General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder what the NBA thinks of Trump being the president. Better not complain about color oppression now :slap

Wrong thread (response should have been in the NFL thread), but ---> C'MON, MAN!!!

(For clarification, it's a legit thought, but let's keep politics out of the sports threads)

Looks like Klay is easing out of his slump after last night. The Warriors are far from clicking on all cylinders, but they are showing flashes of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like once again it's going to be whoever comes out of the West v Cleveland.

I don't know what's going on with the Wizards. A couple of years ago they were just one player away from being a major contender in the East. Now they're back to the bottom of the heap again.

I don't know what's going on with the Wizards. A couple of years ago they were just one player away from being a major contender in the East. Now they're back to the bottom of the heap again.

Looks like a combination of things. Wall and especially Beal have gone through their fair share of injuries. Also losing Ariza and getting used to a new coach might have played a factor. I maybe totally off but that's just my viewpoint as an outside observer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a combination of things. Wall and especially Beal have gone through their fair share of injuries. Also losing Ariza and getting used to a new coach might have played a factor. I maybe totally off but that's just my viewpoint as an outside observer.

That sounds about right. I always thought letting Ariza go was a mistake. He was the closest thing to Robert Horry the Wizards ever had. Clutch 3 point shooting and athleticism to go with it. I don't know how the new coach is affecting the team. I'm pretty sure the owners got him because they thought Durant might come home.

maybe Charlotte? lol Seriously, how are they playing this well so far? I agree, Lebron needs a new rivalry in the East. If Durant would've gone to Bos.......

Cle definitely needs some competition. I can't think of upcoming stars / teams that'd compete anytime soon unless a move is made to bring talent to the east. Knicks, Chicago, Toronto, Atlanta, Bucks, Magic, Heat, Boston, Nets, 76ers, Charlotte,Detroit, Indy, Washington.....nice pieces in parts but overall nada.

It's more fun to root against the Warriors because at least there is a chance out west

It's more fun to root against the Warriors because at least there is a chance out west

You mean cheer for the Warriors because they are so fun to watch, right? [emoji12]

I know people like to hate on the Warriors, but they have to be the most fun team in the league to watch. Why don't people just enjoy them?

Granted, this is coming from a guy who has been a Warriors fan for 35+ years.

I like to watch them when they are on fire because there's nothing else like it. It's like the Rams were when they had the greatest show on turf. Plus I'm a Lakers fan and grew up watching the showtime era so it reminds me a little bit of those days. But watching GS when they are struggling to make baskets is painful because they rely on jump shots too much and all you end up seeing is a bunch of bricks.

You mean cheer for the Warriors because they are so fun to watch, right? [emoji12]

I know people like to hate on the Warriors, but they have to be the most fun team in the league to watch. Why don't people just enjoy them?

Granted, this is coming from a guy who has been a Warriors fan for 35+ years.

Warriors make it easy to root against them IMO
Curry's wife is obnoxious
Green is a punk
Thompson is a moody schoolgirl
List goes on.....just play ball.

I'm not opposed to winning teams, it's a matter how they win. I always rooted for Spurs out west because they won with class and dignity for the most part.

Warriors make it easy to root against them IMO
Curry's wife is obnoxious
Green is a punk
Thompson is a moody schoolgirl
List goes on.....just play ball.

I'm not opposed to winning teams, it's a matter how they win. I always rooted for Spurs out west because they won with class and dignity for the most part.

Other than Green, I don't really see how you could hold anything against the other guys. Curry is one of the nicest and classiest guys ever. Thompson is a little hard on himself, but he's a perfectionist. I don't see that as a bad trait. I guess you can hate on Durant joining them....but the rest of the core players were drafted.

The Warriors do play "the right way", that's why Durant came here. All players are willing to make the extra pass, possibly to a fault.

Pretty much all the Warriors are perfect citizens...besides Draymond (who is a good guy, with some rough edges...Charles Barkley-like temperament). Actually that's pretty much a perfect personality comparison, though Barkley was probably even more over the top....but it was a different era.

If you were talking about the Clippers I'd understand your complaints, because those guys are whining all the time. Or John Wall these last few days.

I didn't mention anything about Curry, Durant how they play together or their standing in the community? Our viewpoints come from different perspectives you (as a fan) and me (not a fan) so the items I did mention the behaviors of Green and Thompson will be viewed totally differently.

Assuming I drank the Warriors cool aid, I cannot stomach Green. He may be a great guy off the court, funny whatnot. 4-5 best player on the team who compensates with questionable play and a big mouth is hard for me to support. Barkley (Garnett, Iverson, Miller etc) all had big mouths but backed it up by being the best player on their team which is altogether a different situation in my book.

I didn't mention anything about Curry, Durant how they play together or their standing in the community? Our viewpoints come from different perspectives you (as a fan) and me (not a fan) so the items I did mention the behaviors of Green and Thompson will be viewed totally differently.

Assuming I drank the Warriors cool aid, I cannot stomach Green. He may be a great guy off the court, funny whatnot. 4-5 best player on the team who compensates with questionable play and a big mouth is hard for me to support. Barkley (Garnett, Iverson, Miller etc) all had big mouths but backed it up by being the best player on their team which is altogether a different situation in my book.

All good and fair points. So I guess the only one I don't get is Klay. We all have our own views. My father always hated Shaq for weird reason, like how he smiled on the court. [emoji848]

You could always compare Draymond's role to Rodman with the Bulls, but I think Draymond has a bigger role than Rodman had....and Rodman is pretty crazy, even compared to Draymond.

The Warriors dropped 80 on the Lakers in the first half. And the Lakers have been playing pretty well too. The Warriors rubbed me the wrong way as well as I always thought they were too cocky. But I've drunk the Koop-aid since then. My God they are just a joy to watch! I love the way they pass and share the ball. A far cry from the ISO heavy slogfest that dominates the NBA today.

As for Draymond, say what you will about how he carries himself (ie. in last year's playoffs), but I would have him on my team 100%. The dude's been playing like a defensive MVP so far. I absolutely love his grit and his complete game.

Warriors are my team for the last 35 years, so I'm enjoying them. The scary thing is they are going to get even better.

I don't think there is any question that Draymond should be defensive player of the year so far. He's a great on the ball defender, can cover any position, and is a great off defender. He does it all at an extremely high level.

Back