General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't go that far...Sac is still the laughing stock of the league, Knicks are probably number two. Sac gave away a top-5 talent for a bag of chips last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hold your horses there son. No way Sac are in a worse position than NY. Cousins is a cancer to teams. Hield does have potential and luckily they ended up with the 5 pick out of that trade, so they have the 5 and 10 picks this year. Gay's big contract comes off the books when he leaves, so they have a lot of money, and HOPEFULLY will finally draft well. Stein has been improving very nicely and is a good 2 way player. Skal and Papa are super young and I thought they did well too. I'll take the Kings coach too.

NY has Zingis and that's it. Phil can want Melo out of NY all he wants, but I'm still waiting to hear which team may actually take him.

But they got Buddy Hield. :monkey3

One team that is "under the radar" right now is the Miami Heat (if you can call Miami an under the radar team).

Lost in the collision course between Cleveland and Golden State was the news that NBA doctors have ruled Chris Bosh's blood clotting issues as a "career ending" condition...so while Miami still owes him $25.3 million next season (mostly paid out by insurance) the entire $25.3 million comes off the Heat's salary cap.

Nice locale in Miami, no state income tax, Godfather Riles running the show, and now the cap space...that could be enticing to some free agents.

Your right, I never did hear this. I thought he could potentially come back. Bummer. Miami has cap space, but I'm not sure I see it as a FA destination at the moment.

I wouldn't go that far...Sac is still the laughing stock of the league, Knicks are probably number two. Sac gave away a top-5 talent for a bag of chips last year.

NY problem is ego's getting in the way of progress......whereas Sac is a different problem altogether. Bad ego's trump bad judgement imo

hold your horses there son. No way Sac are in a worse position than NY. Hield does have potential and luckily they ended up with the 5 pick out of that trade, so they have the 5 and 10 picks this year. Gay's big contract comes off the books when he leaves, so they have a lot of money, and HOPEFULLY will finally draft well. Stein has been improving very nicely and is a good 2 way player. Skal and Papa are super young and I thought they did well too. I'll take the Kings coach too.

NY has Zingis and that's it. Phil can want Melo out of NY all he wants, but I'm still waiting to hear which team may actually take him.

Your right, I never did hear this. I thought he could potentially come back. Bummer. Miami has cap space, but I'm not sure I see it as a FA destination at the moment.

I think Miami took a hit with the players after the breakup with Wade. Riley really screwed that up.

I think next year everyone joins the Warriors and since there are no other teams they go 82-0 and sweep the playoffs.

At the risk of sounding like a LeBron apologist, I can see where he's coming from. It's all how you interpret "super team".

KD joined a team that won 72 games the year before and lost the NBA Finals in seven games. They had a reigning two-time league MVP in Steph Curry, and three All Stars in Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green, and the NBA Finals MVP the year before in Andre Iguodala. KD was the league MVP in 2013-2014, and is a four time scoring champion (Steph was also the scoring champion in 2015-2016).

LeBron joined a Miami Heat team that went 47-35 and lost in the first round the year before. Neither Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh have been league MVPs. Dwyane Wade was the Finals MVP back in 2006.

So, in summary, this year's Warriors team had the last two league MVPs, four all stars, three of the best shooters in the league in KD, Curry, and Klay Thompson, and former finals MVP in Iguodala.

It's subject to interpretation. OF course, I think the Miami Heat was a super team...but not to the level of the Golden State Warriors.

At the risk of sounding like a LeBron apologist, I can see where he's coming from. It's all how you interpret "super team".

KD joined a team that won 72 games the year before and lost the NBA Finals in seven games. They had a reigning two-time league MVP in Steph Curry, and three All Stars in Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green, and the NBA Finals MVP the year before in Andre Iguodala. KD was the league MVP in 2013-2014, and is a four time scoring champion (Steph was also the scoring champion in 2015-2016).

LeBron joined a Miami Heat team that went 47-35 and lost in the first round the year before. Neither Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh have been league MVPs. Dwyane Wade was the Finals MVP back in 2006.

So, in summary, this year's Warriors team had the last two league MVPs, four all stars, three of the best shooters in the league in KD, Curry, and Klay Thompson, and former finals MVP in Iguodala.

It's subject to interpretation. OF course, I think the Miami Heat was a super team...but not to the level of the Golden State Warriors.

Point taken.... a super, super team he hasn't been apart of but not a part of a super team kinda hard to buy

The Rockets had multiple MVPs, so I guess they were a Super Team?

If you want to define a super team by MVPs, then sure. I said that I thought the Miami team was a super team, as they had LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, arguably the third greatest shooting guard in NBA history behind MJ and Kobe. Like I said, it's open to interpretation.

Sure the Rockets had former MVPS in both Olajuwon (93-84) and Barkley (92-93), but both of them (and Clyde Drexler) were closer to the end of their careers when they got together on 1996 (They won 57 games in 96-97 and made it to WCF, but age caught up the next year), while KD and Steph (as well as Draymond and Klay) haven't even hit 30 yet.

If you want to define a super team by MVPs, then sure. I said that I thought the Miami team was a super team, as they had LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, arguably the third greatest shooting guard in NBA history behind MJ and Kobe. Like I said, it's open to interpretation.

Sure the Rockets had former MVPS in both Olajuwon (93-84) and Barkley (92-93), but both of them (and Clyde Drexler) were closer to the end of their careers when they got together on 1996 (They won 57 games in 96-97 and made it to WCF, but age caught up the next year), while KD and Steph (as well as Draymond and Klay) haven't even hit 30 yet.

I know...I was just being a devil's advocate.

we will prolly never see a team of this caliber ever again, while I'm alive anyways. None of the past greats ever faced a team like this either. Once in a life time team. If they don't win at least 2-3 more titles as a unit, that's really saying something about whoever beats them. Team has 4 legit, big time all star players, then you just throw in the finals MVP Iggy as a spare part.

I hope Carmelo goes to Cleveland. And I hope Blake griffin goes to GS. Let's just have two teams in the league and let them play 82 times.

Back