General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I care about is the FACT that my favorite player lead my favorite team to a title almost 5 years ago to the day

You fellas can debate GOATS and goats and everything else but the image of Dirk hoisting the O'Brien trophy over his head will last forever with me, and that makes me a happy Chewbacca.

How does one know what cannot be proven or yet to be proven? Hell...what if....Iverson practiced......could this conversation be null and void :panic:

Cop out. If LeBron was as great as MJ, you wouldn't be singing that tune. Since MJ personally kept your "state" team from winning anything significant, your bias is obvious. You don't quote any of jedi's threads or comment on the imaginary titles he's passing out to your 2-6 hero. However, you follow the MULTIPLE posts of the "pack mentality" and try to question or disprove any comments on MJ. You basically state that GOAT conversations are worthless and beneath you when in reality, you're just another fan of a team MJ kept from a title. If you are so against the idea of a GOAT, you don't have to participate in any of the conversations about it here. Instead, you just drop in and stir up a little **** from time to time to try and rile up peeps that are legitimately having basketball conversations about their opinions on players and their place in the history of the league. You are worse than jedi. He's just an ignorant kid who doesn't know any better. You do.

As for MJ possibly winning more titles if he didn't retire...he may or may not have. Is there a chance? I'd say better than Iverson's if he practiced or LeBron's chances on your state team. The beauty of it is...it doesn't matter. MJ's actual accomplishments speak for themselves. You and jedi keep holding on while LeBron and others continue to try and catch up.

Big game tonight. Splash bros need to show up.

I hope Cleveland blows them out again. Turn this series into a best of 3. That's when things will get interesting. Does GS begin to doubt themselves? Do Cavs fans begin to believe they have a chance? Does GS pull a New England and choke with history on the line? Do LeBron lover's finally get a chance to gloat here if he does the unimaginable and actually wins the title while playing in Cleveland (and the state of Ohio)? The tension and drama around here would be palatable if this series is notched at 2. If GS wins tonight, all of the things I mentioned are off the table. Oh well, I guess we can always go back to our GOAT discussions.

Cop out. If LeBron was as great as MJ, you wouldn't be singing that tune. Since MJ personally kept your "state" team from winning anything significant, your bias is obvious. You don't quote any of jedi's threads or comment on the imaginary titles he's passing out to your 2-6 hero. However, you follow the MULTIPLE posts of the "pack mentality" and try to question or disprove any comments on MJ. You basically state that GOAT conversations are worthless and beneath you when in reality, you're just another fan of a team MJ kept from a title. If you are so against the idea of a GOAT, you don't have to participate in any of the conversations about it here. Instead, you just drop in and stir up a little **** from time to time to try and rile up peeps that are legitimately having basketball conversations about their opinions on players and their place in the history of the league. You are worse than jedi. He's just an ignorant kid who doesn't know any better. You do.

As for MJ possibly winning more titles if he didn't retire...he may or may not have. Is there a chance? I'd say better than Iverson's if he practiced or LeBron's chances on your state team. The beauty of it is...it doesn't matter. MJ's actual accomplishments speak for themselves. You and jedi keep holding on while LeBron and others continue to try and catch up.

Wrong again....the thread you posted was me asking how someone can know what hasn't happened "LeBron winning 4 titles to catch MJ".. I did pop in on a Jedi fantasy thread and ask the question. Otherwise I simply ask questions and point to other thoughts that people may not buy in the GOAT speak....because your a sheep who needs to belong to a popular line of thinking and cannot understand others may have a different view point speaks volumes about you. Do I hope Lebron wins...sure but am I going to lose sleep over it or go in a rage when all you Jordanarres make post slamming James.....nope. Speak to what you know which is your wanting to polish Jordan's knob and not my intent or thinking :wink1:

