General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that series goes more than 5 games as some analysts seem to be predicting. Harden must've been drugged or paid off last night? That might be the worst performance from any team I have seen in a elimination game in my life time considering SA was without 2/3 top playoff scorers.

LMA is horrible when he gets double teamed. If he can't step his game up with Kawhi injured, SA really has no shot.

LMA scored, what 28? But he has to be able to score or efficiently pass out of the double team when Kawhi isn't in the game; with Manu at 39, LMA is the second best player on that team.

I know that Zaza has a history of being a ****, but this one didn't look as egregious as some that I've seen. He was already turning around/looking at the shot when Kawhi landed on him. Also, there were at least three occasions were Spurs got under Curry as he was landing on a three, but because he didn't get hurt (even with his glass ankles), no one is really talking about it. The really ****** part is that, even before Zaza got under him, Kawhi twisted the same injured ankle on his own teammate's foot WHO WAS SITTING ON THE BENCH! Talk about awful luck. Playing with an injured ankle isn't easy. Tweaking that same injury twice in the same game is just awful. Kawhi needs to be healthy and playing in this series.
The NBA probably needs to look at the rule again about giving players room to land on their shots. The trouble is, it's difficult to enforce except on the most obvious infractions.

I can't even recall the last time I've seen a player come down on someones foot like that, which tells me when players close out, they aren't doing what ***** face za za did.

I dunno. On one hand, I don't think that it was a premeditated move by Zaza to hurt Kawhi...but on the other hand, watching the play in slo mo, Zaza jumps to contest the shot (okay), lands (okay), then precedes to take another step, sliding into Kawhi's space (unnecessary). By no means am I comparing myself to an NBA player, but I play pick up ball regularly, and one simply jumps to contests a shot and then lands. You don't take another step towards the player unless he pump fakes.

Last edited:
Yeah ... I've sprained an ankle or two because of guys getting their feet under me on jump shots during pick up games. I get really riled up whenever a defender gets unnecessarily close when I shoot because in the back of my head it might happen again.

I'm not going to say Pachulia did that intentionally but he definitely was being reckless. Kawhi had nowhere to cleanly land after Zaza took that extra step.

I guess you could attribute that to an ungainly big man trying to contest a shot 22 feet away from the basket. Just doesn't sit right with me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even recall the last time I've seen a player come down on someones foot like that, which tells me when players close out, they aren't doing what ***** face za za did.

I too think it's a cheap move, but the irony of it happening against the Spurs can't be lost here. I don't know if Bruce Bowen invented the move, but he sure perfected it. Pop defended it as tough defense back then, but that's not totally shocking. Coaches defend their players. I just enjoy the humor in all of it.

I too think it's a cheap move, but the irony of it happening against the Spurs can't be lost here. I don't know if Bruce Bowen invented the move, but he sure perfected it. Pop defended it as tough defense back then, but that's not totally shocking. Coaches defend their players. I just enjoy the humor in all of it.

And to reiterate ... watch the highlights of the threes Curry hit when the Warriors went on their run in the second half. On at least three occasions, he lands with someone either right under him, or close enough that he didn't land clearly and fell. Now, I get some of that may be theatrics, but the Spurs' defenders are right up under him.

Bingo... Doesn't count though when it's the other team right? Pop should shut his mouth and plan for the next game. Guys get hurt all the time, it's not like he chop blocked him

Couldn't help but laugh at the dejection of Magic and Embiid at the lottery ... Magic is very fortunate that the Lakers got to keep their pick, though.

c3ee6303d1aa374aa5cdf378fded5f4c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did th celtics end up in the lottery? Who did they trade with to end up there? Nice place to be in...

Back