General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because these playoffs showed other than Cavs, the Eastern Conference was so weak and one sided. GS is a juggernaut, I would like to see how GS would go next season against a healthy Leonard in SA for the playoffs.
o

Western teams were rolled over .....Spurs gave up on Pops. I don't look for that group (without changes) to fare much better with a healthy Leonard.

Well, poor little I can’t beat them so I’ll join them got his ring…. Good for you KD. Hope you feel better now.

Well, poor little I can’t beat them so I’ll join them got his ring…. Good for you KD. Hope you feel better now.

Even though KD was a BEAST in the Finals, his ring was bought and paid for. I hold this championship in the same regard I hold Bron's Miami wins. You're right...with KD it was a clear choice of "if you can't beat them, then join them". Either way, there's nothing like the path of least resistance to a ring to help the level of competition in the NBA. See you all next year for Warriors vs Cavs 4.

I don't blame KD for leaving OKC . I think he did everything he could there, yet they never gave him any help other than Westbrook every season. Same with Lebron leaving Cavs the first time.

I think the doubters and naysayers should realize that these two players didn't just give their organizations one or two years and then just decided to jump ship.

These two stayed and played their hearts out for years taking their teams to the playoffs and to the finals. Yet when they lost in either the playoffs or finals to better teams management did nothing but get these guys mediocre support talent, including coaching. :slap

I actually have to give these two.. Durant and James credit for sticking with their franchises for so long .

Yeah I know they both were getting paid the most but I'm almost certain if they had the proper backup they would traded less money for more titles :lecture

So I hope owners and management realize if they want to win championships, they have to spend the money and get the right personal or draft better.

The Warriors have proven it takes a complete team not just one guy or even two stars to make a championship team in this current era of the NBA.

I guess to be fair the fans / media seem to put so much stock into winning a championship that sometimes I guess I can’t really blame somebody for “selling their soul” for one. I mean you never hear Dan Marino talked about as one of the greatest QB’s ever even though he was, but no rings = no best. It’s still a chump move by KD (and anyone else who does it) because I would think earning it is better than being given it… but to each his own I guess.

And to LeBron… not one, not two, not three, not four… but 5 Finals Loses. :)

Random thoughts/musings/replies...

Whatever franchise represents the East next finals has to have the mindset " if we meet GS in the finals, we need strong Defense as well as shooting and three pointers "

Dude, you pretty much named everything that a team needs to be successful in the modern NBA :lol. No team is going to say we just need shooting to outscore the Warriors.

I wonder what player would Cle need in FA to actually have a shot of beating GS? Could they even afford a person of that caliber right now? If GS is healthy, they are looking at a 3-peat for sure at the very least. I mean, they probably should have won 3 straight as is. I think most of their players will be willing to take paycuts to stay on this team as well...

It's already been reported that KD would be willing to take less; he's got a player option for next season for $27 million, but could theoretically opt out...and take less money so that Golden State could re-sign the players they want to resign.

I think Iguodala would be willing to take less as well...he's made plenty of money through his career (don't know how financially savvy he's been, though) and I can see him being this era's Robert Horry.

Of this year's championship, Steph Curry, Andre Iguodala, and Shaun Livingston are up for new contracts (as are David West, Zaza Pachulia, Javale McGee, and three others, but I would think Curry, Iggy, and Livingston are the priorities).

If Lebron leaves Clevand, there's a ton of money freed up :rotfl

LeBron's still under contract for next year. He has a player option for 2018/2019.

We've already done the 3-peat. We all know who won last year.

:slap

Lebron should just retire.

I know that was a facetious comment, but I will respond with a rational reply. In an elimination game, he responded with 41 points, 11 rebounds, and eight assists. Down the stretch he was the only offense that Cleveland had. Now, I'll need to re-watch the fourth quarter again because that may have been a case of Golden State allowing LeBron to score while staying home on the three point shooters, but nevertheless, he was pretty much their only offense in the fourth. Kyrie tweaked his right knee and back, and his shots weren't falling. Kevin Love was cold because he never got into rhythm after two early fouls (that was a coaching mistake on Lue's part, IMO...what they hell were you saving Kevin Love for?).

LeBron averaged a triple double in the NBA Finals...he's got a lot left in the tank.

As for his 3-5 record in the Finals...he's still a three time champion. I'm sure he would love to be 8-0 and an eight time champion. But I'm sure Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Yao Ming, Dikembe Mutombo, Reggie Miller, Chris Mullin, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, and Charles Barkley (all Hall of Fame players) would love to have that 3-5 record on their resume.

One more observation on KD as a "local" observer (not from OKC, but the DMV, where he grew up)...during his post game interview with Doris Burke, he specifically gave a shout out to PG (Prince George's) County, Maryland, DC, and Virginia...but he didn't even meet with his "hometown" Washington Wizards.

As much as people talk about the East being weak, a core of John Wall at point guard, Bradley Beal at shooting guard, and KD at small forward may have been enough to seriously challenge the Cavaliers and to come out of the East.