Wrong again....the thread you posted was me asking how someone can know what hasn't happened "LeBron winning 4 titles to catch MJ".. I did pop in on a Jedi fantasy thread and ask the question. Otherwise I simply ask questions and point to other thoughts that people may not buy in the GOAT speak....because your a sheep who needs to belong to a popular line of thinking and cannot understand others may have a different view point speaks volumes about you. Do I hope Lebron wins...sure but am I going to lose sleep over it or go in a rage when all you Jordanarres make post slamming James.....nope. Speak to what you know which is your wanting to polish Jordan's knob and not my intent or thinking :wink1:

You are simply a hypocrite. If GOAT discussions aren't your thing, don't partake in them. I couldn't care less that there are 2 of you here that don't share my or others opinions. That's not even an issue. I won't lose any sleep over the fact that you or anyone else disagrees with me. As for polishing MJ's knob, I'll leave that to LeBron while he's wearing his 23 jersey. He's doing a great job of it so far. Don't be a hater, go ahead and join him.

You are simply a hypocrite. If GOAT discussions aren't your thing, don't partake in them. I couldn't care less that there are 2 of you here that don't share my or others opinions. That's not even an issue. I won't lose any sleep over the fact that you or anyone else disagrees with me. As for polishing MJ's knob, I'll leave the to LeBron while he's wearing his 23 jersey. He's doing a great job of it so far. Don't be a hater, go ahead and join him.

I'm not the one blowing a gasket because of a little challenge to my way of thinking...besides always thought discussions could have two sides otherwise it's a petting session....maybe that's what you need soft n easy ...:pfft:

I hope Cleveland blows them out again. Turn this series into a best of 3. That's when things will get interesting. Does GS begin to doubt themselves? Do Cavs fans begin to believe they have a chance? Does GS pull a New England and choke with history on the line? Do LeBron lover's finally get a chance to gloat here if he does the unimaginable and actually wins the title while playing in Cleveland (and the state of Ohio)? The tension and drama around here would be palatable if this series is notched at 2. If GS wins tonight, all of the things I mentioned are off the table. Oh well, I guess we can always go back to our GOAT discussions.

I think the whole doubting themselves question was answered not to long ago. Remember when they were down 3-1 and pretty much left for dead by most? Then they won game 5 and then it was they will never win in OKC. Then they won in OKC, and then it was they are down in game 7 at half. I think they have shown they have no doubt in themselves.

I think the whole doubting themselves question was answered not to long ago. Remember when they were down 3-1 and pretty much left for dead by most? Then they won game 5 and then it was they will never win in OKC. Then they won in OKC, and then it was they are down in game 7 at half. I think they have shown they have no doubt in themselves.

I totally agree with you. I'm speaking more from a fan's perspective. As fans, we tend to hang on every shot and every game. It makes conversations around here more interesting. You can almost see the nervous energy we fans feel when things take a turn for the worse. I have certainly been guilty of that. When the Wings put the Blackhawks down 3-1 back in their '13 NHL playoff series, I definitely felt that the series was over and had more than a little anxiety while watching the Wings storm out to a 3-1 series lead. Fans tend to be nervous and wait for the other shoe to drop all the time. As someone who has no skin in this series, I do think that GS will get it done. However, I'd like to see this become a best of 3 series. They cream usually rises to the top in those occasions and the basketball is fun to watch if the games are close.

Last edited:
I'm not the one blowing a gasket because of a little challenge to my way of thinking...besides always thought discussions could have two sides otherwise it's a petting session....maybe that's what you need soft n easy ...:pfft:

You haven't seen me blow a gasket. For the record, I'll try to state my thoughts one more time. It's not an issue when you don't agree with someone. It's not an issue to question someone. It's not an issue to have a different point of view on a topic. That said, you have labeled those who disagree with you as "part of a heard mentality and sheep". That's nothing more than a backhanded way of dismissing someone who doesn't agree with you. Also for the record, I don't want you to pet me. I just wouldn't enjoy it.

I don't think we'll convince others who the GOAT is. The defining line is ambiguous, multi-factorial and not an apple-to-apple comparisons. You can't solely base it on how successful the player was - although considered. Besides, we're all either ignorant or ignoring to address the elephant in the room as to who the true GOAT is. Yep, that's right . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . the White Mamba, Brian Scalabrine. Two-time NBA Champion, only player to average a double-triple in multiple seasons and first player to become the unanimous Rookie-of-the-Year two times in a row.

