General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? He's looking pretty good right now...

Really what..... James or Curry?

Curry is doing what I said..shooting / scoring but I consider other factors which he hasn't presented throughout the series just in spells. He will likely win the series and Finals MVP which is the ultimate goal......so he wins I suppose. my personal opinion.

Yup....they cannot find a way to close out the games because lack of offense.....last two games late in the forth they struggle and the Warriors excel and go on large runs

Every time Curry shoots the ball I say out loud "yeah right" or "to far away." Then he makes it and makes me look stupid....

James 40, 14, 11 on 15-34 shooting and he still does not win, That was with JR "the bum" Smith actually making four threes, Thompson making free throws and low post shots, Shumpert hitting threes.....

Cavs can win game 6, but no chance they win game 7. If they win these next two, it will be the greatest NBA finals victory of all time.

Time to watch WWE Money in the Bank then Game of Thrones... I made it a surprisingly three hours without spoilers... or the temptation to look.

Every time Curry shoots the ball I say out loud "yeah right" or "to far away." Then he makes it and makes me look stupid....

James 40, 14, 11 on 15-34 shooting and he still does not win, That was with JR "the bum" Smith actually making four threes, Thompson making free throws and low post shots, Shumpert hitting threes.....

Cavs can win game 6, but no chance they win game 7. If they win these next two, it will be the greatest NBA finals victory of all time.

Time to watch WWE Money in the Bank then Game of Thrones... I made it a surprisingly three hours without spoilers... or the temptation to look.

Agreed, if the Cavs come back and wins this it would be one of the greatest come backs in sports

Agreed, if the Cavs come back and wins this it would be one of the greatest come backs in sports

I've already said if Cavs win this title, I don't think haters can argue against Lebron as perhaps the greatest ever. This is a non playoff team without him. Perhaps a cellar dweller with Irving and love out. Lebron is the reason people think Thompson is a max player and Della is a solid guard. Oh and Currys not just a great shooter. He's arguably the best shooter in nba history and on the best team in the west so yes I think he deserves the mvp.

Hindsight being 20/20, the Mosgov/Shumpert/Smith trades were more valuable than the Love trade. If they had kept Wiggins, they'd have another lengthy defender to guard Klay Thompson and maybe even Curry. But that's hindsight. The Cavs had to make the trade when they did because they know they have maybe a five year window with LeBron (maybe less...with the extended minutes he has had throughout his entire career in the playoffs). They couldn't wait three or four years for Wiggins to develop.

And they have to resign Love, simply because they gave a ton of assets to get him. They also have to see how another full year of Kyrie, Kevin, and LeBron works out.

I say trade Love if they can. It defn looks like that was a mistake with Blatt running things.

I don't think Love is going to leave so good luck with that. Butler is definitely not leaving Chi to come to Cle so forget about that too...he is too competitive and young to just jump ship and join Lebron for the sake of winning a title easier. The main issue with any players joining Cle is it's hard to attract young talent to a Lebron team because most young players want to get paid over winning a title now. The older veterans who haven't won a title and who are willing to take less money are usually the players that seek to jump ship to join Lebron. If Love stays for a max deal which I think he will, and Kyrie and Lebron on the books, who would come to the Cavs as a young player with high upside?

how about Carrol from ATl? It looked to me like him and Lebron have a good relationship.

Warriors will take it in Cle....try again next year assuming our fragile core can stay healthy

They need a new coach who will have the balls to actually put in a real offense that doesn't revolve around iso play all game and Lebron taking on major minutes for them to win. It's proven that Irving and Love cannot play major minutes cause they are too brittle.

I've already said if Cavs win this title, I don't think haters can argue against Lebron as perhaps the greatest ever. This is a non playoff team without him. Perhaps a cellar dweller with Irving and love out. Lebron is the reason people think Thompson is a max player and Della is a solid guard. Oh and Currys not just a great shooter. He's arguably the best shooter in nba history and on the best team in the west so yes I think he deserves the mvp.

yep, Curry is the best ever already.

its all win win for LBJ...if they lost there will be excuses that Cavs doesnt have irving, love etc2 "pat on the back" in a way its not LBJ fault.
.....BUT if they win LBJ will be stamp the Greatest player.

in histroy LBJ never won final when his team lost game 5.

pretty sure Miami won game 6 and 7 2 years ago with Lebron after losing game 5. It won't happen here, but it did happen.

I say trade Love if they can. It defn looks like that was a mistake with Blatt running things.

how about Carrol from ATl? It looked to me like him and Lebron have a good relationship.

They need a new coach who will have the balls to actually put in a real offense that doesn't revolve around iso play all game and Lebron taking on major minutes for them to win. It's proven that Irving and Love cannot play major minutes cause they are too brittle.

Signing Carrol would be terrible. He is a natural SF. No point in bringing him in unless Lebron is going to play the 4 or 5, yet you have Mozgov and Andy V.

We don't know what will happen, but Jimmy Butler is the best thing the Cavs can do. Let Love opt out... or try to trade him. Sign Thompson and Mozgov.

Kyrie, Butler, Lebron, Thompson, Mozgov. Its a perfect fit. The natural scorer, the two way guard, the best in the world, a great rebounder, and a rim protector who can hit free throws and provide quality offense.

The problem would be the bench.

they aren't going to sign Butler, it won't happen. Shumpert is still going to be there and I would bet they will still have Smith back as well off the bench. Carrol is a proven defender who can defend multiple positions and hit shots. Unless they trade Love, the starting line up isn't going to change from what they were when the playoffs first started.

they aren't going to sign Butler, it won't happen. Shumpert is still going to be there and I would bet they will still have Smith back as well off the bench. Carrol is a proven defender who can defend multiple positions and hit shots. Unless they trade Love, the starting line up isn't going to change from what they were when the playoffs first started.

Carrol is a great, but are the Cavs going to put a slow 6'8 SG out there? Carrol is going to demand some big money, I rather keep Thompson for that money than bringing in Carrol.

pretty sure Miami won game 6 and 7 2 years ago with Lebron after losing game 5. It won't happen here, but it did happen.

yea that game was great. Imo the best game in LBJ era kinda like Bulls vs Jazz

as happy as i am that the heat won, but to be fair in game 6, Spurs were raped by referee decision by not giving manu foul. but yeah it happened just not that kinda look like real win in my heart.

agree with you will be hard for Cavs to win in this final.

Carrol is a great, but are the Cavs going to put a slow 6'8 SG out there? Carrol is going to demand some big money, I rather keep Thompson for that money than bringing in Carrol.

They need someone to give lebron rest next year. With what you've suggested, it leaves nobody but jones , Marion , or miller coming in when he sits. I don't want to see any of those 3 even on the roster next year. Jones may be a slight exception cause he can hit open shots, but he's been awful on defense against GS. Afflalo, Casspi and Brewer would also be good choices cause they all play hard and can hit open shots.

Back