General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On paper, I'm not sure if any team current or past could beat this GS team.All that talent and the finals mvp still comes off the bench for them....smh.Only chance is to destroy them in the paint and get them in foul trouble.

3-Peat Shaq's Lakers would crush them.

Pistons, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics 80's - 90's Championship teams could beat them. If they played by the old rules everyone on GS would be injured and if they used todays rules nobody could stop Jordan, Bird, Magic or any of those guys.

I disagree. It's interesting to think about, but I think Shaq would be great on offense, but get dismantled on defense and Kobe/Durant would be a wash. Your then left with the 2 best shooters ever.

Pistons, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics 80's - 90's Championship teams could beat them. If they played by the old rules everyone on GS would be injured and if they used todays rules nobody could stop Jordan, Bird, Magic or any of those guys.

Possibly, but I'm talking todays rules. It was pretty evident the Cavs were able to wear down GS at times with the physical play, but now with Durant, I don't think anyone will have enough firepower.

I'm not a believer in that mind set that those older era guys would never be stopped just because they played in a more physical time period. I think Kobe/ Lebron could easily equate to Jordan/Magic in the more physical era from a pure talent and skills point of view. Players flop so much now because the refs allow it. If they didn't, you'd never see it.

lol Kanter
Don't waste and burn anymore jerseys #ThunderNation Here is a good idea
Cm0COCkUcAA3rai.jpg:large

Tim Duncan just announced his retirement.

Will go down as the best power forward of all time.

I'm glad he did it like this and didn't do the year long media "look at me" tour... he kept it low key just like he did everything. Happy Retirement Tim.

Man, Tim Duncan retiring makes me think back about all the amazing battles between the Spurs and the Lakers. I spent soooo much time hating him:lol Just goes to show how great of a player he was with what he accomplished. Definitely best PF of all time. Enjoy your time off TD!
usatsi_5037458_153192880_lowres-e1415984332763.jpg

Though it wasn't his sole position, I can't put Timmy over Larry Bird. I think I would give him the edge over Karl Malone just due to his championships, though. Certainly an all-time great, no doubt about it.

Yeah, though Larry Bird played power forward at times, and Tim Duncan played center, both were considered small forward and power forward, respectively.

Back