I read Beiber was booed by Cavs crowd then he got into a tisk which he lost. Way to represent Cle....

What surprised me was the fans booing when Varejao first touched the ball. He didn't choose the Warriors over Cleveland; Cleveland let him go for Channing Frye.

I don't think we'll convince others who the GOAT is. The defining line is ambiguous, multi-factorial and not an apple-to-apple comparisons. You can't solely base it on how successful the player was - although considered. Besides, we're all either ignorant or ignoring to address the elephant in the room as to who the true GOAT is. Yep, that's right . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . the White Mamba, Brian Scalabrine. Two-time NBA Champion, only player to average a double-triple in multiple seasons and first player to become the unanimous Rookie-of-the-Year two times in a row.

What surprised me was the fans booing when Varejao first touched the ball. He didn't choose the Warriors over Cleveland; Cleveland let him go for Channing Frye.

I totally agree that any conversation about a GOAT in any sport will be pretty hotly debated. However, there usually is a consensus as to who that person is. Especially in the NBA. The conversation in basketball is a little easier to have. All players can score points, all players can rebound/block shots, and all players can defend. With other sports, it can be far more difficult. Take the NFL for example. Not all players will play defense and not all players will play on offense. It becomes a harder choice to declare someone in the NFL the GOAT. If a player is picked, it most certainly will be an offensive player chosen. That pretty much dismisses any great defensive player in the conversation of NFL GOAT. Realistically, the best we can do is discuss the GOAT of each position on a team. Well, that's really opening up a can of differing opinions. IMO, the only position player I can truly feel comfortable calling the GOAT is Jerry Rice. IMO, he set his accomplishments in the NFL so high, that everyone else is just scrambling for the 2nd spot. That said, I'm sure someone here might say Wes Welker is the GOAT or that I am sheep and part of a heard mentality for saying Rice is.

When it comes to the GOAT in the NBA, it's probably a little easier to have that conversation than just about in any other team sport and that's why so many people probably discuss the topic and there seems to be a general consensus.

As for White Mamba being discussed as the GOAT...hey, why not? He's got just as many rings as LeBron.

858639_detay.jpg

While we disagree on GOAT, you do seem much more sensible than Jedi I'll give you that :D

Not really. I have been saying the same things and all of you just never bother to read my posts or skip over because I know for a fact majority of you all just can't stand the fact of when I am right.

I have been saying to filip23 this is a subjective argument where fact doesn't exist, simply an opinion. It doesn't matter if majority thinks it is right, go throughout history and you will see the thousands of times the majority were wrong. That argument is useless.

I have been saying I'm not making an argument that LeBron is greater than MJ, only that he has done some things MJ has not and has a great chance to surpass him with more rings. Yet, you all fail to read or just forget the countless times I said this.

If any of you actually noticed I have been using your own words against you. Prayer shot, weak east, needed Pippen..... Those are all things you said about LeBron.... prayer shot, weak east, needed Wade..... yet when applied to Jordan.... you all go off the deep end. No need to bring up those 80s teams, Jordan won his titles in the 90s.... in the weak east. No need to bring up Wade, because Pippen. Prayer shot? Jordan had two.

The things you fault LeBron for are the things you Jordan fanatics give your idol a pass on.... or even make excuses and "what ifs" as a valid argument.

As for hating LeBron.... I don't know why anyone would.... other than the fact they are simply jealous and took things the wrong way because deep down they hate on successful people because they aren't one.

The decision... it was fine. The parade.... it was fine, it was a fun event for the fans. The "not one, two, three".... was a joke. It was fine. Yet majority of you continue to twist the words and actions of one man to a point where you actually are believing your own misguided theories and thoughts.

So, I expect a thousand excuses from the JFFC (Jordan Fanatics Fan Club). Does president of the club filip23 want to respond? Right hand man jstep23? Or loyal follower sarakawa?

Back