General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a long suffering Raps fan here so I know it must feel somewhat gratifying to see your team have some semblance of success. Definitely better than tanking for that bottom 2-4 pick and griping about rigged draft lotteries that's for sure. :lol

I still recall the Warriors' fans booing Lacob during Mullin's retirement ceremony over the Ellis/Bogut deal. It was brutal seeing Mullin and then Berry get disrespected like that. But looking back that may have been the turning point for the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a long suffering Raps fan here so I know it must feel somewhat gratifying to see your team have some semblance of success. Definitely better than tanking for that bottom 2-4 pick and griping about rigged draft lotteries that's for sure. :lol

I still recall the Warriors' fans booing Lacob during Mullin's retirement ceremony over the Ellis/Bogut deal. It was brutal seeing Mullin and then Berry get disrespected like that. But looking back that may have been the turning point for the franchise.

Yeah that was a bad day. I always supported that move. The Warriors were going nowhere with Ellis as the number one option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread doesn't come alive until playoff time rolls around, but a gritty win by Memphis at Golden State tonight. The Grizzlies really are a throwback to 80s/90s NBA with their two Post monsters in Gasol and Zach Randolph.

If the playoffs were a one off game in the NBA, the Grizzlies would be legit title contenders. But as counter intuitive as it seems, their strength (gritty and grinding play) is their playoff weakness. It's hard to grind it out in a playoff series. The Grizzlies could grind through four games and win a playoff series, heck they could grind their way through two, maybe even three playoff series...but to grit and grind through four series and win 16 games to claim the NBA title? Too much to ask for.

But in a one off game, the Grizzlies can stand up to the league's most offensively explosive team and play bully ball and beat them, like they did tonight.

This thread doesn't come alive until playoff time rolls around, but a gritty win by Memphis at Golden State tonight. The Grizzlies really are a throwback to 80s/90s NBA with their two Post monsters in Gasol and Zach Randolph.

If the playoffs were a one off game in the NBA, the Grizzlies would be legit title contenders. But as counter intuitive as it seems, their strength (gritty and grinding play) is their playoff weakness. It's hard to grind it out in a playoff series. The Grizzlies could grind through four games and win a playoff series, heck they could grind their way through two, maybe even three playoff series...but to grit and grind through four series and win 16 games to claim the NBA title? Too much to ask for.

But in a one off game, the Grizzlies can stand up to the league's most offensively explosive team and play bully ball and beat them, like they did tonight.
Yeah, nice seeing Curry getting raped during the last play of the fourth quarter. Pfft. Robbed again

That one play decided the game? I'm sure losing a 19 point lead, shooting 1 for 13 on threes in the 4th, and missing free throws had nothing to do with it.

Support your team, but win graciously and lose graciously.

Last edited:
Grizzlies have never had enough fire power. It's pretty obvious that the GS kryptonite is physical ball if the last new Finals were any indication. Great pick up for Cle btw, just need a solid back up pg now.......Jack or Cole would fit the bill nicely.

Russell Westbrook's head probably exploded in sheer rage after the All-Starters were named. I pity whoever is playing OKC next. [emoji15]

Does the city of Houston not support the Rockets? I'm watching them play the Warriors, and I'm shocked how empty the arena is. It might not be half full. The upper areas seem completely empty too. I'd think this game would be very sold out!

c6f4345877346dd16eec53662fca8c18.jpg

Does the city of Houston not support the Rockets? I'm watching them play the Warriors, and I'm shocked how empty the arena is. It might not be half full. The upper areas seem completely empty too. I'd think this game would be very sold out!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170121/c6f4345877346dd16eec53662fca8c18.jpg[/IMG
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Big storm. People had a hard time getting there.

No good "storylines" this season so far. Thread picks up a little around the trade deadline, and then more come playoff time.

And I believe the league is still trying to add a couple more international teams. I can't see the owners being on board with that when the league isnt even competitive now adays. So many teams have been extremely disappointing. Its hard to believe that the east just gets worse outside of Cleveland.

Back