General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are way off if you think the worst Eastern teams are better than the West. Portland had one of the best records in the league (2nd best?) behind the Warriors after the all-star break. Memphis is pretty damn solid too.

I think Utah, OKC, Memphis and Portland would all beat the Hawks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give you the Hawks, but I think a healthy Bulls team and the Pacers are better than Port and Memphis.

I don't blame KD for leaving OKC . I think he did everything he could there, yet they never gave him any help other than Westbrook every season. Same with Lebron leaving Cavs the first time.

I agree and disagree to an extent. Sam Presti drafted some of the best players in the NBA over the years. Yet he played hardball and lost Ibaka, Harden, Jackson (who is a ******) and Durant (big ******). Yet, people need not forget that OKC was 1 quarter away from advancing to the finals last year. If Klay Thompson doesn't score so many in the 3rd quarter, OKC would have faced Lebron. So it can't betrue that OKC never gave KD help other than Westbrook. Al Horford was rumored to an OKC lock until KD left. KD was getting help but wanted to play with D Green and GS.

OKC management butchered their once in a lifetime chance at having a super team. But KD could have won at OKC too.

Yup, KD knows :lol

Xvg5IQx.jpg

Here's Mark Stein's power rankings going into the playoffs. According to him the Blazers were the 9th best team, Bulls 14th, Pacers 18th and Hawks 20th. Memphis was 17th.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19066128/nba-power-rankings-marc-stein-week-24-rankings
https://es.pn/2oBW8GY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

his power rankings don't take into consideration Bulls beating the Celtics if Rondo doesn't go down and that besides Boston, Indiana played Cle tougher than Toronto. The guy had Clev at #6, Regular season and postseason are completely different.

I agree and disagree to an extent. Sam Presti drafted some of the best players in the NBA over the years. Yet he played hardball and lost Ibaka, Harden, Jackson (who is a ******) and Durant (big ******). Yet, people need not forget that OKC was 1 quarter away from advancing to the finals last year. If Klay Thompson doesn't score so many in the 3rd quarter, OKC would have faced Lebron. So it can't betrue that OKC never gave KD help other than Westbrook. Al Horford was rumored to an OKC lock until KD left. KD was getting help but wanted to play with D Green and GS.

OKC management butchered their once in a lifetime chance at having a super team. But KD could have won at OKC too.

Not sure how KD is a ******, Jackson I get. Sure KD could have handled things better when he moved, but he made a good decision for himself. You can say he lack competitive edge, or something like that...but I don't think he's a ******. That's just my thoughts anyway...

If Westbrook was my teammate and I had a chance to join GSW I'd run as fast as I could to the Bay Area. I think Russ would be a nightmare to play with if you are as good as KD is...but I'm not a huge fan of Westbrook or that type of player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

his power rankings don't take into consideration Bulls beating the Celtics if Rondo doesn't go down and that besides Boston, Indiana played Cle tougher than Toronto. The guy had Clev at #6, Regular season and postseason are completely different.

Rankings don't take into account Isaiah's sister dying either. I don't think many would argue that the Celts aren't a better built team than the Bulls. Rondo may or may not have tipped the scales, but I know I don't want him on my team. He's one of the most destructive players in the league.

The Celts might have been the worst 1st seed in history, but that's just telling you that the Eastern Conference is weak. I don't see any way the East is stronger than the West. The best two teams in the NBA are in the west (if you ask me).

Rankings don't take into account Isaiah's sister dying either. I don't think many would argue that the Celts aren't a better built team than the Bulls. Rondo may or may not have tipped the scales, but I know I don't want him on my team. He's one of the most destructive players in the league.

The Celts might have been the worst 1st seed in history, but that's just telling you that the Eastern Conference is weak. I don't see any way the East is stronger than the West. The best two teams in the NBA are in the west (if you ask me).

I never said the east was stronger than the west, just that the 7/8 seeds were better in the east to me. I don't think Bos is the weakest 1 seed ever. Outside of SA and GS, I could see them beating anyone else in the West. Houston proved to possibly be the most overrated team in the league.

lol...

I'll give the dude his props the games I watched, he was a beast and claimed that team (no longer Curry, Thompson or *********)

Oh yeah, Durant (35 ppg, 8, 5, 2, 1) was great and the MVP of the Warriors team.

However, Lebron (36 ppg, 12, 10, 1, 1) was still the best player in both team....just like he's been the best player in either team in the last 6 finals, regardless of outcome.

Yeah, best team trumps the best player...even KD noted that during his on court interview after the game ended. I don't remember his words exactly, but he said something along the lines of "I wanted to come to a team..."

When I watched last night, I thought "Was that a subtle dig at OKC?"

I never said the east was stronger than the west, just that the 7/8 seeds were better in the east to me. I don't think Bos is the weakest 1 seed ever. Outside of SA and GS, I could see them beating anyone else in the West. Houston proved to possibly be the most overrated team in the league.

I agree Houston was overrated, but I'd still pick them over the Celtics. I think the Celtics are about as good as Utah.

Yeah, best team trumps the best player...even KD noted that during his on court interview after the game ended. I don't remember his words exactly, but he said something along the lines of "I wanted to come to a team..."

When I watched last night, I thought "Was that a subtle dig at OKC?"

I don't think it was an intended dig as OKC, but it's the reality. Any team with Russ is going to be chaotic. The Warriors play the "right way" and would be way less stressful than playing with Russ/OKC.

Totally agree LeBron is still the best in the league for now. I'm not sure if he has one or more years with that title.

I don't think it was an intended dig as OKC, but it's the reality. Any team with Russ is going to be chaotic. The Warriors play the "right way" and would be way less stressful than playing with Russ/OKC.

Totally agree LeBron is still the best in the league for now. I'm not sure if he has one or more years with that title.

KD wasted 10 years playing for the Thunders, but at least he's a champion now and will never be a Charles Barkley or Carmelo Anthony. Good luck to Westbrook collecting more meaningless season triple doubles :lol

I loved it when Phil Jackson said Melo should “decide if he wants to be a Knick or not” and I’m thinking Phil you better decide if YOU want to be a Knick or not. Phil’s screwed up that team more and looks less interested in being there than Melo ever did.

I loved it when Phil Jackson said Melo should “decide if he wants to be a Knick or not” and I’m thinking Phil you better decide if YOU want to be a Knick or not. Phil’s screwed up that team more and looks less interested in being there than Melo ever did.

Agreed Super Team of ego's (Dolan,Jackson,Anthony) making that franchise a laughing stock of the league.

Sacramento isn't as messed up and that's saying something lol

Agreed Super Team of ego's (Dolan,Jackson,Anthony) making that franchise a laughing stock of the league.

Sacramento isn't as messed up and that's saying something lol

I wouldn't go that far...Sac is still the laughing stock of the league, Knicks are probably number two. Sac gave away a top-5 talent for a bag of chips last year.

But they got Buddy Hield. :monkey3

One team that is "under the radar" right now is the Miami Heat (if you can call Miami an under the radar team).

Lost in the collision course between Cleveland and Golden State was the news that NBA doctors have ruled Chris Bosh's blood clotting issues as a "career ending" condition...so while Miami still owes him $25.3 million next season (mostly paid out by insurance) the entire $25.3 million comes off the Heat's salary cap.

Nice locale in Miami, no state income tax, Godfather Riles running the show, and now the cap space...that could be enticing to some free agents.

Back