General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess i will say it. As of now, Jordan has more accomplishments than Lebron with way more help than Lebron had. Jordan has a edge, but come five years from now lebron will be goat. If anything Jordan is overrated. Still a top 5 best ever, but by far the most inflated athelete of all time.

Well, by bold facing it, you sure seem to agree with it... or at least imply it.

I always hate the "please learn to read" insult. If I don't know how to read, how can i reply to you? Stupid insults are stupid.

Could you please answer my questions from the previous post, Im really interested in what your answers are.

The bold face is to emphasize that Larry Bird, All Time Great, First Ballot HOF'er and NBA Pantheon Player called Michael Jordan God.

When you learn how to read that helps. :D

Just remember James gets out of the first round by himself and actually makes finals by himself

Don't remember LBJ playing 1 v 5 ever. He never played "by himself", he just fails to elevate his teammates when it matters most usually.

But sure, I'll remember JR Smith in the 4th quarter of a close out game where his LBJ's team was getting blown out in order to get CLE back into it.

Oh, and it was in Lebron's house. Ouch.

The self proclaimed "King", "the best player in the game", "The Chosen One" couldn't hit the broad side of a barn - it was all JR Smith. :rotfl

The bold face is to emphasize that Larry Bird, All Time Great, First Ballot HOF'er and NBA Pantheon Player called Michael Jordan God.

When you learn how to read that helps. :D

Don't remember LBJ playing 1 v 5 ever. He never played "by himself", he just fails to elevate his teammates when it matters most usually.

But sure, I'll remember JR Smith in the 4th quarter of a close out game where his LBJ's team was getting blown out in order to get CLE back into it.

JR Smith. :rotfl

2007 Cavs. 2015 Finals Cavs. Even the Heat teams he carried some years (except against the Mavs and last year)

At least give some credit.

You act like Jordan did it himself. Shot 50-50 every night and won 150-60 each game.

Blinded by hate and nostalgia.

I dont remember Jordan winning without two hall of famers and all star role players.
I dont remember Jordan carrying a team.
I dont remember Jordan doing it without Pippen

2007 Cavs. 2015 Finals Cavs. Even the Heat teams he carried some years (except against the Mavs and last year)

You act like Jordan did it himself. Shot 50-50 every night and won 150-60 each game.

I dont remember Jordan winning without two hall of famers and all star role players.

So you agree that RIGHT now Jordan is GOAT over Lebron. Why don't we have this discussion in 5 years then and stop talking about it now.

Talk about being "blinded by hate". :cuckoo:

I don't act like anything. I posted facts cited by the NBA itself on it's own website of what it calls one it's "Greatest Moments" and the words on an immortal player who played against Jordan and called him 'God' and you can't handle it.

It's that simple.

You can try and run the deflection playbook all night but the bottom line is that LBJ folds in the big moments and Jordan never did.

Why the need for such debates is beyond me......their style of game is different, the game itself is different, the type of players in the game is different yada, yada, yada......saying Lebron couldn't play in Jordan's era and Jordan would kill in this era is pure subjective speculative....no one will know.

Both players were among the greatest of their era, transcended the game for the time they played but it is preference over who is best of all time. As I mentioned, plenty of greats (top 50 players) have as many if not more championships then both these guys. Russell 11 in 13 years, Kareem top scorer of all time with six so one and so forth......why aren't they greatest of all time? They surpassed both these guys.....

The game became much more main stream and both Jordan and James capitalized on it tossing their names into the greatest of all time because of marketability.....what they accomplished on the court in terms of team and individual production has been equaled or surpassed.

So you agree that RIGHT now Jordan is GOAT over Lebron. Why don't we have this discussion in 5 years then and stop talking about it now.

Of course. My problem is that Lebron does not get enough credit and Jordan gets to much. Jordan is great, but overrated
Talk about being "blinded by hate". :cuckoo:

I don't act like anything. I posted facts cited by the NBA itself on it's own website of what it calls one it's "Greatest Moments" and the words on an immortal player who played against Jordan and called him 'God' and you can't handle it.

