that. Butler is definitely not leaving Chi to come to Cle so forget about that too...he is too competitive and young to just jump ship and join Lebron for the sake of winning a title easier. The main issue with any players joining Cle is it's hard to attract young talent to a Lebron team because most young players want to get paid over winning a title now. The older veterans who haven't won a title and who are willing to take less money are usually the players that seek to jump ship to join Lebron. If Love stays for a max deal which I think he will, and Kyrie and Lebron on the books, who would come to the Cavs as a young player with high upside?

I agree with this, my thoughts exactly. Butler (not gonna happen though), Wes Matthews... I really dont know who they could sign.

Trading Wiggins for Love made no sense because Love already expressed his desire to play with Lebron. So keep Wiggins and sign Love in a year when he hits free agency. Then you have both of them.

Common sense is not allowed in the Cavs organization.

JR Smith is two face, never know which one your gonna get.

Bron getting frustrated with the D......his body language at the time out wasn't good. We need his head in the game..

On a side note, Curry is a great shooter but not the League MVP....

Back