GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Buttmunch posted a new SE figure that was based directly off his Sideshow look a while back.

Yeah, the most recent Snake Eyes that came out in the Pursuit of Cobra line seems to be based on the Sideshow version. Pretty awesome little figure, I think.

Makes one wonder . . .

All of the 1:6 figures from Sideshow have taken the general appearance/inspiration/theme based on the 1:18 figures . . . for the most part.

I wonder if we'll ever see 1:18 figures from Hasbro . . . or maybe Sideshow . . . directly based on/derived from their 1:6 counterparts?

If this statement is silly@$$, then fine. I understand.

;)

You mean like the Snake Eyes Hasbro released in the PoC line earlier this year? :lol

snakeeyes54.jpg

I bit the 1:18 bullet and picked up a complete set of all the GI JOE RENEGADES figures after work from WALMART late last night including STALKER. Granted, at first I did not dig the dreads, but overall he is a worthwhile figure.

I scored the following.

COBRA COMMANDER
DUKE
FIREFLY
HAZARD VIPER X 2
IRON GRENADIER
SNAKE EYES X 2
STALKER

IF & WHEN the opportunity presents itself, I'll need to pick up the 30th Anniversary edition of the COBRA TROOPER, COBRA VIPER, & some more STEEL BRIGADE figures.

My WALMART carries the 1:18 figures for $6.97 each. The local TRUs sells them for $8.97 each. The local TARGET stores sells them for $7.88 each. Obviously WALMART is the logical choice.

I already picked up a VAMP MK II a few weeks ago. I may pick up a second one.

I never though I would actively get the 1:18 figures again. I've been selectively picking up certain characters, but it's getting to a point I am actively enjoying them and contemplating going back and picking up the rest of the 25th Anniversary and miscellaneous figures I passed on for the past couple years short of the trying to acquire the original vintage 1:18 figures because that is not an option for me.

lol

Didn't think it was worth a bump, however I am happy to know that they should arrive in excellent condition.

Only 3 more and the mystery figure
Big Boa
Cover Girl
Sure Fire

Looking forward to Cover Girl and Big Boa!

lol

Didn't think it was worth a bump, however I am happy to know that they should arrive in excellent condition.

Only 3 more and the mystery figure
Big Boa
Cover Girl
Sure Fire

Looking forward to Cover Girl and Big Boa!

after that crappy jinx reveal,I am not expecting much of getting the ARAH Classic Cover Girl and Big Boa.Somebody mentioned Boa might get POC Quick Kick's gloves (pretty pathetic)...

Don't even know the character, is he DTC? :dunno

I wouldn't mind the Medi-Viper for the mystery figure..that would be sweet!

Ah, you guys have been spoiled by MOTUC and the Sideshow Joe line.

I actually kind of like this figure. He's a bit "meh", but not bad. He'll look alright hanging off a vehicle or something.

I think I'm still in the sub. I haven't hated any of the figures, at least!

probably true (at least for me)

but honestly,these figures are not what I am looking for to complete my 25th anniversary classic collection...

Next week is big boa and covergirl...I expect them to suck aswell

Ah, you guys have been spoiled by MOTUC and the Sideshow Joe line.

I actually kind of like this figure. He's a bit "meh", but not bad. He'll look alright hanging off a vehicle or something.

I think I'm still in the sub. I haven't hated any of the figures, at least!
--

Of all the figures previewed so far, Top Side & Grunt are the two that I really want. The others are . . . MEH, but given the purpose & spirit of the figures that the club is doing . . . I guess one can cut them some slack.

God forbid if Sideshow ever produced 1:6 versions of the figures in the same identical appearance & manner. Some of us would literally be @ Sideshow's doorstep with pitchforks & torches in hand.

I'm still on the fence about the subscription at this point.

--

Of all the figures previewed so far, Top Side & Grunt are the two that I really want. The others are . . . MEH, but given the purpose & spirit of the figures that the club is doing . . . I guess one can cut them some slack.

Well, not only that, but resources. It's a fan club, when all is said and done. It's pretty amazing that they're able - and willing - to do what they do. They have nowhere near the resources of Mattel (the biggest toy company in the world!) or Sideshow.

I agree, Topside and Grunt are the only "must haves" in terms of completing my RAH characters in 25th format, but I like them all, to be quite honest. They're not all great, but not bad either, imo.

Back