It's that simple.

You can try and run the deflection playbook all night but the bottom line is that LBJ folds in the big moments and Jordan never did.

Dont lie. Jordan folded every first round series he lost. By saying statements like these make you unreasonable to deal with and cant handle another view point of Jordan... which is.. he is overrated.

You cant even admit Lebron is great, best of this era.

Its pathetic. All you Lebron haters are.

Dont lie. Jordan folded every first round series he lost. By saying statements like these make you unreasonable to deal with and cant handle another view point of Jordan... which is he is overrated.

I can entertain the discussion of Jordan being overrated but not when discussion comes from an excuse-laden LBJ fan who finds every reason to give LBJ a pass on his continued Finals failures and every reason to give any player not named Jordan credit for his Jordan's legacy. You sir are the unreasonable one. ;)

Wowee...Bronie just keeps getting classier and classier...

LeBron's handling of Blatt unbecoming

(The Takeaway):

• I saw it from close range in my role as sideline reporter through the Finals for ESPN Radio. LeBron essentially calling timeouts and making substitutions. LeBron openly barking at Blatt after decisions he didn't like. LeBron huddling frequently with [assistant coach Tyronn] Lue and so often looking at anyone other than Blatt.

[*]
    [*]Which forced Blatt, in front of his whole team, to wipe the board clean and draw up something else. [...]

[*]
    [*]How is any fellow Cavalier going to treat Blatt with something resembling reverence when LeBron treats him like a bench ornament in plain view?

[*]
    [*]How can LeBron publicly laud his own leadership, as he so often does, when setting that sort of tone?

Full Article:

LeBron's handling of Blatt unbecoming - Marc Stein - ESPN

I read that.....assuming the context is valid, James comes across as a jerk. I get certain players have the liberty to change plays / have input (Manning good example) but in the manner described in the article doesn't paint James in a good light

But nothing will change, Mj will still be the goat for one simple reason, when Jordan needed to carry his team or hit the last SHOTS, he did. Lbj simply has not, has he played big, for sure, but when they needed him most Ray Allen and dumbass JR Smith are taking the shots

Like many have said, I to have no horse in this race, but MJ has that one thing lbj needs to put him in the number one spo of all time

But nothing will change, Mj will still be the goat for one simple reason, when Jordan needed to carry his team or hit the last SHOTS, he did. Lbj simply has not, has he played big, for sure, but when they needed him most Ray Allen and dumbass JR Smith are taking the shots

Like many have said, I to have no horse in this race, but MJ has that one thing lbj needs to put him in the number one spo of all time

This.

In James' own words he doesn't want the ball with the game on the line in the biggest moment. Jordan, Kobe, Bird, heck even Melo want the ball in that moment.

A reporter asked James this question after the game 6 loss:

The way you had to play in this series was so out of character for you in terms of how you like to play. Did any part of you enjoy doing that, enjoy being able to do that? Or do you prefer what's more comfortable to you?

LBJ: Well, I mean, I enjoy the competition. And whatever it takes throughout the competition I'm fine with. I don't enjoy being as non‑efficient as I was. I don't enjoy that. I don't enjoy dribbling the ball for countless seconds on the shot clock and the team looking at me to make a play. We had 14 assists tonight. I had nine of them. I did not enjoy that. That's not winning basketball.

Like I said, we had two big‑time playmakers on the sideline. We've got another one that's been out since early in the season. And it was what I had to do. It was what was needed. If I could have gave more, I would have done it, but I gave everything I had.

and dumbass JR Smith are taking the shot

:lol:lol. comparing apples to apples.....Lebron's game was never that of a scorer whereas Jordan was give me the ball so I can rip out your heart. Continuing to pound on James for not being a true scorer or deferring to much doesn't add up. It isn't nor never will be his game. Recognizing the beauty in what he does is the magic just as enjoying the beauty in Jordan / Kobe wanting the ball to crush your dreams....

