General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James is so over-rated. Cavs could of won if he didn't miss those 6 shots in a row in the 4th.

Jimmy Butler wants a short term contract, the Bulls wanted to give him a five year max, so it looks like Butler is going Lebrons route and what I am sure many others will do. Betting on themselves. Lets say the 2015-16 cap is around 65 million. Lebron will get 23 million, Love 17, Kyrie 15. That is 55 million already. Add on other contracts on the books for 15-16 (close to 20 million) that is up to 75 million for only 7 players. In 2017, the projected cap is to be 108 million. If I am the Cavs I go all in. Sign Butler to a one year deal. Thompson to a max (structure it so his cap hit is not big in this upcoming year). Lets say the Cavs are at 100 million for nine players. Sign Delly, Perkins, Jones for around one million each. At 103 million for 12 players. Bring back Iman for around 4 million. 107 million for 13 player. Two more mininum contracts at it is at 110 million for the year. Guaranteed championship with this roster.

PG: Kyrie, Delly, Vet Min
SG: Butler, Iman, Joe Harris
SF: Lebron, Miller, Jones, Vet Min
PF: Love, Thompson, Perkins
C: Andy V, Mozgov

If Dan Gilbert is actually "all in" he should do this. Sure it would be a lot of money, the largest payroll in the NBA ever, but it would bring a championship to Cleveland.

Iggy may have impacted how LBJ played, but LBJ set an NBA finals record leading everyone in points, assists and boards so the level of impact Iggy had on his game is questionable.

The impact Iggy had on his game was only one game where LBJ scored 20. Every other game LBJ outplayed Iggy.

James is so over-rated. Cavs could of won if he didn't miss those 6 shots in a row in the 4th.
Yeah, I guess leading every player in the finals in points, assists, rebounds is over rated. I guess Lebron needs to shot 100% from the floor, get 50 rebounds a game and assist on every bucket his team makes.

If James played with he same rules Jordan had to play under, James would be average at best. Jordan will always be king. And no, I never was a bulls fan. Jus a Warriors fan, and every team that played the lakers on a daily basis.

Please please stop the Butler going to Cle talk...Chicago is going to match any offer made to him so you can FORGET ABOUT IT. If you're talking about past this next season, then I suppose it's possible but I think Chicago would sign him to 3 years minimum with a matching max offer. In any case, anyone who says Lebron is overrated is pretty clueless...and I'm not Lebron fan. While I agree Iggy deserved MVP, his point total is more because of wide open looks created by the attention given to Curry and Thompson. Still, he played great and was essential to this title for the Warriors.

Iggy may have impacted how LBJ played, but LBJ set an NBA finals record leading everyone in points, assists and boards so the level of impact Iggy had on his game is questionable.

Iggy didn't start first three games nor did he guard James all the time...... Either way, I am glad it didn't go to Curry. He is my satan :devil. J/k

Please please stop the Butler going to Cle talk...Chicago is going to match any offer made to him so you can FORGET ABOUT IT. If you're talking about past this next season, then I suppose it's possible but I think Chicago would sign him to 3 years minimum with a matching max offer. In any case, anyone who says Lebron is overrated is pretty clueless...and I'm not Lebron fan. While I agree Iggy deserved MVP, his point total is more because of wide open looks created by the attention given to Curry and Thompson. Still, he played great and was essential to this title for the Warriors.

I agree with this thinking.....

Agreed about Iggy......I am fine with Smith opting out........who can we get to replace Blatt? I am not big on the standard crew remaining....

If you remember what I said earlier, I'm very fond of Jeff van Gundy or mark Jackson. Not only do they have a great understanding of the game, but they've been analyzing lebron for almost his whole career, so I think they know how to use him more efficiently than anyone else available unless I'm forgetting somebody. I think those are two guys who lebron has great respect for, so that alone means a lot. Obviously Gundy has much more experience, but I like both of those guys as good basketball minds over Blatt .

Again, I have nothing personal against Blatt. I like him in that regard, but I don't think he really has a clue how to coach great talent and use those guys to their full potential. Lebron has never had anything better then an alright coach imo. If the cavs can't get someone who is a good upgrade over Blatt, they will prolly keep him, but I don't see Jeff or Mark passing on an opportunity to coach Lebron. It comes down to what lebron thinks and wants. It's a small window for cle to get that one chip. Maybe 3 more years tops depending on how many minutes he plays in those years. They can't waste time or burn lebron out too quickly as he ages. His minutes were insane in the postseason .

If you remember what I said earlier, I'm very fond of Jeff van Gundy or mark Jackson. Not only do they have a great understanding of the game, but they've been analyzing lebron for almost his whole career, so I think they know how to use him more efficiently than anyone else available unless I'm forgetting somebody. I think those are two guys who lebron has great respect for, so that alone means a lot. Obviously Gundy has much more experience, but I like both of those guys as good basketball minds over Blatt .

