General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't it sad all the analysts are saying the 73 win GS season is useless because of the GM7 loss. Even the players said " Means Nothing " :slap

I believe the term used here is useless stat.......while an incredible accomplishment that'll fill the record book the ultimate goal for any team is a championship. Without it probably feels kinda hollow...

Re: NBA 2012-2013

image.jpeg

I think I read that all 4 major sports regular season record holders for wins ended without a title...

Warriors 73 wins, lost in NBA Finals
Red Wings 62 wins, lost in Western Conf Finals
Patriots 16 wins, lost in Superbowl
Mariners 116 wins, lost in ALCS/Cubs 116 wins, lost in World Series

I'm thinking Dwight Howard is going to GS. The only thing that would stop this from happening is pure greed on his end. Howard has to realize what he's really worth is not the same as what he thinks he's worth.

I hope Lebron stays in Cleveland, just for Kyrie's sake. Kyrie's great but he won't win again in Cleveland without Lebron, unless Durant goes to Cleveland after Lebron leaves.:panic:

Lebron isn't going anywhere, not now anyway. He'll get another max, short term deal. Could be wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.

Lebron's staying put, no doubt. Howard in GS really would spell the beginning of the end for GS...that guy is the opposite of a champion. Also, the 73 win season is pretty much meaningless without the title. No one will care except that they lost and that's all it will remind people of.

All I know is that Stormtroopers shoot better than Harrison Barnes and that money for him would be spent better elsewhere.

According to Stephen A Smith... LeBron is considering the Lakers :rotfl

Wow...I said give it a day and I was right. i don't want him going anywhere but he kept his promise to Cle. If he wants more rings then a more attractive place then Cle could be an option. I read rumors all season about "what ifs" and this kept popping up (leaving if won title not necessarily to Lakers). I believe rumors are based loosely on some level of creditability...I wouldn't say it's outrageous to think he'd leave.

He's leaving again? Cripes. :lol

He did what he needed to do - end a city's 52-year title drought - and he's free to do whatever he wants with his career but I'd like to see him stay put.

Lebron's staying put, no doubt. Howard in GS really would spell the beginning of the end for GS...that guy is the opposite of a champion. Also, the 73 win season is pretty much meaningless without the title. No one will care except that they lost and that's all it will remind people of.

Howard is still a solid big man who can score and block shots. He's the only one in that description I can think of that's on the market right now, but if there is somebody else out there GS needs to get them. They could very easily be champions right now so I'm not buying into any talk of the team falling apart next year. The big guys they have now just aren't good enough to pick up the slack when the smaller players are off there game.

And if they keep Barnes and Varejao it'll bite them again next year in the playoffs. Probably be out in the first or second round.

Yeah he wanted the option to leave. It would have been PR suicide to leave before winning after the letter coupled with the decision. They might not have just burned his jerseys, they may had tried to burn him in the jersey. He is free and clear now. I would say you can't count the draw of going somewhere to bring them back(say the Lakers but he would have to have someone else coming with him) but can't rule out the draw of being their to hang a banner.

LeBron stays one more year, then in 2017 when all of his friends contracts are up, they can make a move to LA.

Back