General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after being in retirement for two years, Ray Allen is considering playing again, and his first two choices are the Warriors and the Cavaliers, followed by the Spurs and the Clippers.

He's 41, be he can still be an effective situational shooter.

Cavs cannot afford Wade, and I don't see LeBron taking a $10 million paycut to make room

That's what I thought. I believe Miami is offering 2 years at $40 million. That's $20 million a year. How would the Cavs be able to squeeze him under the cap? Assuming Wade is willing to leave Miami for Cleveland (and that's a big assumption), I can't see Wade doing it for less money than what Miami is offering him. He already has 3 rings. It's not like he has to chase championships. I think he's just trying to leverage more money/years out of Miami.

So after being in retirement for two years, Ray Allen is considering playing again, and his first two choices are the Warriors and the Cavaliers, followed by the Spurs and the Clippers.

He's 41, be he can still be an effective situational shooter.

GS has plenty of shooters. Spurs are getting old so I doubt they'll want to add a 41 year old player to the roster. Maybe the Cavs or Clippers will show interest. :dunno

He was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. He knows exactly what he's getting into.

How old was he when he left? I'm pretty sure his body has been acclimated to the weather in South Beach over the years. I'm telling you, this first winter back is going to be tough for him.

How old was he when he left? I'm pretty sure his body has been acclimated to the weather in South Beach over the years. I'm telling you, this first winter back is going to be tough for him.

I believe he left in '03. However, he's comes back here quite a bit over the years. Especially for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. He has LOTS of family in the area. He'll definitely have an adjustment period but he knows exactly what's waiting for him.

Back