Hmmmmmmm it wasn't the Warriors :dunno

Congrats Warriors ...happy for you Grimlock that your team won

Thanks! [emoji106]

I'm interested to see what happens with the Cavs. Stephen A was throwing out some big stuff today where he said he has reliable sources. He said LeBron is leaving the Cavs in two years. He said Kyrie and Love are potentially on the trading block and Blake Griffon, CP3, Melo, and PG13 were all mentioned as targets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! [emoji106]

I'm interested to see what happens with the Cavs. Stephen A was throwing out some big stuff today where he said he has reliable sources. He said LeBron is leaving the Cavs in two years. He said Kyrie and Love are potentially on the trading block and Blake Griffon, CP3, Melo, and PG13 were all mentioned as targets.

Kyrie for any of those players is a waste.....I wouldn't trade Love for most of them either. Seriously most good players at their prime is on the Warriors and Cavs with few exceptions.

Either go risky with a young stud or keep picking up toss always. The Greek Freak, The Brow, Leonard, The Beard and Westbrook not going anywhere. PG13 is a flight risk so not much else to choose from unless they go young or toss away

Because these playoffs showed other than Cavs, the Eastern Conference was so weak and one sided. GS is a juggernaut, I would like to see how GS would go next season against a healthy Leonard in SA for the playoffs.

I think the West next season could be a race between a group of teams to get to the finals with GS being the favorite.

I want to see another Eastern Conference team to be in the finals but who :dunno

at least the East took 1 game, almost 2. West needs to step their game up. The 7 and 8 seeds in the East were stronger than those same seeds in the West regardless of record imo.

New Orleans will be the champs next year. Sorry Golden State!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I hope you enjoy what Cousins brings to your franchise for a very long time :)

I wonder what player would Cle need in FA to actually have a shot of beating GS? Could they even afford a person of that caliber right now? If GS is healthy, they are looking at a 3-peat for sure at the very least. I mean, they probably should have won 3 straight as is. I think most of their players will be willing to take paycuts to stay on this team as well...

Cavs have 0 money. They have to gut quite a few pieces from the roster. Love has to go if they want to bring in a solid 2 way player. I don't see Love being worth anymore than what he is now, so if a trade were to happen, it has to be now. To pay all 4 of their big time players in GS.....I'm not sure how big of a cut they are willing to take. All that luxury tax stuff is going to sneak up on them quickly.

One more observation on KD as a "local" observer (not from OKC, but the DMV, where he grew up)...during his post game interview with Doris Burke, he specifically gave a shout out to PG (Prince George's) County, Maryland, DC, and Virginia...but he didn't even meet with his "hometown" Washington Wizards.

As much as people talk about the East being weak, a core of John Wall at point guard, Bradley Beal at shooting guard, and KD at small forward may have been enough to seriously challenge the Cavaliers and to come out of the East.

That roster defn could have beaten the Cavs or the Warriors

Even though KD was a BEAST in the Finals, his ring was bought and paid for. I hold this championship in the same regard I hold Bron's Miami wins. You're right...with KD it was a clear choice of "if you can't beat them, then join them". Either way, there's nothing like the path of least resistance to a ring to help the level of competition in the NBA. See you all next year for Warriors vs Cavs 4.

KD is the only top 3 player EVER to join the team he couldn't beat. Very different situations.

Thanks! [emoji106]

that guy is a idiot much of the time. Griffin is a nobody without Paul and is one of the worst performers in the playoffs. I'm convinced CP3 is going to SA next year and I still don't know anyone who even wants Melo with that contract. Only way PG could be acquired is if he promised a team he would resign in the offseason cause he can bolt next summer.

Garbage nbrs...:)

Bron peed in folks Cheerios is all I can gather for the anger he generates in some people.

It's pretty obvious if it wasn't for the decision and the stupid parade, he'd be seen in a much different light.

Kyrie for any of those players is a waste.....I wouldn't trade Love for most of them either. Seriously most good players at their prime is on the Warriors and Cavs with few exceptions.

Either go risky with a young stud or keep picking up toss always. The Greek Freak, The Brow, Leonard, The Beard and Westbrook not going anywhere. PG13 is a flight risk so not much else to choose from unless they go young or toss away

PG and Lebron seem to always be pretty buddy buddy with each other. I don't think he'd bolt if they traded for him. He wants to win.

Don't mean anything if you don't win. Just like the Warriors 73 wins.

It's true, as far as how people view an athlete's overall career, but as an active player, it means he's still the best in the world, and a contender.

Lebron is so great, that it's almost a given that HE...not the Cavs, will be in the finals next year no matter which team he plays for next season :lol

KD is the only top 3 player EVER to join the team he couldn't beat. Very different situations.

To me, it's the same difference. Bought and paid for, is bought and paid for. I don't care which team you abandoned and which team you joined. The idea is the same. Can't win where I'm at...form or join a super team for the easiest path to a ring.

I think you are way off if you think the worst Eastern teams are better than the West. Portland had one of the best records in the league (2nd best?) behind the Warriors after the all-star break. Memphis is pretty damn solid too.

I think Utah, OKC, Memphis and Portland would all beat the Hawks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back