Again, I have nothing personal against Blatt. I like him in that regard, but I don't think he really has a clue how to coach great talent and use those guys to their full potential. Lebron has never had anything better then an alright coach imo. If the cavs can't get someone who is a good upgrade over Blatt, they will prolly keep him, but I don't see Jeff or Mark passing on an opportunity to coach Lebron. It comes down to what lebron thinks and wants. It's a small window for cle to get that one chip. Maybe 3 more years tops depending on how many minutes he plays in those years. They can't waste time or burn lebron out too quickly as he ages. His minutes were insane in the postseason .

They will keep Blatt because he is Lebron *****.

Seriously. Blatt does what Lebron says.

Blatt did fine listening to Lebron, just add Kyrie and Love to the finals and the Cavs would have won.

Too many bad reports on Jackson, he seems very toxic. Van Gumdy eh.....pretty indifferent.

On side note, what say ye Clipper fans on your new logo and unis?

They will keep Blatt because he is Lebron *****.

Seriously. Blatt does what Lebron says.

Blatt did fine listening to Lebron, just add Kyrie and Love to the finals and the Cavs would have won.

That's definitely not a fact. Probably would have gone 7 but the Warriors would have still had just as good of a chance as the Cavs to win the title still. Kyrie and Love would have added depth and offense but both are weak on the defensive end. It would have made for a much more fun series for sure but Lebron's numbers would have taken a hit and he's still the guy who should handle the ball 90% of the time even with Kyrie on the floor. Guy's like Tristan and Mozgov flourished with Love not being there.

That's definitely not a fact. Probably would have gone 7 but the Warriors would have still had just as good of a chance as the Cavs to win the title still.

I greatly disagree that their chances to win would have been the same. Kyrie and Love would have added great depth and any shortcomings on the defensive side would have been made up for on the offensive side. The Cavs offense was predictable all series and adding more offensive weapons would have kept the Warriors on their heals much more and made them work harder on that half of the court. Not to mention the Cavs clearly ran out of gas during the 4th quarter in a couple games. Having two more players to rotate, not to mention Varejo, would have made a big difference down the stretch of those games.

Tell me how do you think Golden State would have fared if they lost any combination of Green, Thompson, or Iggy for the series?

If James played with he same rules Jordan had to play under, James would be average at best. Jordan will always be king. And no, I never was a bulls fan. Jus a Warriors fan, and every team that played the lakers on a daily basis.

James can't hold a candle to MJ. Does anyone think MJ would ever allow a team he played on to lose 4 finals? MJ is straight money when the cards are on the table. James...not so much. And before James supporters bring up the lack of talent on his Cavs teams...what about the 2 finals he lost while he was a member of the Heat. Put MJ in his prime on the Heat and they win all the finals James played in.

James can't hold a candle to MJ. Does anyone think MJ would ever allow a team he played on to lose 4 finals? MJ is straight money when the cards are on the table. James...not so much. And before James supporters bring up the lack of talent on his Cavs teams...what about the 2 finals he lost while he was a member of the Heat. Put MJ in his prime on the Heat and they win all the finals James played in.

The talent on both Cavs teams that were available in the finals is a valid argument to all you James haters. The argument about the talent on the Heat team has legs for discussion. Jordan on the Heat would never lost to old ass Mavericks or Spurs teams....geeeeez :wink1:

Too many bad reports on Jackson, he seems very toxic. Van Gumdy eh.....pretty indifferent.

On side note, what say ye Clipper fans on your new logo and unis?

I never heard any bad reports on Jackson. The players seemed to like him a lot. Blatt has no clue how to get the best out of Lebron, Love and Irving. Even going in to the playoffs, I didn't like their offense at all. He will continue to run those guys into the ground like Thibs did to Chicago. I know Love was getting benched most of the time in 4th qtrs, but Lebron and Irving can't be expected to play 40+ minutes every game.

The talent on both Cavs teams that were available in the finals is a valid argument to all you James haters. The argument about the talent on the Heat team has legs for discussion. Jordan on the Heat would never lost to old ass Mavericks or Spurs teams....geeeeez :wink1:

the Jordan comparisons are nauseating, always have been.

I never heard any bad reports on Jackson. The players seemed to like him a lot. Blatt has no clue how to get the best out of Lebron, Love and Irving. Even going in to the playoffs, I didn't like their offense at all. He will continue to run those guys into the ground like Thibs did to Chicago. I know Love was getting benched most of the time in 4th qtrs, but Lebron and Irving can't be expected to play 40+ minutes every game.

the Jordan comparisons are nauseating, always have been.

I've read articles / heard on sport talk shows Jackson would alienate players, turn them against one another / mgt and just bread a toxic environment. All here say but any of it true, beyond conflicting with James it wouldn't encourage a winning culture.....unlike the big markets players want to play for we have a small window and I'd like to accelerate the possibility of winning a title before diving back to mediocracy or worse.....

Back