General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which Butler? I'm hoping to see a lot of movement and excitement in FA this year. Hopefully the knicks will pick someone up so we can stop hearing Melo whine about the team that is overpaying his selfish ass.

which Butler? I'm hoping to see a lot of movement and excitement in FA this year. Hopefully the knicks will pick someone up so we can stop hearing Melo whine about the team that is overpaying his selfish ass.

Jimmy Butler. Although the Bulls say they will match any offer, Im not sure why they would pay a guy 20 million for one year when it is clear he will leave after 2016. I say they let him walk or a possible sign and trade with the Lakers.

Lakers will probably make the Playoffs if Kobe stays healthy, Butler signs, Clarkson, Randle, Russel, Nance develop, and they sign a quality big.

PG: Clarkson SG: Kobe SF: Butler PF: Randle C: Aldridge or Monroe or a Lopez Brother
Bench, Russel, Young, Nance, Resign Ed Davis

Lakers could contend for a playoff spot or of course they fail to sign a quality big and there rookies struggle, then they are back to the basement.

Lopez is set to stay in NJ. A Texas team is front runner for Aldridge and I think Monroe will go to New York . If they let butler go to la, rose will leave, no doubt about it.

Bulls offer Jimmy Butler five years, $90 million. I know the salary cap increases again in subsequent years, but that's a LOT of cheddar to leave on the table, LOL.

To his credit, he is postponing meetings with the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers, and Mavs.

Jimmy Butler. Although the Bulls say they will match any offer, Im not sure why they would pay a guy 20 million for one year when it is clear he will leave after 2016. I say they let him walk or a possible sign and trade with the Lakers.

Lakers will probably make the Playoffs if Kobe stays healthy, Butler signs, Clarkson, Randle, Russel, Nance develop, and they sign a quality big.

PG: Clarkson SG: Kobe SF: Butler PF: Randle C: Aldridge or Monroe or a Lopez Brother
Bench, Russel, Young, Nance, Resign Ed Davis

Lakers could contend for a playoff spot or of course they fail to sign a quality big and there rookies struggle, then they are back to the basement.

I'm totally fine with one more year of crap so we can get one more lottery pick and then sign a couple really big names next year after Kobe comes off the books.

Ok, had no idea Aldridge wanted to be a Laker. I still don't see that happening but hey, I'll take that in a heart beat. Maybe then Durant next year? :lol

Last edited:
Lopez is set to stay in NJ. A Texas team is front runner for Aldridge and I think Monroe will go to New York . If they let butler go to la, rose will leave, no doubt about it.

Aldridge has the Lakers as his #2. Spurs 1st, then Blazers, then Mavs according to reports.

Bulls offer Jimmy Butler five years, $90 million. I know the salary cap increases again in subsequent years, but that's a LOT of cheddar to leave on the table, LOL.

To his credit, he is postponing meetings with the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers, and Mavs.

He is betting on himself. He thinks he can have a good 15-16, then sign a bigger max in 16-17.

I'm totally fine with one more year of crap so we can get one more lottery pick and then sign a couple really big names next year after Kobe comes off the books.

Ok, had no idea Aldridge wanted to be a Laker. I still don't see that happening but hey, I'll take that in a heart beat. Maybe then Durant next year? :lol

Honestly.... there are lot of ifs for the Lakers, but if there rookies/sophomores develop (Clarkson, Russel, Randle, Nance), if they get Aldridge, and sign a quality Center. I could see Durant considering the Lakers.

Aldridge has the Lakers as his #2. Spurs 1st, then Blazers, then Mavs according to reports.

He is betting on himself. He thinks he can have a good 15-16, then sign a bigger max in 16-17.

Honestly.... there are lot of ifs for the Lakers, but if there rookies/sophomores develop (Clarkson, Russel, Randle, Nance), if they get Aldridge, and sign a quality Center. I could see Durant considering the Lakers.

There's a lot of ifs but it's also the Lakers. Sure they aren't in contention now but there's always something interesting brewing and players are attracted to LA no matter what. If we play our cards right, we should have a great team in a few years and possibly a contender in 4 or 5. Even though being a title contender is awesome, I'm a little excited to be in a rebuilding phase to see who becomes a star, who we might nab as a FA, etc.

There's a lot of ifs but it's also the Lakers. Sure they aren't in contention now but there's always something interesting brewing and players are attracted to LA no matter what. If we play our cards right, we should have a great team in a few years and possibly a contender in 4 or 5. Even though being a title contender is awesome, I'm a little excited to be in a rebuilding phase to see who becomes a star, who we might nab as a FA, etc.

