General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that would be a big mistake to trade a young Zingis, but I guarantee every team in the league is calling NY to try and get him. I'd love to see him in Sac; trade picks 5 and 10 for him? It's funny that nobody was willing to trade for Melo. LAC prolly still gets bumped in the first round with him, second round at most, but it would keep CP3 there.

Nets are inching closer to the dumbest team in the league. Russell is a nice prospect, but taking on the dumbest contract in the league minus Melo's makes no sense when your trying to rebuild. Lakers caught a huge break. They don't really need to trade for PG when he will just come to them in the offseason. LA has to keep that 2nd pick now I would think.

LAL offering scraps for George and why not. Indiana has little bargaining power assuming the Lakers don't fall into "gotta happen now" I'd keep players of value and wait it out their not panning for championship next year anyway.

They've got nothing to lose knowing next year they have best chance to get him.

Some dude posted this on Deadspin. According to the ESPN Trade Machine, it works. Imagine if this happened, LOL.

ohmqec.png

but how does that take into account Steph and KD's new contracts when we don't even know what they are? How about all their other free agents? Even if it was possible, that would be the worst trade in NBA history.

but how does that take into account Steph and KD's new contracts when we don't even know what they are? How about all their other free agents? Even if it was possible, that would be the worst trade in NBA history.

Warriors have Step and KD Bird rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard Cavs players (unnamed) raising concerns to George and Butler about joining Cavs thus the talk slowdown....

Lebron setting the stage for LA debut

well, if George doesn't want to play with Lebron in Cle, why would he in LA? I'm not sure I see Indiana being able to trade PG at this point unless it's for a one year rental. Indiana is going to end up with nothing. LA is not going to offer any real assets when PG will walk there after next season.

well, if George doesn't want to play with Lebron in Cle, why would he in LA? I'm not sure I see Indiana being able to trade PG at this point unless it's for a one year rental. Indiana is going to end up with nothing. LA is not going to offer any real assets when PG will walk there after next season.

I wasn't aware PG didn't want to play with Lebron? I'd venture a guess if Lebron and PG wanted to be a LAL next year it'd happen

I assumed you meant "concerns" as playing with Lebron. I'm not sure what other concerns there could be. Cavs need to start turning over some of this roster pretty soon.

Some dude posted this on Deadspin. According to the ESPN Trade Machine, it works. Imagine if this happened, LOL.

ohmqec.png

Now that's what I'm talking about! Get it done GS

I messed around with the draft machine and found a way to get Jimmy Butler, Paul George, cp3 or Blake griffin to GS. Poor GS fans lol.

Last edited:

Oh, it would totally be a crap trade. Can you imagine a starting five of Draymond at center, Paul George and Kevin Durant at forward, Klay Thompson at shooting guard, and Steph Curry at point? The only defensive liability would be Curry, and they could hide him/cover him defensively.

Good thing this was only a fan's trade, but the math adds up.

Like mentioned before, the Pacers have ZERO leverage with George. They'd be lucky to get anything for him. The only potential trading partners are teams that aren't concerned with him possibly being a one year rental (Cleveland) and teams that might get desperate that they won't be able to sign him (the Lakers).

If George had sat down with the Pacers front office and told them his intentions on the down low, that'd be one thing. The Pacers could have quietly shopped him around. But somehow the news that he'd be leaving got out...either his people leaked it or someone within the organization panicked and talked too much. Regardless, Indiana is *****ked.

I read another tidbit somewhere that I found interesting (I haven't checked on the veracity of the claim, though). Apparently, LaMarcus Aldridge and Paul George's contracts this year match up...

Warriors have Step and KD Bird rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, the Warriors don't have KD's Bird rights (They have the Bird rights to four players: Curry, Iguodala, Shaun Livingston, and James McAdoo), but it doesn't matter since KD will decline his player option and sign for less.

One thing of note (though I don't know if this will affect GS re-signing any of the players they want to keep) is that next year's salary cap is $2 million less than originally anticipated.

EDIT: And now it's being reported that San Antonio is shopping LMA for a top-10 pick tonight. Hmmm...Boston?

Back