I can entertain the discussion of Jordan being overrated but not when discussion comes from an excuse-laden LBJ fan who finds every reason to give LBJ a pass on his continued Finals failures and every reason to give any player not named Jordan credit for his Jordan's legacy. You sir are the unreasonable one. ;)

Lebron was trash against the Mavs, cramped up, outcoached, outplayed by the Spurs and missed some big shots in the fourth in game 6. He has some bad game, just as Jordan did. Jordan never was 100% in the clutch, neither is Lebron.

I read that.....assuming the context is valid, James comes across as a jerk. I get certain players have the liberty to change plays / have input (Manning good example) but in the manner described in the article doesn't paint James in a good light

Said this earlier, Blatt is Lebrons *****. Blatt lets Lebron kick him around. Rightfully so, Blatt is not a great head coach.

In the final five seconds of playoffs game Jordan is 5-11. Lebron is 6-12. Not much of a difference.

Wowee...Bronie just keeps getting classier and classier...

[/LIST]

Full Article:

LeBron's handling of Blatt unbecoming - Marc Stein - ESPN

:lol:lol. comparing apples to apples.....Lebron's game was never that of a scorer whereas Jordan was give me the ball so I can rip out your heart. Continuing to pound on James for not being a true scorer or deferring to much doesn't add up. It isn't nor never will be his game. Recognizing the beauty in what he does is the magic just as enjoying the beauty in Jordan / Kobe wanting the ball to crush your dreams....

That's what's really frustrating about watching James play. Everyone knows he's the best player on the floor at all times and a complete freak of an athletic specimen. 6'8 and 250 lbs? He's a goddamn monster. :lol

That's what's really frustrating about watching James play. Everyone knows he's the best player on the floor at all times and a complete freak of an athletic specimen. 6'8 and 250 lbs? He's a goddamn monster. :lol

A compliment.... about James?

Are you okay?

True.....the finals showed what he could do with an elevated scorers mentality and look at his nbrs. If he went full retard who knows what may happen but it won't .... Even knowing he was everything, he still kept some of "his game" so he differed. It doesn't make him less of a player just different then Jordan. If James tried to change his game to be a cold blooded scorer, it'd been like asking Jordan to change his game and defer on the big shots.....why?

Last edited:
A compliment.... about James?

Are you okay?
Write it down, there won't be many more. ;)

True.....the finals showed what he could do with an elevated scorers mentality and look at his nbrs. If he went full retard who knows what may happen but it won't .... Even knowing he was everything, he still kept some of "his game" so he differed. It doesn't make him less of a player just different then Jordan. If
James tried to change his game to be a cold blooded scorer, it'd been like asking Jordan to change his game and defer on the big shots.....why?

Jordan didn't need to change his game, so there's no reason to ask him to do so. If Lebron wants to defer for 3 quarters that's fine, but if he wants to be 'The King' then he'll need to step up and deliver with games on the line and not depend on JR Smith and Ray Allen to deliver game winning, Finals clenching shots or he'll never get that monkey off his back.

Jordan didn't need to change his game, so there's no reason to ask him to do so. If Lebron wants to defer for 3 quarters that's fine, but if he wants to be 'The King' then he'll need to step up and deliver with games on the line and not depend on JR Smith and Ray Allen to deliver game winning, Finals clenching shots or he'll never get that monkey off his back.

In James defense, he had a great game 7 against the spurs to clinch the title.

James doesn't need to change his game, he needs the right pieces. If he had a healthy cold blooded scorer (ie. Westbrook, Durant, Curry etc.) and a solid supporting cast I believe they'd be dominate. I love Irving but I am not certain he is the cold blood needed and I made it known long time ago about Love. I consider James incredibly successful both individually and team wise.....He IS the greatest player on the planet :wink1:

Everyone attributes success by championships which is indeed important. Haters / fans alike will find their reasons for the four losses. Personally, I don't fault him for the games lost in Cle as the talent he had on the court was subpar........Miami falls back on him. He had the cast to win and dropped the ball.

A healthy Irving, James and Love next year with the right supporting pieces, we will be back challenging again. No need to change his game....

Back