General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, it would totally be a crap trade. Can you imagine a starting five of Draymond at center, Paul George and Kevin Durant at forward, Klay Thompson at shooting guard, and Steph Curry at point? The only defensive liability would be Curry, and they could hide him/cover him defensively.

Good thing this was only a fan's trade, but the math adds up.

Like mentioned before, the Pacers have ZERO leverage with George. They'd be lucky to get anything for him. The only potential trading partners are teams that aren't concerned with him possibly being a one year rental (Cleveland) and teams that might get desperate that they won't be able to sign him (the Lakers).

If George had sat down with the Pacers front office and told them his intentions on the down low, that'd be one thing. The Pacers could have quietly shopped him around. But somehow the news that he'd be leaving got out...either his people leaked it or someone within the organization panicked and talked too much. Regardless, Indiana is *****ked.

I read another tidbit somewhere that I found interesting (I haven't checked on the veracity of the claim, though). Apparently, LaMarcus Aldridge and Paul George's contracts this year match up...

Actually, the Warriors don't have KD's Bird rights (They have the Bird rights to four players: Curry, Iguodala, Shaun Livingston, and James McAdoo), but it doesn't matter since KD will decline his player option and sign for less.

One thing of note (though I don't know if this will affect GS re-signing any of the players they want to keep) is that next year's salary cap is $2 million less than originally anticipated.

EDIT: And now it's being reported that San Antonio is shopping LMA for a top-10 pick tonight. Hmmm...Boston?

I keep hearing about all this talk with LA should grab him now, but with what? From what I understand, the #2 pick is not on the table. They traded their best asset already and I don't believe they have a pick next year? So, what do they have to offer Indiana? So far, the best deal I have seen is Love for PG. Love can still get you 20/10 and his contract isn't completely outrageous.

And if anybody takes that deal its a steal for SA.

I remember when signing LMA was supposed to be such a huge deal. How quickly he turned into nothing for them. Any team in the top 10 would be stupid to trade their pick for him. His stock couldn't be any lower. They would be lucky to get a late 1st rd pick for him.

What will be interesting to me is if a team will take a chance on Chris Bosh. Though his medical ruling relieved the Heat of his contract, Bosh can still sign with another NBA team. He hasn't played for almost two years, though.

What will be interesting to me is if a team will take a chance on Chris Bosh. Though his medical ruling relieved the Heat of his contract, Bosh can still sign with another NBA team. He hasn't played for almost two years, though.

someone will pick him up if he can play, but he's very much like Love and LMA. Good talents that won't necessarily put you over the top.

Celtics apparently offered 2 lottery picks for Zingis. If NY was going to trade him, that's the best deal that they could get I reckon. Kings might have the 2nd best option at picks 5 and 10.

Nope, not yet. ESPN has him rated as the fifth best player still available.

EDIT: Detroit took him.

Last edited:
Glad to see Sac did very very well. I think letting go of Demarcus ended up paying off after all. I'm also curious to see how well Butler does in Minn. I'm not sure if it will even be enough to get them into the playoffs. Can't believe PG hasn't been traded yet. Does Ind even have options anymore?

Minnesota will be a playoff team. Not sure how far they get but they will be more competitive this year. They stole show last night.

I'm starting to get excited about my Timberwolves.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yup, I've posted before that Minny was my favorite "bad" team to watch. Add Jimmy Buckets to KAT, Wiggins, and Rubio, and they should be pretty good.

Where's he going to go? No one's going to pay him more than he's making with the Bulls. Players only opt out if they can make more money, not less.

Yeah, for the most part, this is true. But I give you exhibit A: David West. He opted out from his higher contract with Indiana to go to SA two years ago.

DWade has his three rings, and most likely would rather have the money at this point. But I make no assumptions about any man's intentions.

Where's he going to go? No one's going to pay him more than he's making with the Bulls. Players only opt out if they can make more money, not less.

Unless they are on the Spurs or Heat and they are getting paid on the side...like Pau.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, I've posted before that Minny was my favorite "bad" team to watch. Add Jimmy Buckets to KAT, Wiggins, and Rubio, and they should be pretty good.

I’ve basically been out of the NBA for around 10 years (even before the Sonics left.) I have watched about 15 minutes total of basketball in those 10 years but now I am starting to get back into it a little and it sure doesn’t hurt that my favorite team is starting to FINALLY get some good things going.

Yeah. They are. Being a big fan of Wade, I really hope they trade him, buy him out, or he retires. He really doesn't need to be part of a rebuilding process at this stage in his career.

Back