Three future all stars possibly at PG, SG, PF. Plus, the cap is around what... $70 million this year? Lakers should have a good 30 million to spend this offseason and another 40 million the next with Kobe gone and increased cap.

I would be surprised if more players don't follow what Lebron is going to do. He defn has his mind set on getting payed top dollar every year that he has left. Butler is going to stay, no doubt in my mind.

A lot of noise but I have a feeling the only prime time player that'll relocate is Aldridge. If he wants to win Spurs if he wants something else....Lakers.

Davis back to Pels with 5/145 and Kawhi back to Spurs for 5/90.

Blazers sign Al Farouq Aminu. Four years, 30 million for a guy who averaged 5pts and 5reb a game. If I was that tall I could do that to.

I would be surprised if more players don't follow what Lebron is going to do. He defn has his mind set on getting payed top dollar every year that he has left. Butler is going to stay, no doubt in my mind.

To maximize one's earning potential, that is the best bet...but imagine betting on yourself, signing a one or two year deal in hopes of cashing in again, and tearing your ACL or some other career threatening injury. Just playing devil's advocate.

Davis back to Pels with 5/145 and Kawhi back to Spurs for 5/90.

Blazers sign Al Farouq Aminu. Four years, 30 million for a guy who averaged 5pts and 5reb a game. If I was that tall I could do that to.

The lower tier players are going to get their's. Why? Because with the salary cap rising again, these contracts aren't such an albatross for NBA teams.

Great article on the impending salary cap increases:

The Eight Biggest NBA Free-Agency Questions «

A few highlights:

Over the full five years, Aldridge could earn about $35 million more double-dipping in free agency than by signing the longest possible contract with the Blazers this summer. THIRTY-FIVE MILLION. Only a fool would ignore that.
[Biggest argument for shorter deals]

Short-term deals carry risk, of course, and Durant has undergone three separate foot surgeries in the last eight months. Aldridge has been mostly healthy, but he’s also approaching 30; is it a lock that he’ll still be a max-level guy at age 32?
[Argument for the security of a long term contract]

It’s easy to look at spreadsheets and conclude a star player should cycle between short-term deals, just as LeBron is doing in Cleveland. But LeBron is a cyborg, injuries are real, and it’s hard for guys in the middle of (relatively) short careers to turn down a guaranteed $90 million when all they have to do is pick up a freaking pen. Would you have the balls to do that?

Almost any deal with a solid player at $15 million or below this summer will look fine once the cap cracks $100 million. Have a jones for Khris Middleton? MAX HIM OUT. Hesitant to snap up Monroe in free agency because you already have one decent low-post guy? SIGN HIM ANYWAY. Does $12 million for DeMarre Carroll or Danny Green seem insane? They’re in their primes, and they do very important NBA things well. GO GET THEM. Barring disaster, all these guys will be on tradable contracts if the fit isn’t ideal on your team...[Khris] Middleton might be a max player this summer, but that doesn’t mean he’ll be a max player in two years. Green might be a $12 million player under any cap level, and if he knows that, you might be able to get him for four years.

Carrol sign with the Raptors for 4/60 and now Millsap might jump ship to the Magic for 4/80.

Lillard gets max from Blazers for 5/120

Green resigns with the Spurs for 4/45 and the Spurs traded Splitter to Hawks to create cap space for Aldridge... if they can get him to sign.

Spurs could have five all stars starting for them... Parker, Green, Leonard, Aldridge, Duncan

Carrol sign with the Raptors for 4/60 and now Millsap might jump ship to the Magic for 4/80.

Lillard gets max from Blazers for 5/120

Green resigns with the Spurs for 4/45 and the Spurs traded Splitter to Hawks to create cap space for Aldridge... if they can get him to sign.

Spurs could have five all stars starting for them... Parker, Green, Leonard, Aldridge, Duncan

I'm not sure I can call Green an allstar.

I'm not sure I can call Green an allstar.

His defensive abilities are severely underrated and he is a great three point shooter... especially in the 2013 finals, he came up big. He knows his role within the system. Maybe not an All-Star considering the guards in the West... but still, I think a good signing for the Spurs.

According to "sources", Jimmy Butler takes the safe route and agrees to five years, $90 million with the Bulls.

His defensive abilities are severely underrated and he is a great three point shooter... especially in the 2013 finals, he came up big. He knows his role within the system. Maybe not an All-Star considering the guards in the West... but still, I think a good signing for the Spurs.

I agree, good solid player and can definitely be a starter. If Ginobili retires, this will be a great opportunity for Green to step up and play more minutes.

According to "sources", Jimmy Butler takes the safe route and agrees to five years, $90 million with the Bulls.

Yea, probably the right move on his part. Question is how far does this team go with Butler and Rose?

Back