General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless they trade someone, the starting line up isn't going to change from what they were when the playoffs first started.

:lecture contrary to popular belief Cle isn't a hot bed for NBA free agents with or without Lebron. With James older players in search of a ring will be interested but no young proven / rising star will come freely. It was the same problem Lebron faced in his first go round in Cle and it'll be the same again. Irving is locked in therefore, the most likely trade asset is Love or Smith.

I doubt anything happens and as you suggest it'll be the same (or close) to the same starting line up. Mosgov signing isn't done until it's done. my guess, Cle Mgt thinks with a healthy Irving and Love this would have been a different series. As a result, no big changes just some additions to the bench. Thompson will be overpaid to keep his services and James happy but everyone else on the bench is fair game. Delly too.....

40 points, 14 rebounds, 11 assists and only two TOs in 45 minutes of play. What more can LeBron do to help his team win?

On a side note, Curry is a great shooter but not the League MVP....

Really? He's looking pretty good right now...

Switch LeBron and Steph Curry. Steph Curry on this Cavs teams gets swept by LeBron on the Warriors team. No doubt that Steph had a great season, but honestly, LeBron could have one it every year for the past seven or eight years (although Derrick Rose's MVP award in 2010/2011 was deserved).

Should just sign love to a max one year deal with team option for the next. No need to commit long term.

Thats why I said bring in Jimmy Butler. Good defense, 20ppg. JR Smith NEEDS to go. Outside of Butler, Wes Matthews, but he is coming off of an injury.

I say trade Love if they can. It defn looks like that was a mistake with Blatt running things.

That would be up to Love, right? I believe he's a unrestricted FA. Unless I'm mistaken, the only way Cleveland could trade him would be if he agrees to a sign and trade.

I've already said if Cavs win this title, I don't think haters can argue against Lebron as perhaps the greatest ever. This is a non playoff team without him. Perhaps a cellar dweller with Irving and love out. Lebron is the reason people think Thompson is a max player and Della is a solid guard. Oh and Currys not just a great shooter. He's arguably the best shooter in nba history and on the best team in the west so yes I think he deserves the mvp.

QFT. Delladova is a solid guard, but is honestly nothing special, his defense and effort in games 2 and 3 notwithstanding. He has some terrible drives into the lane where he doesn't know what he's going to do next and throws up a horrible shot or even worse lob hoping that Tristan Thompson will bail him out.

Last edited:
LeBron James "I'm the best player in the world"...if that doesn't sum up this ego maniac's career, I don't know what does. Down 2-3 facing a 3rd ringless season in 5 Finals appearances...yeah that's what people want to hear...smh...dude is never gonna get it

Kobe said he is the best 1 on 1 player ever. Jordan said that he can still beat Hornets players.. LeBron said he is the best in the world. All great players have egos. Whether they say it at a press conference or not, that's what they think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending how one chooses to interpret that statement, I can see how that could rub some people the wrong way, but look at it from this perspective: he's done everything he possibly can to keep his team in this series. He's facing a 3-2 deficit with a elimination game coming. He can't say "I'm going to try my hardest". He needs to lift up his team, they need to get their confidence from him.

Plus, it's not hyperbole. He is the best player in the world. If he had come out and said he was the greatest of all time, I would have had an issue with that.

Depending how one chooses to interpret that statement, I can see how that could rub some people the wrong way, but look at it from this perspective: he's done everything he possibly can to keep his team in this series. He's facing a 3-2 deficit with a elimination game coming. He can't say "I'm going to try my hardest". He needs to lift up his team, they need to get their confidence from him.

Plus, it's not hyperbole. He is the best player in the world. If he had come out and said he was the greatest of all time, I would have had an issue with that.

Ha! The night's still young, I'm sure that statement will come sooner than later. He's already hinted at anyways...

LeBron James on 'greatest of all time' tag: 'I'm far away from it, but I see the light'

LeBron James on 'greatest of all time' tag: 'I'm far away from it, but I see the light' - Point Forward - SI.com

40 points, 14 rebounds, 11 assists and only two TOs in 45 minutes of play. What more can LeBron do to help his team win?

Switch LeBron and Steph Curry. Steph Curry on this Cavs teams gets swept by LeBron on the Warriors team. No doubt that Steph had a great season, but honestly, LeBron could have one it every year for the past seven or eight years (although Derrick Rose's MVP award in 2010/2011 was deserved).
That would be up to Love, right? I believe he's a unrestricted FA. Unless I'm mistaken, the only way Cleveland could trade him would be if he agrees to a sign and trade.

QFT. Delladova is a solid guard, but is honestly nothing special, his defense and effort in games 2 and 3 notwithstanding. He has some terrible drives into the lane where he doesn't know what he's going to do next and throws up a horrible shot or even worse lob hoping that Tristan Thompson will bail him out.

I agree with everything stated.....

LeBron James "I'm the best player in the world"...if that doesn't sum up this ego maniac's career, I don't know what does. Down 2-3 facing a 3rd ringless season in 5 Finals appearances...yeah that's what people want to hear...smh...dude is never gonna get it

But he is.

Your blind hate is pathetic.

So if LeBron puts up mind blowing numbers again tonight and the Cavs still lose, is LeBron named MVP of the Finals?

Hasn't happened since when? The 60's?

Yep, I think it happened last with Jerry West.

But this puts it all in perspective:

Per NBA.com , Cleveland's O in the 22 minutes LBJ hasn't played in Finals: 18.2 FG%, 00.0 3pt%, 54.6 pts/100 poss, -39.2 net.

For non-NBA nerds, 18.2 percent from the field is comically awful, but nothing compared to the zero percent the team has shot from three when James has sat.

Perhaps more glaring is that 54.6, which indicates the number of points a group has scored per 100 possessions. For reference, the Philadelphia 76ers, a team that tried to be bad this year, still managed to score 93 points per 100 possessions. And the negative 39.2 next rating, well, that’s embarrassing, blowout-level bad.

Yet here the Cavaliers are, still with a chance, a result of LeBron James taking his ragtag collection of teammates and building them into something greater.

I'm no Lebron fan. Far from it. But I'm hard pressed to argue against him as the best going today, and starting to rival MJ in my mind as the greatest there ever was. If he gets another couple of rings, I might have to concede. What he has done with Cleveland is astounding. So. . .go Warriors! :lol

I'm not sure I can name any player that I've watced in the Finals that's been as dominant as him on a potentially losing team.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Back