General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeBron will stay. He's already known for being a ring chasing whore. Why not try and clean up that image just a little before he retires and does awful obnoxious commercials like Kobe has resorted to full-time.

Well he does think Tom Brady is the GOAT, so you might be right. :lol

Well... in regards to the NBA he is a joke. Only thing he said right was that Brady is GOAT. He will be the all time leader in wins, yards, and touchdowns when he retires. Plus with a fifth ring coming this season, there will be no debate.

I think you guys are flat out crazy to think Lebron is going to leave again. The only reason he did the first time is cause he had a lousy coach and no robin to his batman. They don't even really need love in the long run, but Irving is a stud and is not in his prime yet. In the east, who knows how many more finals he will be in. I think he finally has a coach he really respects too.

I say trade love still, for some good young big man or top 5 draft pick, clear salary and have room for a big time free agent in the short future. Love is still capable of being a 20/10 guy on a decent team. Lebron understands legacy too much now to leave again.

I think you guys are flat out crazy to think Lebron is going to leave again. The only reason he did the first time is cause he had a lousy coach and no robin to his batman. They don't even really need love in the long run, but Irving is a stud and is not in his prime yet. In the east, who knows how many more finals he will be in. I think he finally has a coach he really respects too.

I say trade love still, for some good young big man or top 5 draft pick, clear salary and have room for a big time free agent in the short future. Love is still capable of being a 20/10 guy on a decent team. Lebron understands legacy too much now to leave again.

Who would they get?

For next year, I'm just talking big men draft picks with potential or maybe even try and get Okefor from Phi since they seem willing to deal anyone. Also, Griffin and Adams will be free agents in 2017. Deal Love while he still has value and get some young talent to build around Lebron for the next 5 years instead of banking on desperate Vets coming to play for one year.

Was away from the computer pretty much all day yesterday, so some last minute replies and thoughts...

41 with a 1 yr old.....mad props

Thanks, man. It was a pleasant surprise. Pretty tough being a father to a newborn again after 10 years (my other kids are 10 and 11), but it's worth it.

I'm not saying I buy it either, I am saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Do you think Cavs make major moves this off season or stay put?

I still think Kevin Love is much maligned. When he, LeBron, and Kyrie are all healthy and start together, they are 65-17 dating back to last 1/13/2015 (yes, a seemingly randomly chosen date, I know). Love doesn't need to be a 20+ point scorer on this team. Having said that, there was some noise (as usual) that the T-Wolves were prepared to offer the 5th pick and other assets for Jimmy Butler. There's also some noise that Boston is willing to offer the #3 pick for Kevin Love. I'm not sure how substantial these rumors are, and it's entirely dependent on Chicago, but if the Cavs could trade Kevin Love for the #3 pick and then flip that pick and assets for Jimmy Butler, I would give that some hard thought. That would give the Cavs a tough nosed, perimeter defender to match up against Klay Thompson, who the Cavs could possibly be seeing for years in the Finals.

Howard is still a solid big man who can score and block shots. He's the only one in that description I can think of that's on the market right now, but if there is somebody else out there GS needs to get them. They could very easily be champions right now so I'm not buying into any talk of the team falling apart next year. The big guys they have now just aren't good enough to pick up the slack when the smaller players are off there game.

And if they keep Barnes and Varejao it'll bite them again next year in the playoffs. Probably be out in the first or second round.

Charles Barkley said that a jump shooting team can't win a championship last year, and after GS won, they trolled him (in a friendly way, I guess) by sending him a t-shirt that said "Jump shooting team 1, Charles Barkley 0". Barkley doubled down again this year, and I wonder if GS will send him a new shirt that says "1-1" :lol. The jump shots that were falling earlier in the series for GS weren't as fatigue wore in. The Warriors need someone who can manufacture "easy" points in the paint. As versatile as Draymond Green is at PF, he's not a back to the basket offensive player. The Warriors need someone like Boris Diaw or David West (who coincidentally was on a one year contract with the Spurs) to provide some post scoring.

And finally, man what a scorer Kyrie Irving is. NBA fans and analysts have been gushing over Steph Curry and his insane shooting. They've gushed over Westbrook and his incredible athleticism at the 1. They've gushed over Chris Paul floor leadership. It's pretty insane that Kyrie Irving, with his pedigree as a #1 overall pick, has fell by the wayside and out of the conversation as one of the top PGs in the Association. I'm sure his injury had something to do it, but while he may not have Steph's range, he can shoot the hell out of the ball, and use the glass to perfection. And he can finish around the basket way better than Steph. Such an incredible talent.

Was away from the computer pretty much all day yesterday, so some last minute replies and thoughts...

Thanks, man. It was a pleasant surprise. Pretty tough being a father to a newborn again after 10 years (my other kids are 10 and 11), but it's worth it.

I still think Kevin Love is much maligned. When he, LeBron, and Kyrie are all healthy and start together, they are 65-17 dating back to last 1/13/2015 (yes, a seemingly randomly chosen date, I know). Love doesn't need to be a 20+ point scorer on this team. Having said that, there was some noise (as usual) that the T-Wolves were prepared to offer the 5th pick and other assets for Jimmy Butler. There's also some noise that Boston is willing to offer the #3 pick for Kevin Love. I'm not sure how substantial these rumors are, and it's entirely dependent on Chicago, but if the Cavs could trade Kevin Love for the #3 pick and then flip that pick and assets for Jimmy Butler, I would give that some hard thought. That would give the Cavs a tough nosed, perimeter defender to match up against Klay Thompson, who the Cavs could possibly be seeing for years in the Finals.

Charles Barkley said that a jump shooting team can't win a championship last year, and after GS won, they trolled him (in a friendly way, I guess) by sending him a t-shirt that said "Jump shooting team 1, Charles Barkley 0". Barkley doubled down again this year, and I wonder if GS will send him a new shirt that says "1-1" :lol. The jump shots that were falling earlier in the series for GS weren't as fatigue wore in. The Warriors need someone who can manufacture "easy" points in the paint. As versatile as Draymond Green is at PF, he's not a back to the basket offensive player. The Warriors need someone like Boris Diaw or David West (who coincidentally was on a one year contract with the Spurs) to provide some post scoring.

And finally, man what a scorer Kyrie Irving is. NBA fans and analysts have been gushing over Steph Curry and his insane shooting. They've gushed over Westbrook and his incredible athleticism at the 1. They've gushed over Chris Paul floor leadership. It's pretty insane that Kyrie Irving, with his pedigree as a #1 overall pick, has fell by the wayside and out of the conversation as one of the top PGs in the Association. I'm sure his injury had something to do it, but while he may not have Steph's range, he can shoot the hell out of the ball, and use the glass to perfection. And he can finish around the basket way better than Steph. Such an incredible talent.

I must confess to not having paid much attention to Kyrie until this past season but now it will be impossible for him to go under the radar. There's been so much talk about Curry being the new face of the NBA, well now I think Curry's been replaced by Kyrie in that conversation. When Curry is hot, there's nothing like it. He can be NBA Jam "on fire" shooting when gets on a roll, but Kyrie is just so great with his fundamentals and shooting I'd be surprised if he isn't in the running for MVP next season.

eeae291b1cc5cf354efe59957420aec8.jpg

Back