General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bulls are in total rebuild mode now. Can't blame them though. They knew they needed to and decided to just go ahead and start early.

Timberwolves will be fun to watch. The West continues to get better. As OKC slips, I see Utah and Hou moving up in power rankings. Minn is also moving up. I don't see NO being a contender yet but they also have a good nucleus (talent-wise).

Bulls are in total rebuild mode now. Can't blame them though. They knew they needed to and decided to just go ahead and start early.

Timberwolves will be fun to watch. The West continues to get better. As OKC slips, I see Utah and Hou moving up in power rankings. Minn is also moving up. I don't see NO being a contender yet but they also have a good nucleus (talent-wise).

Utah will slip once Heyward leaves and Hous won't be any better than where they are at now at #3 in the conference. I don't think LAC, or Memphis will even be a playoff team next season.

Buckets needs to grow thicker skin..... whining about what it does / doesn't mean being "the man" in Chicago. I get Chicago to Minnesota itself can be offsetting but your "the man" on a new team that wanted you and still making crazy bills to play a game....that game provides you opportunities majority of people will never know. Get over the butt hurt and play ball geeez.

Buckets needs to grow thicker skin..... whining about what it does / doesn't mean being "the man" in Chicago. I get Chicago to Minnesota itself can be offsetting but your "the man" on a new team that wanted you and still making crazy bills to play a game....that game provides you opportunities majority of people will never know. Get over the butt hurt and play ball geeez.

one thing that is odd about the whole Butler trade is that if Rondo doesn't get hurt, they more than likely knock off Bos, and potentially knock off Wash. Would he still have been traded if they made the conference finals?

one thing that is odd about the whole Butler trade is that if Rondo doesn't get hurt, they more than likely knock off Bos, and potentially knock off Wash. Would he still have been traded if they made the conference finals?

I don't know why people say this. It's just as likely Rondo would have freaked out and become a distraction to the team...like on every other team. He had been benched earlier in the season. Not to mention the Bulls were MAJORLY flawed with no shooters worth mentioning in their starting lineup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A lot is odd about Butler trade if u ask me....was that really the best deal they could get.l...

I get if they were going to trade him then the sooner the better. Otherwise they lose leverage sorta like the Pacers find themselves now.

Besides LA and Cle, who else has been trying to get George though? The only team that seems willing to risk PG in a one year rental is Cle.At least Butler has a few years on his current contract and isn't set on any location that we know of like PG.

Only two teams have interest in George unlike Butler. Chi had potential to work out a better trade, it wasn't like they just decided on draft night to move him. I was curious if that was the best trade available.

Indiana was put in a uncomfortable situation at last minute with George's announcement and the longer they wait to move him the less leverage they have to get value in return. Assuming they have leverage at all

Obviously there's a lot of speculation/misinformation out there, but I read that PG really liked the thought of playing with Gordon Hayward, who went to Butler University in Indiana.

Brad Stevens is Hayward's former coach...and of course, is the Boston Celtics' coach. Some think this gives the Celtics the edge in signing Hayward to a free agent (Gordon Hayward not being named to one of the three All NBA teams is a big deal because if he was, the Jazz would have been able to offer substantially more to resign Hayward than any other team...same with PG13 not being named to an All NBA team).

So, the theory is that the Celts sign Hayward, and with Hayward on board, potentially entice Paul George to stay with the Celtics and join a long and distinguished list of small forwards in Boston: Larry Legend, the late Reggie Lewis, Antoine Walker, and Paul Pierce.

Only two teams have interest in George unlike Butler. Chi had potential to work out a better trade, it wasn't like they just decided on draft night to move him. I was curious if that was the best trade available.

Indiana was put in a uncomfortable situation at last minute with George's announcement and the longer they wait to move him the less leverage they have to get value in return. Assuming they have leverage at all

it seems Bos didn't even take a shot at Butler, so who knows what other offers they had. I don't think any one in the top 5 would've been willing to give up their pick for Butler.

Obviously there's a lot of speculation/misinformation out there, but I read that PG really liked the thought of playing with Gordon Hayward, who went to Butler University in Indiana.

Brad Stevens is Hayward's former coach...and of course, is the Boston Celtics' coach. Some think this gives the Celtics the edge in signing Hayward to a free agent (Gordon Hayward not being named to one of the three All NBA teams is a big deal because if he was, the Jazz would have been able to offer substantially more to resign Hayward than any other team...same with PG13 not being named to an All NBA team).

So, the theory is that the Celts sign Hayward, and with Hayward on board, potentially entice Paul George to stay with the Celtics and join a long and distinguished list of small forwards in Boston: Larry Legend, the late Reggie Lewis, Antoine Walker, and Paul Pierce.

could Bos afford 2 max players this summer? I think it's likely they get Hayward or Griffin or PG, but I think it would take getting 2 of those 3 to top Cle this year. Well, in all reality, at this point, it seems very likely Lebron leaves after this year, so maybe Bos doesn't need to go all in just yet.

Off topic, but I was hanging out with one of the Warriors owners (grey Warriors hat) today and his incredible 1969 L88 Vette.

cfd9b56ee7e9306741ffaf4f5fe72560.jpg

4781b07fc2628007202b73c406f5e265.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the reported deal was PG13 to Cleveland, Kevin Love to Denver, and picks and young assets from Denver to Indiana (I think I read Emmanuel Mudiay was named), but the deal couldn't be done on draft day.

Living in the this day of near instant information is eye opening at times, but leaks of failed trades can have a negative impact on the players named.

I like Kevin Love's game, but he does not match up well with Golden State.

Back